PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

anybody else happy the jets are not going to the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
there is still a chance, but its going to be rough.. i think miami beats them... but now they need a miracle to get in... i didnt want to see them.. its hard beating a team 3 times and feel they were the only threat for us going to the afc title game.. i think we can beat pitt at home and the combo of cincy , houston, tenn den or oakland does not scare us... we will should without out a shadow of a doubt be in the afc title game.. as long as light and mankins are healthy we should be hosting the afc title game...

merry christmas fellow pats fans

Jets beat Miami and they're pretty much in. Cinci won't beat Baltimore.

dude, the jets have the tiebreaker over cincy. what are you talking about?

there is still a chance, but its going to be rough.. i think miami beats them... but now they need a miracle to get in... i didnt want to see them.. its hard beating a team 3 times and feel they were the only threat for us going to the afc title game.. i think we can beat pitt at home and the combo of cincy , houston, tenn den or oakland does not scare us... we will should without out a shadow of a doubt be in the afc title game.. as long as light and mankins are healthy we should be hosting the afc title game...

merry christmas fellow pats fans

Just glad NE gets a week off : NYJ can do what they want.

No, not the case.

Tennessee gets in over the Jets with a win against Houston, which is also likely since Houston is locked into the 3rd seed and has little to play for.

He knows what he's talking about. Check again, there are other teams involved, not just Cincy. Tennessee is there too.

I think oakland, tenn and cincy all have to lose for jets to get in even if they win.

At least that's what I gather from yahoo's playoff scenario thing. There may be a combination of things that they get in, but i don't think so.

i mean do we really see tenessee losing to houstons bench (unless houston plays its starters..)

They need more help than that.
So right. They need a team first, a coach, a decent fan might help...., and some help from Jebus. But thats not happening. He was at the Pats game today. Arrived a little late, but what the heck? its his b-day man. Dude's gotta right to party some.ya know? ( heard tebow was pissed ) :eek:

Last edited:

Not true with Oakland winning today and Denver Losing.. In fact, Oakland and Denver both own the tie-breakers over the Jets in head to head. Jets will need Oakland, Denver and Cincy to all lose next weekend to make it in.

And don't say that Cincy won't beat Baltimore. You don't know that. People didn't think that KC could beat GB. and well, we know how that ended.

Could you explain how the Jets have the tiebreaker over the Bengals after the Bengals won today and the Jets lost?

EDIT:

1st Tie Breaker: Conference Record: Both are 6-5
2nd Tie Breaker: Games in Common (Min 4) : Right now, the Jets are 3-2 against common opponents and Cincy is 2-2. Cincy wins and it goes to #3.
3rd Tie Breaker: Strength of Victory.

Last edited:

Tell that too Jacksonville and Seattle, plus the last time they played Bengals, it was a really close game.

Re: here is jets exact playoff scenarios

Jets make playoffs if they win and: bengals and titans lose and either denver or raiders lose - jets go in.

If there is a tie at 9-7, bengals would be first out with 6-6 conference record, if 3 teams still tied after that, raiders go in with best strength of victory. If raiders or denver loses and only jets and titans tied after bengals eliminated because of 6-6 conference record, titans would get in over jets because of better record (4-1) against common opponents.

So again jets would need to win and have bengals and titans lose and either denver or raiders lose - jets go in.

Re: here is jets exact playoff scenarios

Jets make playoffs if they win and: bengals and titans lose and either denver or raiders lose - jets go in.

If there is a tie at 9-7, bengals would be first out with 6-6 conference record, if 3 teams still tied after that, raiders go in with best strength of victory. If raiders or denver loses and only jets and titans tied after bengals eliminated because of 6-6 conference record, titans would get in over jets because of better record (4-1) against common opponents.

So again jets would need to win and have bengals and titans lose and either denver or raiders lose - jets go in.

So, basically, the Jets need a lot of help to make it in..

It mostly depends on how Houston approaches their game. I can definitely see Cincy losing, and if Oakland doesn't lose they would need KC to beat Denver according to espn playoff machine. So they are still very much alive, knowing their luck. But that's all moot if Houston tanks their game, too bad it's not Indy in their position we all know the freebies they like to hand out.

I WILL be happy once its official!

Cinci won't beat Baltimore.

why not? they are playing the ravens at home and lost to them 31-24 last time. ravens are terrible on the road this year.

Last edited:
Not true with Oakland winning today and Denver Losing.. In fact, Oakland and Denver both own the tie-breakers over the Jets in head to head. Jets will need Oakland, Denver and Cincy to all lose next weekend to make it in.

And don't say that Cincy won't beat Baltimore. You don't know that. People didn't think that KC could beat GB. and well, we know how that ended.

Yup, you're right. I was so pleased with the second half of our game that I didn't realize just how bad things got for the Jets. I'm so used to them miracling their way out of every bad situation.

Could you explain how the Jets have the tiebreaker over the Bengals after the Bengals won today and the Jets lost?

EDIT:

1st Tie Breaker: Conference Record: Both are 6-5
2nd Tie Breaker: Games in Common (Min 4) : Right now, the Jets are 3-2 against common opponents and Cincy is 2-2. Cincy wins and it goes to #3.
3rd Tie Breaker: Strength of Victory.

Per Yahoo sports..
>>>8. New York Jets (8-7)
Lead the Titans for the No. 8 seed due to better strength of victory (47-71 vs. 45-75).
Next: at MIA (Jan. 1)>>>
But a Titans victory next week over the Texans ( a 10 win team) tips the equation heavily in Tenn's favor....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down