PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anybody else super anxious and excited?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slash83

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Trying to figure out what the Pats are going to do starting Friday is exciting and nerve wracking at the same time. They have so much ammo to make moves whether its with free agents such as Peppers or Dansby, or making a trade for high caliber players such as Boldin, Richard and Brandon Marshall or even Olsen from the Bears. All this plus with their own players such as VW, Bodden, Faulk, TBC. I gotta feeling theres going to be a lot to talk about come Friday morning... Cant wait!

Trying to figure out what the Pats are going to do starting Friday is exciting and nerve wracking at the same time. They have so much ammo to make moves whether its with free agents such as Peppers or Dansby, or making a trade for high caliber players such as Boldin, Richard and Brandon Marshall or even Olsen from the Bears. All this plus with their own players such as VW, Bodden, Faulk, TBC. I gotta feeling theres going to be a lot to talk about come Friday morning... Cant wait!

I have a feeling you will be disapointed... I think this offseason will be about being conservative and trying to be competive... the draft is where we will make the splash, not in FA, we try to resign Bodden and Faulk, and maybee a WR in FA, but that is going to be it, except for some jags... Of course im keeping my expectation low, because I wont be disspointed, but the uncertanty of next year is huge than most people think..

Last edited:
I have a feeling you will be disapointed... I think this offseason will be about being conservative and trying to be competive... the draft is where we will make the splash, not in FA, we try to resign Bodden and Faulk, and maybee a WR in FA, but that is going to be it, except for some jags... Of course im keeping my expectation low, because I wont be disspointed, but the uncertanty of next year is huge than most people think..

I know what your saying, Im not banking on the fact that what I said is a for sure thing or even somewhat likely. But the potential is there and they can be aggressive if they choose to go that route, time will tell though...

I know what your saying, Im not banking on the fact that what I said is a for sure thing or even somewhat likely. But the potential is there and they can be aggressive if they choose to go that route, time will tell though...

Your right about the potential, the question will be will they want to win the championship in 10, or just satisfy of being a team with Tom Brady and be in competition..

The pats are going to get atleast 1 big name player. They can't fix all the holes through the draft for immediate impact.

My excitement is tempered. I am prepared to lose Bodden, Green, Neal. Not prepared to lose Faulk or TBC, assume they will be back, along with RFAs Mankins and Ghost.

I think there willbe a number of mid-level FA signings. Not anticipating any big FA splashes, but if there's one thing I've learned being a BB Pats fan, expect the unexpected.

cannot sleep at all..... How many more hours till FA?

I am excited right now. I want to find out what the tenders are that the Patriots put on their players..

I've been anxious for the off-season to really start since the moment the Pats were eliminated. I expect Bodden and Watson to leave, TBC, Neal and Faulk to come back at reasonable price tags and short years and the Pats to kick the tires on Jason Taylor and other aging vets (Derrick Mason maybe?). Not sure about Jarvis Green and if/when/how the team will dump Adalius Thomas.

Hope there's enough small things happening to keep us occupied until the draft, which is where the team will really make their impact moves IMO

Not at all, I cant wait until the draft though, doubt the Pats make too many moves, Id be happy with Dansby though.

I was really excited until reading Mr. Kraft's comments last week about being 'close' to a deal with Vince. I feel that we won't have enough to go get Peppers & sign VW with the thoughts on TB12 looming. I want to wake up Friday morning and hear about something big happening, similar to the AD deal. Nothing would make me happier than to read Peppers or Boldin is with NEP!

Nervous but excited at the same time.

I expect the Pats to be pretty active in free agency. They might not get a Peppers or Dansby, but history has shown that whenever this team has significant holes one season under Belichick, he is agressive to replace the holes in free agency (see 2003 and 2007). The Pats' payroll is very low and one of the lowest in the league. If there was a cap, they would be one of the teams with the most cap space. Next year, they will have tons of cap space assuming there is a season.

Yes, the Pats are concerned about the future and CBA, but they are one of the teams in the league with the most flexibility in terms of payroll and cap space if there was a cap. Kraft is not going to set the Pats back three years because of the unlikely event there is no 2011 season.

The Pats may not get a top free agent, but don't be suprised if they pick up three or four next tier free agents or target a RFA with a second round tender.

Last edited:
The Pats may not get a top free agent, but don't be suprised if they pick up three or four next tier free agents or target a RFA with a second round tender.

Ok, like who though? I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Ok, like who though? I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Thomas Jones? Darren Sproles? Antonio Bryant? Brian Westbrook? Larry Foote? Jason Taylor? Ryan Clark? Scott Fujita? Keith Bullock? Dwan Edwards? Darren Sharper? Kyle Vander Bosch? Rob Sims? Chris Chambers? Alge Crumpler? Whoever gets cut on Friday or after because teams couldn't cut before then because they didn't have the cap cap space to cut them before the calendar year (and there could be a lot especially on the teams looking to take advantage of no cap floor).

Seriously, the lack of talent in this year's free agent class is overrated. It isn't a great class because the best young guys became RFA with no cap, but there are going to be a lot of veterans still available who can make impact and a sizable one.

I'm pretty much in your camp ... I think there will be some activity for one receiver in FA and then a few later round spec WR in the draft. I think Kevin Walter would be a great fit on this team ... especially because he is also a good blocker. I'd rather see us spend our money on what we have because these guys are what we need and work well in the system.

I wouldn't say I'm anxious, I'm more curious than anything else. On one hand it's an uncapped year, which should drive up prices; then you have fewer free agents - which could drive up price due to lower supply, or drive down price due to lower quality - and then you have the possibility of a 2011 lockout, which could leave fewer teams bidding on the same player and make the Pats' chances of signing the free agents they desire better.

In other words, an equal number of positive and negative factors in a unique free agency this year.

I purposely scheduled friday as a travel day since I have a 10 hour drive that I needed to make sometime in the next few days - figured 10 hours would fly by listening to all the NFL news on Sirius - even if it's not Pats related it should be an interesting day.

I don't think the Pats will make a big splash, but I think they may sign Jason Taylor within the first couple of days - I don't think they'll let him string them along like he did last yearl - just make the offer and give him a couple of days to accept or reject.

It should be interesting to see who gets released on Friday too - I'm hoping they hang on to AD and release him sometime in August or early September.

I'll be very surprised if anybody on this forum is satisfied with the offseason moves

I can't wait for them to announce the signing of LdT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes