PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure in the coming weeks we'll find out that the league is suspending Antonio Brown...BB probably anticipated that and decided to move on.

Anyone understand the parameters around recouping the $9 million? Could use it on another offensive weapon (OT, TE) before the trade deadline.
They didn't pay him the nine million.

There was specific language about 'harming the Patriots brand' in the contract. This guy's wrong.
Hmm seems fairly subjective but it should play for us...

No suspension not on the exempt list let's just release a top 3 Wr we pretty much stole while the media feeling like they accomplished something, if he would of went to any other team I doubt the drama would of as overblown due to he him being a Patriot we played right into the enemy's hand, if we don't win the SB the blame will be solely on this move and looking at a why BB bench butler pt 2 with why BB released AB especially if he winds up on a team the wins a SB or beats us in route.

I think the NFL and Patriots were talking today. I think the league let the Patriots know they are putting him on the exempt list which would mean he gets paid by the Patriots while having to sit. The Patriots took the heads up and said bye bye Punk. I would not worry who gets him at this time I think he is going to have to sit. I think he needs that personally. He is unraveled.
Edit. I believe the Patriots cut him after 4pm on a Friday. So no team can sign him till Monday. That gives the NFL 2 days to dot their I’s and cross their T’s and make sure he gets put on the list

Last edited:
  • With AB's release (something that seemed as inevitable as a train wreck), the release of Demaryius Thomas seems even more premature than it was before. We will see him this weekend to gauge what having him on our roster might have been like.
He's currently injured.

If he goes to the Chiefs dumbest move ever, if he's not being suspended or put on the exempt list what a bone headed call I am beyond pissed what a mornic call we stole having Brown makes me not wanna watch any games until post season what a ******** move.

I agree but, I doubt any of that happens. Belichick probably did this because he knows what's coming. Or strongly suspects anyways.

No suspension not on the exempt list let's just release a top 3 Wr we pretty much stole while the media feeling like they accomplished something, if he would of went to any other team I doubt the drama would of as overblown due to he him being a Patriot we played right into the enemy's hand, if we don't win the SB the blame will be solely on this move and looking at a why BB bench butler pt 2 with why BB released AB especially if he winds up on a team the wins a SB or beats us in route.

Brown texted his accuser Wednesday night and lost any benefit of the doubt at that point. He did this to himself.

So how do we get our money back?

This would be a good time for you to take a break

They might have found out something is coming down the line on him.
I totally concur. My opinion is that someone in the NFL front office gave BB a head's up that AB was going to be placed on the exemption list as a result of the firestorm over 'the text'. Which, if AB remained, not only would he have collected the $5M due him on Monday, 9/23, but he would also end up collecting his contractual salary until the exemption was lifted while not practicing or playing in a single game.

Realistically, Belichick had no choice but to release him. "Whatever's best for the team".

The handwringing about Demaryius Thomas is a little odd. I mean, I get it, but at best he'd be the team's fourth receiver until Harry comes back.

One man's humble opinion....

I think when these troubled guys come to NE, they get amnesty for the stuff they did before arriving - BUT they better shape up while they're here. So the rape lawsuit, while AB was here when it was filed, involved activity from years ago. These texts, however, happened Wednesday. So after being read the riot act when he arrived, he still sent those texts. So that gets him cut.

There was specific language about 'harming the Patriots brand' in the contract. This guy's wrong.

Exactly. It was extremely open ended in the Patriots favor as well.

So how do we get our money back?

His contract had a huge "you get nothing if you make us look bad in any way" clause in it.

If you don't think there was a media agenda, explain to me why that douchebag Peter King is congratulating Klemko minutes after the Pats cut Brown.

And the dumm@55 could have just stayed off social media, and stop giving them ammo.

He is a total nut job.
Such a shame for the waste of talent.

I was really looking forward to watching him catch from Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey