PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never would have gotten a full season out of Brown. If it wasn’t this, he’d have done something that even BB wouldn’t have accepted before the season was over. Dude has a proven track record of craziness. And don’t forget that in his 11 days with NE he had already made several social media posts that were quickly deleted, so he was clearly having trouble following the rules.

It was just a matter of time and I’d rather have it be now when the team has plenty of time to adjust than later in the season.

Exactly. Him pulling schit in December/January would have been far worse.

There's no denying that AB is/was cray-cray. But BB was willing to deal with some distractions to have him on the team. Kraft was not. That's the bottom line. Kraft went over BB's head and forced AB off the team, got him cut.

The owner went over an employee's head? How does that work?

Give them a break, A lot of the kids on this board haven't gotten their first job yet.

Well no considering “Bendover Bob” stemmed specifically from his handling, or lack there of, of Deflategate.
I'm in hind site thankful for the deflategate scandal as it turned the Pats back into a Lombardi machine.

Give them a break, A lot of the kids on this board haven't gotten their first job yet.

But you just wait, once Mom gets them out of the basement there'll be no stopping them.

Pats are the reigning champs, had a great draft/off-season, are scoring 35 points/game, are giving up SIX points/game ... but are suddenly in trouble because they cut a guy who played one game.

Never change, PatsFans.

Who said the Pats were in trouble?

I'm in hind site thankful for the deflategate scandal as it turned the Pats back into a Lombardi machine.

Exactly!

Ya gotta laugh sometimes at the Japanese soldiers on this website who are still fighting WWII from their deserted island..

In 4 years and 16 days since Deflategate started, the Pats won 3 of the 4 SB's they' ve been in.

"Oh the horror".

Last edited:

I'm inclined to think there were many contributing factors but we certainly can't discount the tremendous value a highly motivated and rightfully pissed off Tom F Brady brings to the table. The continuing FU tour has been a thing of beauty and a joy for the ages to be sure.

I think ultimately we'll be fine without Brown, but an injury to Edelman or if Gordon has a relapse it will be trouble. I would have kept Brown as insurance. Kraft, being a soft hearted guy, probably felt really sorry for the woman who got the texts. Typical of someone who thinks with their heart and not their brain.

Kraft is NOTHING without Brady or Belichick. When he bought the team, he had a capable guy in charge and ran him out of town. When he did things his own way, it was disaster for the next few years until Bill came along. The franchise IS Brady and Belichick, not Robert Kraft. Football is a unique business where you have owners, most of them who have never played a snap of football in their lives, running the team. Therefore, they should stay out of football operations unless it's a unique circumstance.

I think ultimately we'll be fine without Brown, but an injury to Edelman or if Gordon has a relapse it will be trouble. I would have kept Brown as insurance. Kraft, being a soft hearted guy, probably felt really sorry for the woman who got the texts. Typical of someone who thinks with their heart and not their brain.

Except I don't blame Kraft for cutting him loose. He was probably given a one strike and you're out type deal. And there's a very good chance this guy would've done something to get suspended by the time the schedule really gets tough.

Brady need not complain about the receivers at his disposal. No team is loaded at every position. You work with what you have. Edelman and Gordon are darn good players. Meyers could help out too I think.

Exactly!

Ya gotta laugh sometimes at the Japanese soldiers on this website who are still fighting WWII from their deserted island..

In 4 years and 16 days since Deflategate started, the Pats won 3 of the 4 SB's they' ve been in.

"Oh the horror".

In fact, if the Patriots start losing, maybe they should deflate footballs again and tip off the league to it!

Ummmm.....he's worth $4+ billion.

Antonio Brown texted his way out of $39 million in the past 3 weeks.

You may want to rethink that heart/brain thing.

It is what it is.

And yet again, I ask the question. How many accusations have been leveled against AB since he was released? Is that crickets I hear? Wait....nope still crickets.

Why is that?

And yet again, I ask the question. How many accusations have been leveled against AB since he was released? Is that crickets I hear? Wait....nope still crickets.

Why is that?
it was an agenda against NE

Ummmm.....he's worth $4+ billion.

Antonio Brown texted his way out of $39 million in the past 3 weeks.

It is what it is.

He's worth 4 billion because of Tom and Bill. If the Pats didn't win a single super bowl over the past 20 years the franchise would be worth much less. But yeah, continue to worship Mr. Spa...

You don't cut someone for dumb texts. If Kraft had bothered to read the texts, he would see there was nothing threatening about them.

You think they’ll only go 8-5 from here on out?

As a half full type guy, I prefer to look at it as winning 8 of the next 13 games.

Losses I have are: @Texans @ Philly @Bills. Vs Chiefs & Browns.

11-5 record in the NFL is still pretty good. And I'm not eliminating the possibility of a 13-3 or 12-4 record. But I am basing this on the injuries to Devlin, Edelman, Harry, and Andrews.

Except I don't blame Kraft for cutting him loose. He was probably given a one strike and you're out type deal. And there's a very good chance this guy would've done something to get suspended by the time the schedule really gets tough.

Brady need not complain about the receivers at his disposal. No team is loaded at every position. You work with what you have. Edelman and Gordon are darn good players. Meyers could help out too I think.

If he was given a one strike deal, then Bill should cut him, not Kraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST