PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Common sense. If he shuts his mouth, this thing goes away.
Someone leaked his private text messages leading to hyperbolic headlines and slanted reporting.

Let's not act like he lashed out on social media or in an interview.

I remember the Dorsett 1K yards thread a couple of years ago after the first game. That’s more realistic with Gordon being doubled without Gronk this year. I don’t think it’ll happen at all, but he has looked good even when AB was here.

The team made the right decision here. More and more stuff is going to pop up with this guy. Going to the exempt list was inevitable.

On the field, they will suffer without him. Hopefully the defense carries the load like 03 & 04.

I cant wait to see Midway but mostly because I love history, WW2, and especially the Battle of Midway.

@Tunescribe hates the CGI but I think it looks pretty good, the cast looks amazing, and there are no fake fictional character like Pearl Harbor had. Everyone plays a real life hero.

I cant wait for this one.
You know what WWII battle needs a good modern movie treatment? The sinking of the Bismarck -- history's last great naval battle. The 1960 film was pretty good but I'd love to see someone like Spielberg do an epic remake.

What an absolute monstrosity of a signing... a complete and utter failure of management

Total waste of cap space, money that could have been used to bring in a solid veteran LT/RT

/puke

Never hated being so right about a player

What an absolute monstrosity of a signing... a complete and utter failure of management

Total waste of cap space, money that could have been used to bring in a solid veteran LT/RT

/puke

Never hated being so right about a player

I mean he was only paid like 2 weeks worth so like 125K...he's not seeing any of that 9 mill..

How would you possibly know this? Are you his lawyer? Are you privy to the court documents?

The only way to know that obviously is by waiting for the result of the legal battle. Brown is, after all, planning on countersuing for extortion and has evidence of his own. My impression is based on the publicly known evidence. He likely plays the whole season without that stupid text.

Someone leaked his private text messages leading to hyperbolic headlines and slanted reporting.

Let's not act like he lashed out on social media or in an interview.

He contacted a woman who accused him and his lawyer told him not to contact her. How are you defending this complete and utter ****ing moron? Again, I was for keeping him but he’s so ****ing dumb and shows a pattern of self destruction. He wasn’t worth the distraction. BB knows. Also, let’s not act like he doesn’t have a history of lashing out on social media. He already deleted **** from his instagram within 5 minutes of posting it.

You know what WWII battle needs a good modern movie treatment? The sinking of the Bismarck -- history's last great naval battle. The 1960 film was pretty good but I'd love to see someone like Spielberg do an epic remake.
That would be awesome. But the Battle of Midway is considered the single greatest naval battle in all of human history.

I just want to outlive the Brady Belichick era. That is my only request at this point. My best friend and neighbor, who was the biggest Pats fan ever dropped at 62 soon after SB 51 and some times I find it sad to think he missed the remainder of this era, which has been two more SB appearances, 1 more win and counting.

Shocking to think how long it has lasted.

The next eras is just entertainment and gravy to me

EDIT: I will make it of course

My Dad was 92 when he passed in Aug 2016, he watched a preseason game a couple of days before he passed. He was excited for the season. I had been joking with him for years that he should live long enough to see Brady retire. But after years of misery, the last 15 years of the Patriots were a lot of fun.

Predictable column by Breer. Wondering — does anyone have a link to the similar column he wrote when the Raiders cut Brown?

Breer's article makes me want to punch someone. Did the Pats make a mistake? Probably but lets look at what happened. The Pats took a CHANCE on getting a HOF talent for little more than Kraft's money, Salary cap space and possibly bad publicity.
It didn't work out, so they cut him. Now they still get the bad publicity but the amount of Kraft's money and cap space are still to be determined. Hopefully the guarantee language in the contract mitigate the costs assessed to the Pats. If it doesn't, I still think it was worth the shot. Risk vs astronomical reward. I would do it every day. Best case he worked out. Next best case they get a large majority of the money back and with it, the cap space. Worst case, BK is out some cash, we are tight on the cap and are still the odds on favorite to go all the way. Either way, I am glad the front office gave it a shot. As far as the bad publicity, tools like F&M, Bogus, CHB, Breer and the rest are going to be tools no matter what you do. I am glad BB and company are willing to take shots like this.

My Dad was 92 when he passed in Aug 2016, he watched a preseason game a couple of days before he passed. He was excited for the season. I had been joking with him for years that he should live long enough to see Brady retire. But after years of misery, the last 15 years of the Patriots were a lot of fun.
My dad passed at 78 this summer. Same, he was looking forward to the season. I am sorry for your loss.

That would be awesome. But the Battle of Midway is considered the single greatest naval battle in all of human history.
Midway was all planes vs. ships, Bismarck was ships duking it out.

Probably because that defense just couldn't stop Mahomes in the 2nd half. We got to OT because of Dee Ford's offside penalty. Stupid mistake cost them the chance to advance. Lucky for us, we were able to capitalize on the mistake in OT.

....and, of course, the Patriots made no moves to improve that Defense in the offseason......

I'm talking about 2019.

Its up there....

Leyte Gulf is #1 for me. Bull Halsey almost **** ed it up.

Relieved it’s over is what comes to mind right now. Like many, found some of the allegations outlandish considering the timing and no criminal charges. However, I wasn’t going to sit there and pretend nothing happened either so was ok with letting the civil case play out and see what happens.

After further review this guy is about dumb as a person can be with those texts. I think he has developed some kind of mental handicap over the years. Even if those women were lying he should have surrounded himself with lawyers to combat every one of them from the start. But no, let’s act like 13 year old on social media and throw insults back and forth.

Would of liked to have seen him playing football for the Patriots and doing something special here but enough is enough. Good riddance and screw the media too. The Patriots don’t owe them anything with who they hire and who they fire. Good job Bill for pissing them off, hope it burns them deep to their core.

Hoping this board can get back to football now, it was getting a little tiring of people championing Antonio Brown’s innocence like they were his lawyer or something.

The players that are there now seem like good guys and that’s the team we should be cheering for #7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down