PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he settles his legal issues out of court or is found innocent, bringing him back is not the worst thing in the world?

Don’t eat the Tide pods!!!! Have you seen the guy’s HISTORY???????

If he settles his legal issues out of court or is found innocent, bringing him back is not the worst thing in the world?

Too late at this point. Kraft should have suspended him.

Brady IRL: “I don’t make personnel decisions. That’s not my job.”

Obviously BB will need to be on board.

From what's reported he'd be fine.

You have to give credit to Mr. Big Chest for stating the best and most rational reason for the Patriots to bring him back.

Now, he just needs to settle with his accuser and pay the artist lady for the work she did for him. Then, the Patriots should tell him to show up at 6am Monday morning and #84 will be waiting for him.

Can’t bring him back. Kraft got his pee pee tugged on by some old woman bearing the resemblance of a trout during the offseason and this situation would just shine even more light on that. The old man has to get clear of that first.

I don't think it is batshit crazy from AB's perspective. He might actually lose the arbitration. He is (hypothetically) only surrendering his right to appeal under the condition that he gets the same amount of money under a new deal.

As for DeMaurice Smith, he has even less power in the NFL than the NBA does in China, so he will do as he is told and like it.

This idea is a lose-lose for everyone involved and makes zero sense. The Patriots also cannot afford it, and you seem to have no idea how representation in union grievances work. Nice, the trifecta!

Obviously BB will need to be on board.

From what's reported he'd be fine.

No eat! No eat!! They are Tide pods!! Not food!!!

But what if AB were to say "I violated the teams of the guarantee and I forfeit all rights to that money"...? I mean, if the Patriots were to win the arbitration hearing, wouldn't they get a credit for that cap money?
Even if they do, not until next year.

This idea is a lose-lose for everyone involved......

Except for the AB trolls who aren’t here posting about Pats games but only show up to aid AB in his campaign to distract.

They should help him the near future when he is living under a highway bridge.

But he could sign with no guarantee and have the same deal.

They just agree to write the check.

No eat Tide pods!!!!

Hey have you ever posted about Patriots football?

But he could sign with no guarantee and have the same deal.

Right, the more plausible scenario in a fantasyland where the Patriots bring back Brown is that the Patriots capitulate on the grievance and then sign him to the same salary he was being paid on the previous contract, and in the end the money and cap hit is the same. The opposite scenario that XLIX is describing, in which Brown capitulates, makes zero sense because it results in the Patriots taking the cap hit twice (which they cannot afford).

None of this is happening, by the by, so we're all just pissing in the breeze until there's some actual football to watch.

This idea is a lose-lose for everyone involved and makes zero sense. The Patriots also cannot afford it, and you seem to have no idea how representation in union grievances work. Nice, the trifecta!
Whether or not this is lose-lose is merely your uninformed opinion but tell me, what is it that "I have no idea about" regarding union grievances? I sure as hell know this: Any grievance can be dropped if both parties find an acceptable alternative. It happens all the time.

Whether or not this is lose-lose is merely your uninformed opinion but tell me, what is it that "I have no idea about" regarding union grievances? I sure as hell know this: Any grievance can be dropped if both parties find an acceptable alternative. It happens all the time.

No, it's literally lose-lose in anyone's opinion who understands how the salary cap works. In the scenario you describe, the Patriots would take the cap hit of $5m from Brown's first contract (it cannot be credited until next league year even if forfeited) and then would take another cap hit of $5m from Brown's second contract. It makes zero sense and they can't afford it, while Brown gets nothing out of this other than the opportunity to play football and the union gets nothing other than a failed grievance. The scenario you are looking for requires the Patriots to capitulate and pay Brown his signing bonus from the original contract, and then sign him to a new contract without guarantees.

As for the union grievance part, the union is Brown's sole representative in this grievance process. The union doesn't jump when Brown tells it to jump. If they were to settle under the terms that Brown returned to the Patriots... well, lol it ain't happening.

Last edited:
Minute Pats would sign him, a second later goodell* would put him on exempt list indefinitely.

zBadelle.png

I don't think it is batshit crazy from AB's perspective. He might actually lose the arbitration. He is (hypothetically) only surrendering his right to appeal under the condition that he gets the same amount of money under a new deal.

As for DeMaurice Smith, he has even less power in the NFL than the NBA does in China, so he will do as he is told and like it.

He is owed ~$9m. He has a contract. To rip it up making it null and void and take a lesser deal without the grievance resolved is nonsensical.

No, it's literally lose-lose in anyone's opinion who understands how the salary cap works. In the scenario you describe, the Patriots would take the cap hit of $5m from Brown's first contract (it cannot be credited until next league year even if forfeited) and then would take another cap hit of $5m from Brown's second contract. It makes zero sense and they can't afford it. The scenario you are looking for requires the Patriots to capitulate and pay Brown his signing bonus from the original contract, and then sign him to a new contract without guarantees.
I don't think you know what the phrase "lose-lose" means. That phrase means both sides lose. So how does AB lose if my scenario came to play? He gets his $9 million (which right now he may get or he may not), he gets his salary, and he gets to play. Yeah the Patriots salary cap takes a short term hit. Whether or not they could figure out a way to afford, I have faith they can.

Furthermore, I was just brainstorming what could theoretically happen. I never once said it would be the smart thing from NE's perspective, nor do I believe it has a rat's chance in hell of actually happening.
As for the union grievance part, the union is Brown's sole representative in this grievance process. If he tells them to do something they don't want to do, they can literally just drop the grievance.
The Union has a fiduciary obligation to act in his best interest. They can't just arbitrarily cut him loose and drop the grievance with millions at stake. They can, however, drop the grievance if a resolution is found.

Also, in most situations like this, the aggrieved party can hire his own counsel if he so chooses, and I highly suspect the same applies here (I am not saying AB will hire his own counsel, I'm just saying I have little doubt he would be allowed to if he so chose).

He is owed ~$9m. He has a contract. To rip it up making it null and void and take a lesser deal without the grievance resolved is nonsensical.
I never said to do it for a lesser deal. I said it would make sense from AB's perspective to agree to drop the grievance in exchange for a new deal with the same bonus.

(I am not saying the Patriots would ever do such a thing in a million years, I am just saying that from AB's perspective, it would be a wise move)

Makeup sex can be good....for a while

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe