PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy has talked about money and respect. He got his guaranteed money and knows the Pats tried to trade a first round pick for him so he's got his respect.

I think this is going to work out just fine.

Tom Curren said Pittsburgh writers stated the reason Ben faked throwing the ball so much was because he didn't know where Brown was going. Brown did not run crisp routes. That makes me wonder if he will last to November.
Watch him run routes yourself, "scout".

Hint: He's one of the very best who have ever done it. All the Sour Grapes in the world can't change that.

I also think this is going to work out fine.

That doesn't mean that he won't go after the money for another top team, maybe PHI.

The guy has talked about money and respect. He got his guaranteed money and knows the Pats tried to trade a first round pick for him so he's got his respect.

I think this is going to work out just fine.

i can see it going more than a year easily, he orchestrated this on purpose, was def a wacky move, but i guess it worked out for him in the end

it will be culture shock, but one i think he will end up liking...of course it won't be w/ the same contract as he signed, he will have to restrcuture to stay

I'm confused. Before signing AB we were the SB favorite, and KC was the 2nd best team in the AFC.

Certainly, the patriots are still in the top 2 in the AFC.

Personally, I think BALT could give KC a run for the 2nd spot, and in a playoff game between #2 and #3. I was really impressed by them yesterday.

We have another OL injury and that "2 team race" comment will have a really short shelf life.

It's week ONE of a 17 week marathon, that DOESN'T include the playoffs. So much of this game relies on how healthy your team is during the grind. Nothing is guaranteed on that score, and no one is going to allow you to use it as an excuse.

Besides all we did was add an elite WR. How did that work for Cleveland? OBJ didn't move the needle a spec. Why, because the Titans beat the crap out of the Cleveland OL and DL. When that happens it doesn't matter who you have at WR.

We have another OL injury and that "2 team race" comment will have a really short shelf life.

It's week ONE of a 17 week marathon, that DOESN'T include the playoffs. So much of this game relies on how healthy your team is during the grind. Nothing is guaranteed on that score, and no one is going to allow you to use it as an excuse.

Besides all we did was add an elite WR. How did that work for Cleveland? OBJ didn't move the needle a spec. Why, because the Titans beat the crap out of the Cleveland OL and DL. When that happens it doesn't matter who you have at WR.
For a long time the skill positions were overrated. Running backs and WR's dominated the high draft boards. BB came along and started drafting linemen, o and d with his high picks and low and behold started winning. Didn't take long for the linemen to become highly valued and the skill positions to become undervalued. Which is how Harris ends up as low as he did in the draft. BB understands that these players are now undervalued and has started spending higher picks on them. You need both linemen and skilled players to win in the NFL, getting a top 2 or 3 wide receiver for short money while giving up no picks or players is a huge huge win. Don't get caught up in the hype, the Patriots became a much better team by adding Brown.

I could see this going either way. He’s an elite talent still in his prime. If he’s willing to take a little below his market value, he will stick around.

I expect him to get paid though and we’ll have only the 5th round comp pick to show for it. I’m going to enjoy this year and not worry about what happens next. In Bill I trust.

I highly doubt it.

Torn between one and done and not making it through this year.

I have more faith in Gordon making it through the season than AB.

This feels like a Revis 2.0 situation - the plan is clearly come to New England, re-assert your elite status, and then get an infinity +1 contract from somebody else with no hard feelings from anybody.

I don't even see it as a negative honestly. It's just a good deal for everybody.

RLKAG (probably 2)
(mosslost take note. This is how it's done, RLKAG should always be an option)

Looking at their schedule, what DB's are we going to facing in the regular season that have any chance of effectively covering AB in man coverage?

Xavien Howard of MIA? Even if he can, so what, we're going to kill them next week.

Denzel Ward, Cleveland? I dunno maybe.

I don't see any real shutdown CB's on any of the more competitive games coming up this year.
AB can’t be covered. Consistently.

Christ, I don't know if he'll make it more than one week! I hope he makes it 5 years, but, honestly, I think he's more day to day than Gordon. We'll see.

So, you believe that KC is an overwhelming favorite to beat BALT in the divisional round of the playoffs?

I think one of our posters said it best.

"I'd say that there are too many variables to be overly confident about either team's chances in that game, right now"
Well I see where Tommy would disagree with me, because it doesn't matter what I write, he will disagree with what I say. ;) However I'm surprised with your big red X.

I believe you missed my point by a mile, so let me try and explain. My point to DI was that IF we have another injury or two to the OL, it will be MORE than a 2 team race. Also If your OL isn't able to protect your 42 year old QB, it won't matter who you have at WR. All you have to do is look at the Cleveland game. OBJ was a non-factor in that game.

That's what I'm trying to explain about AB's addition. YES, it should help the offense. YES, it will make everyone else's job a bit easier. But the fact remains, adding great WR's to your offense isn't the immediate panacea that people think for reasons, we as Pats fans, should know more than most.

Good defenses can mitigate great WR's schematically. Haven't we seen Bill do that so often over the years? What's the phrase? "Bill will stop what you like to do most". Sometimes he'll do it by using 2 lesser players to cover your BEST player, or as he did Sunday and if he has someone good enough, take his best player to cover your best player and stifle everyone else. Your best player IS going have SOME success, but it will be hard going, and no one else will get squat...until garbage time.

My point is that great WR's are a LUXURY. Good OL play is a necessity. Thus my comment that if we have another OL injury or 2, when we face a good DL again, if our OL isn't playing well because of those injuries, it won't matter who is on the outside.

I don't know how you came up with the take that I thought KC was an overwhelming favorite to beat the Ravens 4 months into the future. I wasn't thinking about any other team when I made that comment. I just know that OUR offense is predicated on good OL play more than good WR play. I hope that explains it better.

Reactions: PP2
Well I see where Tommy would disagree with me, because it doesn't matter what I write, he will disagree with what I say. ;) However I'm surprised with your big red X.

I believe you missed my point by a mile, so let me try and explain. My point to DI was that IF we have another injury or two to the OL, it will be MORE than a 2 team race. Also If your OL isn't able to protect your 42 year old QB, it won't matter who you have at WR. All you have to do is look at the Cleveland game. OBJ was a non-factor in that game.

That's what I'm trying to explain about AB's addition. YES, it should help the offense. YES, it will make everyone else's job a bit easier. But the fact remains, adding great WR's to your offense isn't the immediate panacea that people think for reasons, we as Pats fans, should know more than most.

Good defenses can mitigate great WR's schematically. Haven't we seen Bill do that so often over the years? What's the phrase? "Bill will stop what you like to do most". Sometimes he'll do it by using 2 lesser players to cover your BEST player, or as he did Sunday and if he has someone good enough, take his best player to cover your best player and stifle everyone else. Your best player IS going have SOME success, but it will be hard going, and no one else will get squat...until garbage time.

My point is that great WR's are a LUXURY. Good OL play is a necessity. Thus my comment that if we have another OL injury or 2, when we face a good DL again, if our OL isn't playing well because of those injuries, it won't matter who is on the outside.

I don't know how you came up with the take that I thought KC was an overwhelming favorite to beat the Ravens 4 months into the future. I wasn't thinking about any other team when I made that comment. I just know that OUR offense is predicated on good OL play more than good WR play. I hope that explains it better.

You can mitigate A great WR schematically. If you have a great CB you can maybe mitigate 2 great WR schematically.

But how do you deal with 3 great WRs schematically? That is why BB got AB.

You can mitigate A great WR schematically. If you have a great CB you can maybe mitigate 2 great WR schematically.

But how do you deal with 3 great WRs schematically? That is why BB got AB.

Get to the QB before they can get open?

IMO, this is most likely a one year rental and that he is on the Roster all season (and post season). His market value goes up if he shows that he can adapt to "the Patriot Way." If things work well all around, he could be around longer.

Does he possess Ca...

Ah screw it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill