PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pittsburgh's season is never on the line, because no one ever gets fired. The Process is The Process.

Pitt’s season was in the line at Cincy last season, and Brown walked away from the team.

These are new articles but you’re right that they are basing it on the original one.
So it's not 'More Leaks from the Brady Camp' then, is it?

Pitt’s season was in the line at Cincy last season, and Brown walked away from the team.
They could have won that game with their practice squad. Brown's absence was not really a determining factor.

You say 'season on the line', I say their season is never truly on the line, because if they miss the playoffs, oh well. Nobody cares. Fans don't care, ownership doesn't care, coaching staff and players don't care.

You're thinking like a Patriots fan. You know. **** matters to you.

They have cause to release him after threatening the second woman.

That year was classic. The beginning of the 21 game streak. The confirmation that 2001 was not a run of the mill fluke. And yes, just as you noted, the delicious symmetry that of a perfect mirror-like turn of the tables 31-0 against the Bills on the last day of the season. I think Beldsoe had them driving at the end of the game when they were down 31-0 and I was PRAYING for someone to stop the drive and keep the score as is. I believe he was picked off in the end zone by somebody unexpected (maybe Troy Brown??). I've rarely been happier for a game that meant nothing.

It's almost weird how that went.

It was Izzo who picked off the Bills QB...don't believe it was Bledsoe...he had already been benched earlier....

Yup, great season...winning that 2nd SB was sweet....like you said a validation of our success.

Guaranteeing $9M to AB was an uncharacteristically stupid move, so it'll suck if he ends up costing that much against the cap, but I guess I'd file it under "play stupid games, win stupid prizes".

It was an under market contract and a smart one. The stupid part was Kraft blowing his load over some media furor and completely overreacting.

It's difficult to gauge Michel's unique contribution to the Super Bowl win. Sure he played well in the playoffs but there's no reason to believe replacing him with, say, Kerryon Johnson would have resulted in a different outcome.

I'm pretty firmly against a 1st round running back. I think Michel's perfectly fine but, considering the opportunity cost, the choice was a miss.
Michel was the Playoffs MVP, and was in the conversation for Super Bowl MVP.

But, you know, Lamar Jackson, what a playoff run he had. Kerryon Johnson too - what a clutch postseason competitor.

I guess I'm confused.

The article says once a signing bonus has been agreed to then the team must pay the bonus.

But his contract w/ the NEP has language in which if he is found to be in violation of the team and NFL conduct policies, then they don't to/recoup the bonus.

They have cause to release him after threatening the second woman.
The problem is that it’s not a clear cut threat. Someone else will have to decide if sending a picture of her and her kids to his friends implying she’s broke is a threat.

I guarantee the first thing Kraft did before releasing Brown was consult his legal team to see if he’d have to pay Brown the $9 million. They probably told him no. Someone will get fired if Brown gets awarded the money.

Last week I thought the Patriots would win the grievance but now I am not so sure. Seems to me that AB has the stronger case although I could definitely see this decision going either way. It boggles my mind how badly NE dropped the ball with this whole fiasco.

It’s too late. Bob could have just kept him on the Exempt List with no risk, no use of roster spot, but he ejaculated prematurely again. That’s why the Exempt List actually exists...to determine if an infraction was committed and if so, how long the suspension is for. But an audio recording could come out tomorrow of both women admitting they’re lying, and we are sht out of luck. Absolutely senseless and stupid decision by Bobby. He just couldn’t handle the idea of people asking him questions about it.
Brady needs to press Kraft 1 on 1. Remind Kraft once more that "I'm the best damn thing to ever happen to this organization" and hint at signing elsewhere in 2021 as an empty threat.

Last week I thought the Patriots would win the grievance but now I am not so sure. Seems to me that AB has the stronger case. It boggles my mind how badly NE dropped the ball with this whole fiasco.

Thank Kraft. We released and have to take on the dead cap. What a damn joke.

Thank Kraft. We released and have to take on the dead cap. What a damn joke.
Kraft will lose. Raiders may lose too.

That’s the real joke.

They could have won that game with their practice squad. Brown's absence was not really a determining factor.

You say 'season on the line', I say their season is never truly on the line, because if they miss the playoffs, oh well. Nobody cares. Fans don't care, ownership doesn't care, coaching staff and players don't care.

That’s irrelevant, what matters is that he walked out on his team with the season at stake:

This is incoherent.

Last edited:
Dropping him no matter how you look at it imo was dumb. More to gain keeping him than lose long term. Money’s going to have to be paid anyway, and from his interviews and everything he was falling in line. Didnt complain when he didnt get his number, played what I believe was less than 50% of the snaps at Miami with no issue.

It's what Kraft deserves. There was no good reason to cut him. Kraft is just a stupid old man now. Dating 20 year olds, getting arrested and thinking he's making a moral statement cutting Brown.

Kraft may have been a great business man in the past but he's a blundering old fool now.

This is incoherent.
It's perfectly coherent. You just are thinking like a Patriots fan.

For the Steelers, there is no urgency, there is nothing 'at stake'. Sure, there was a chance to make the playoffs, but they needed help to do so, and they beat the Bengals without Brown, because the Bengals are terrible.

You hold it as some sort of indictment. Steelers fans and more importantly, the Steelers organization doesn't feel that way. There was nothing at stake. Missed the playoffs? Oh well. There's no accountability, no consequences for behavior or performance. There's only The Process is The Process.

You think it's horrible because your standard requires your players to give a ****, and place importance on games later in the year. The Steelers don't do that. That's why it was allowed to happen as it did.

Yes, because nothing would have happened with AB after the texting incident. He was a lock to keep his mouth shut, stay out of trouble and not embarrass the team even more.
Yeah if he was on the roster he would. Guy owes nothing to no one now.

The softies who are so worried about him talking crack me up. If Belichick doesn’t care, why should you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents