PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Rosenhaus is nearing a breaking point with AB's nonsense.

"Witness tampering" requires her to be the witness in a criminal case! He's not going after her for money so extortion doesn't fit. Things can be wrong but also not crimes. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

It actually doesn't require a criminal case. Lol.

When you're a party to a criminal or civil trial, you're generally prohibited from directly communicating with any witness, informant, or victim. These rules are in place to protect those who are testifying from harassment or threats, as well as to encourage the free flow of information in court.

Witness Tampering - FindLaw

Since the NFL is currently investigation this civil case, and she's been brought in to give testimony about it, she's a witness to the civil case.

I am in no way defending him but are they sure these are real texts he sent? I just can't imagine anyone being that stupid, while being investigated, every media outlet following his every move, would send out any message to one of these women. If it is indeed a real text from him he definitely has a few screws loose.

It's ridiculous that anyone thinks those private text messages are controversial or newsworthy.

Maybe if he had posted those pictures of her kids PUBLICLY (like on Twitter) that would definitely be crossing the line. But privately? This is a non-story.

You are being too logical. Public perception is not logical and the NFL cares about perception. It would have been difficult for them to suspend him based on the he said/she said civil suit. But now that he is contacting an accuser while the league is investigating the matter and it can be construed that it is harassment certainly opens the door for them to suspend him. I think there is now a strong possibility they will do so. I didn’t think so before.

I am in no way defending him but are they sure these are real texts he sent? I just can't imagine anyone being that stupid, while being investigated, every media outlet following his every move, would send out any message to one of these women. If it is indeed a real text from him he definitely has a few screws loose.
I submit that he is, indeed, that stupid.

She... specifically said she doesn't intend to seek monetary damages, though. Like explicitly said that.
Yea but she's lawyered up. Makes no sense.

It actually doesn't require a criminal case. Lol.

Witness Tampering - FindLaw

Since the NFL is currently investigation this civil case, and she's been brought in to give testimony about it, she's a witness to the civil case.

Last I looked, the NFL isn't a court of law. Again, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Did you read the messages? He literally said she must be broke because her kids look broke and used the pic as an example. He didn’t say “ these are her kids go look for them.”
yes, that's exactly what he said..but the media will spin this. Anytime kids are involved, it won't look good.

Since when is it a crime to text someone who was a source of a magazine writing a negative article about you?

More to the point, why is AB doing anything to add fuel to this thing? He should put down his phone and let his counsel handle any communications with the media, accusers, or opposing counsel. His job right now is to learn the playbook and focus on the Jets game, nothing more. This guy is so undisciplined.

Yea but she's lawyered up. Makes no sense.

I don't know, putting an attorney on retainer under circumstances in whuch you're making claims about public figures seems like a prudent move regardless of whether you want to sue or not. You and I would do the same thing, so I don't think it really raises an eyebrow.

Did you read the messages? He literally said she must be broke because her kids look broke and used the pic as an example. He didn’t say “ these are her kids go look for them.”

That's such a lousy way of looking at it.... regardless of the intent or motive behind sending her these texts, it still qualifies as harassment IMO

harassed; harassing; harasses
: to create an unpleasant or hostile situation for especially by uninvited and unwelcome verbal or physical conduct

Last I looked, the NFL isn't a court of law. Again, you have no idea what you're talking about.
The NFL Investigation will absolutely be included in the civil lawsuit. And if these witnesses were giving sworn testimony, as the NFL tends to do to cover their ass, they are certainly witnesses to that suit.

Also, you made my original point for me. The NFL isn't a court of law. A court of law is a court of law. If you are threatened, you go through the proper channels to have that adjudicated. Have Brown arrested. Have a Grand Jury, get an indictment. He'll have his day in court, but in the mean time, the 'threatening' will stop.

You've bent over completely backwards justifying this threatened person not going to the police, you know, like anyone else would if they felt threatened.

That's such a lousy way of looking at it.... regardless of the intent or motive behind sending her these texts, it still qualifies as harassment IMO

: to create an unpleasant or hostile situation for especially by uninvited and unwelcome verbal or physical conduct
that's exactly what he said though..can't be a lousy way to look at it

It's ridiculous that anyone thinks those private text messages are controversial or newsworthy.

Maybe if he had posted those pictures of her kids PUBLICLY (like on Twitter) that would definitely be crossing the line. But privately? This is a non-story.
When she is included in the private text chain, it’s a story.

Then she should have gone to the police and reported the crime. Not Sports Illustrated and the NFL.

Is Brown trying to get on the Exempt List? This is just moronic.

Local media is pearl clutching to the Nth degree...they hate Pat's fans and now they hate them even more

The NFL Investigation will absolutely be included in the civil lawsuit. And if these witnesses were giving sworn testimony, as the NFL tends to do to cover their ass, they are certainly witnesses to that suit.

Also, you made my original point for me. The NFL isn't a court of law. A court of law is a court of law. If you are threatened, you go through the proper channels to have that adjudicated. Have Brown arrested. Have a Grand Jury, get an indictment. He'll have his day in court, but in the mean time, the 'threatening' will stop.

You've bent over completely backwards justifying this threatened person not going to the police, you know, like anyone else would if they felt threatened.

In order to be a witness under the law, you have to be a witness. It's a juridical state of being, like you need to have been designated a witness by one of the parties in a given case in order to be a witness. Witness intimidation requires you to be a named witness, not that at some point you may be a witness in the future. This woman has not been named as a witness to the Taylor civil trial. Clear cut, she cannot be subject to witness intimidation.

And going to the cops with anything is usually a bad ****ing idea, man.

It’s funny because I was gonna post how so many people in this thread must be yoga experts given that they’ve bent over backwards defending this scumbag. Today is just the latest example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back