PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Any interest in a weekly post-game X's and O's thread?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Would you like a weekly post-game thread strictly for X and O's talk only?

• Total voters

PP2

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Anyone interested in a weekly post-game X's and O's thread? This thread would be strictly X's and O's talk, no criticizing (so and so sucked), no up and down, and no drama. There's the post-game thread for everything else.

Will start if there is overwhelming response/interest.

Hell yeah! I need it!

Sure. The people who contributed nothing outside of Chatham tweets to this thread in the past don’t come around anymore.

I am certain that would be interesting and informative reading

I always learn a lot from the people here with coaching/playing experience. I played in high school but a) that was a long time ago; b) we ran pretty basic run option football stuff that doesn't really translate to the NFL.

Sure. The people who contributed nothing outside of Chatham tweets to this thread in the past don’t come around anymore.
C'mon K, Chatham tries hard and I like some of the stuff he does. It's like all the x's and o's guys, a lot of what they do is subjective. It's up to us to look at the play and make our own interpretation of what we are seeing. You'd be amazed at all the times we'd be looking at film as a staff and spend 15 minutes on ONE play and have 3 guys all seeing different things out of the same play.

I always listen to how they use a play to make a point. Most of the time I agree because....there it is right in front of you. But sometimes you can see the possibility of another interpretation.

BTW- a RESOUNDING yes from me. Any time you offer me play clips (especially all 22's) you become my lifelong friend.

C'mon K, Chatham tries hard and I like some of the stuff he does. It's like all the x's and o's guys, a lot of what they do is subjective. It's up to us to look at the play and make our own interpretation of what we are seeing. You'd be amazed at all the times we'd be looking at film as a staff and spend 15 minutes on ONE play and have 3 guys all seeing different things out of the same play.

I always listen to how they use a play to make a point. Most of the time I agree because....there it is right in front of you. But sometimes you can see the possibility of another interpretation.

BTW- a RESOUNDING yes from me. Any time you offer me play clips (especially all 22's) you become my lifelong friend.
I don’t mind a difference in opinion when it comes to X’s and O’s, but Chatham is a **** who has been wrong about the state of the team, especially post-Brady, more times than I can count on 20 hands. I remember in 2019 and 2020, he used to mock the people who said we needed more from the skill positions then, when challenged, pulled an appeal to authority in which he made himself the authority. You’ll remember that one year later, Bill completely revamped the skill positions. The only thing he’s an authority on is smoking meats.

It’s not his breakdown of the film I disagree with. It’s how much of a **** he is even after being proven wrong.

id like it just to lurk and read the conversations between the posters who have big swinging sausages between their legs

i wouldnt have much to add in terms of X and Os

Bring it on - I know we've got folks here that can do this.

id like it just to lurk and read the conversations between the posters who have big swinging sausages between their legs

I’m Irish, so that rules me out.

Sounds interesting and I would definitely read, but sorry I won't be able to contribute. As much as I love and watch football, I don't read defenses.

This for me also.

Evan Lazar and Phil Perry tend to do something similar on Twitter which I love, so yes please.

Even those that never contribute to this would love to read it.

Their X's and O's tweets along with some others will be posted in the threads.
There is one particular play that I would love to see broken down by people in the know was in Mac's backshoulder pass to Boutte in the 3rd quarter with 14:00 minutes remaining on the clock. Seemed like a bad decision on 3rd down when it appeared he had two open crossers right in front of him, especially if he went with the one going to his right.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back