PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone else get a call from the Patriots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsWSB47

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
A couple of hours ago I got a call from the New England Patriots. The rep said they were calling season ticket holders to thank them for their support and asked me if I had any issues or ideas to make the experience better. They wanted to verify my email address so they could send me a pro shop discount coupon. I haven't seen the email yet. Just wondering if it was really them.

well so far 255 looks at this and no one has responded. No other season ticket holders have been called? Maybe a scam after all. If so I wonder how they got my cell phone number? Weird.

Sorry, not a season ticket holder anymore.

Personally, I looked at this thread because I though since the Pats are on a free agent acquisition spree that they might be calling people at random and offering them a contract.

no call here.. But i use google/voice and block 800 #'s

Sorry, not a season ticket holder anymore.

Personally, I looked at this thread because I though since the Pats are on a free agent acquisition spree that they might be calling people at random and offering them a contract.
haha same, I would love to get that call from the Pats

Yeah

But it turns out that I can't rush the passer

I'm a season ticket Holder and did not receive a call.
But.... With about 60,000 season ticket holders, I'm sure they haven't called all of them.
Probably calling at random

Seems unlikely that it was a scam; how did they know you were a Pats season ticket holder? They didn't ask for any credit card or bank info, right? I can't imagine someone going to that great a length to get your email address.

Was there no number on your caller ID? If you're still concerned I would just call the Patriots tomorrow and ask them.

A couple of hours ago I got a call from the New England Patriots. The rep said they were calling season ticket holders to thank them for their support and asked me if I had any issues or ideas to make the experience better. They wanted to verify my email address so they could send me a pro shop discount coupon. I haven't seen the email yet. Just wondering if it was really them.

That's a little weird. The caller knew you were a ticket holder and also knew your phone number, then only asked for your email. Doesn't add up. If they asked for a credit card so they could "expedite" delivery of a gift, that would sound like a scam.

Maybe it's a dumb scammer or maybe it was someone from the Pats. Or maybe it was someone working an identity theft thing and needed your email. I'd check caller ID. Hope you didn't tell them anything

Seems unlikely that it was a scam; how did they know you were a Pats season ticket holder? They didn't ask for any credit card or bank info, right? I can't imagine someone going to that great a length to get your email address.

Was there no number on your caller ID? If you're still concerned I would just call the Patriots tomorrow and ask them.

Good advice all around. I never tell any anonymous caller anything.

If they say they're collecting money for what sounds like a legitimate cause, I ask them to send me a request in writing. Surprise! It never comes.

If they tell me they don't have my home or email address and could I please give it to them, I hang up right away.

If it sounds important and something you'd like to do, just ask them for a number at which you can call them back to verify they are who they say they are. That's usually a game stopper if they aren't legit.

I just got a call from a guy laughing saying he got the email address of a guy named PatsSB42 and hes going to send him 1 MILLION coupons over the next 3 months

I got a call because they heard I was back up around 250 ... now they are talking to Larsen. :nosmile:

Caller ID said "unavailable". I will call the Pats tomorrow to see if they're running this thing. Thanks for all the replies everyone.

Professional sports teams hire a group of people who are always making phone calls, usually to generate new business. Periodically, they are directed to call current customers to make sure they are happy; however, the real intent is to either update, confirm, or obtain an email address. That email address will then be used for e-mail marketing reason (e.g. newsletter, special offers, etc), which, in turn, is intended to generate even more money.
This is why they called you.

Professional sports teams hire a group of people who are always making phone calls, usually to generate new business. Periodically, they are directed to call current customers to make sure they are happy; however, the real intent is to either update, confirm, or obtain an email address. That email address will then be used for e-mail marketing reason (e.g. newsletter, special offers, etc), which, in turn, is intended to generate even more money.

Perhaps but they have my email address because they periodically email me about playoff tickets etc......most recently i got the ticket invoice for this coming year. definitely calling them and I'll be on the lookout for spam

Why would they need to verify your e-mail address? I'm a season ticket holder and I KNOW they have my e-mail address. Did they flat-out ask for your e-mail address or tell you what they have and just asked you to confirm? Sounds to me like it might've been a second party hired by the Pats to do a survey, but as a Pats season ticket holder you automatically get a 15-percent pro shop discount. I'll be interested to know what they send you for a coupon.

I got a coupon from them for an evening of relaxation at the turkish baths located in the back of Serge and Larry's Boom Boom Room out at Race Point...hey!...wait a minute...wha????

Yeah, they called, and I was like, "What's up?"

And they were like, "F*** the Jets!"

And I was like, "Cool."

But they already had his email address. And "Professional sports teams" wouldn't hire agencies that approached the OP in as ham-handed a manner as he was approached. Scam.

I just read a few posts above, including my own useless addition...

How many days is it now to the Draft?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand