PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lmao we have a pretty decent team, he was a privilege not a necessity like he was in Pitt and Oak.

Why be decent when we can be.............

h7AvSy8.gif

Yes please

Would be extremely welcome news. We’d just have to survive the outrage from the morality police who think all NFL players are perfect citizens
F*ck em’

Regardless of perceived merits, arbitrators in labor grievances rarely feel comfortable making decisions that radically alter the interpretation of a CBA. Brown should feel very good about his chances because a finding for the league would blow a hole in the collectively bargained concept of guaranteed money as currently understood. A ruling for Brown is just a sort of one-off, idiosyncratic ruling about money that hews to precedent, while a ruling for the league is putting your thumb on the scale of a CBA and then pushing down hard in management's favor.

It's exceedingly unlikely any arbitrator's going to do that, especially when they come off a list that both the union and management had to sign off on.

The arbitrator has a simple and legally very sound out that has no adverse impact on anyone but Brown and doesn't go near any 3rd rails of the guarantee provisions in the CBA. Simply that AB bargained/negotiated in bad faith by failing to disclose to New England a materially adverse condition that was known by him to exist.

Lmao we have a pretty decent team, he was a privilege not a necessity like he was in Pitt and Oak.

Whoa back the poor choice of words bus right the hell up. Having AB here was a luxury, it was most assuredly not a 'privilege' for anyone but him

I want him to come back now in the worst way possible just because it would be so freaking insane.

Dorsett's out for the game tomorrow.

Call AB quick!

The arbitrator has a simple and legally very sound out that has no adverse impact on anyone but Brown and doesn't go near any 3rd rails of the guarantee provisions in the CBA. Simply that AB bargained/negotiated in bad faith by failing to disclose to New England a materially adverse condition that was known by him to exist.

We don't know if he failed to disclose this.

We also don't know if he could have disclosed this if they were in confidential settlement talks. Remember she first asked for $10m and then was willing to settle for $2m and then filed the bogus civil suit when he refused the shakedown.

There has been no news on the $9 million grievance, but he is hardly "demented" to think he has a strong claim to that money.
It depends oon the language of the contract.
And I highly doubt BB or RK would allow such language, being his history.

But of course, my opinion , your opinion and the talking heads, have no grasp on the details .

So it's purely conjecture at this point.
IMHO

But my opinion is, he'll get some, not all.

Early Bird Bob won’t walk back his mistake. He’s too busy having his attorneys threaten and intimidate the police department to beat the rap despite being guilty as sin. No inclination to deal with the guy who made vaguely threatening statements that don’t even reach the bar of a criminal charge, including a snarky comment about a public Instagram photo.

Different strokes for different folks though. Keep looking after the 31! At least we are certain why the Patriots have been sht on for years by the league office, and it has everything to do with a spineless, easily manipulated massage parlor patron.

He did sign with Mankins after he asked Mankins to apologize before the contract was signed.

Ok maybe that's no a good example, since Mankins said FU and walked away and then signed the contract without apologizing and Kraft made up a story about Mankins giving him a private phone call to apologize.

But of course, my opinion , your opinion and the talking heads, have no grasp on the details .

IMHO

There have been various news reports that upon examination of his contract language, consensus legal opinion points to him getting fully paid by the Patriots.

The Pats were only cutting him on the eve of the $5m payment since they hoped to not have to pay the contract but apparently they do.

It also depends on the language of the CBA because the CBA overrules any clause in a contract that doesn't conform to the CBA.

We actually have a full grasp on the details of the CBA.
IMHO

I don't see how he gets "some" unless each side agrees to a compromise. I don't see how an arbitrator would say he is only entitled to "some".

I don't care how many handy J's it takes Mr. Kraft, I have plenty of lube and the forearm muscles to provide infinite endings of any magnitude you desire. Make this happen!!!!

I want him to come back now in the worst way possible just because it would be so freaking insane.
That's where I'm at. I don't necessarily want to deal with the drama again, though I would assume he wouldn't return to the team unless Bill was pretty certain that the personal issues were fully or mostly resolved. But, the pure craziness of such a situation actually happening is too interesting. Oh, and he would be damn good on the field too.

The texting was the inciting incident, but there are a lot of reasons why Brown was cut, namely a potential suspension, image for the team, or perhaps a general sense that they can't trust him to behave. Those risks (that resulted in the cut) still very much exist, and they don't suddenly become worth it (in the eyes of the Patriots) because they're still on the hook for the money. If they thought Brown was a negative influence on the team in any way, so they cut him, having to still pay the money doesn't suddenly make him a positive influence. So again, the options are A) lose the money AND incur the negative impact, or B) lose the money and avoid the negative impact. The money cost is sunk, and shouldn't now factor into whether or not they want him back on the team.

Or Option C) lose the money and incur a positive impact. Are you forgetting he’s a damn good WR that we can use and the media furor is petering out already.

That's where I'm at. I don't necessarily want to deal with the drama again, though I would assume he wouldn't return to the team unless Bill was pretty certain that the personal issues were fully or mostly resolved. But, the pure craziness of such a situation actually happening is too interesting. Oh, and he would be damn good on the field too.
Despite respecting his ownership and historic lack of meddling in football issues, I've had enough of Robert Kraft and wish ownership would transition to Jonathan sooner than later. If BB could suffer the off-field distractions and it didn't affect the team...

Also, the die down in AB reporting post-release tells you everything about the intention.

I think his team has him seeing a therapist and probably in about one more month, he will go a TV show and pour his heart out, give a tear jecker take. At that point, America will soften up to him a bit. I can see him coming back after the bye week. He is crazy, bad human being, but a bloody good football player.

Last edited:
Just when i was afraid that i wouldnt see another AB thread.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3