PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inquiring minds want to know but I wonder how far Britney Pinocchio Taylor's nose grew in that tedious ten hour meeting??:confused:
Unconfirmed reports afterward say that two league executives were taken to the ER with inadvertent stab wounds.

Those videos are out there yet the media and whoever are ignoring them. Goodell will pretend like he hasn’t seen them.
depends on the date of the videos..If before the alleged rape, then they don't mean much.

Phew! AB will be playing on Sunday lets take it week by week.

I don’t think this is a bad take. The only reason I disagree is because the tyreek hill situation was arguably worse optics and it’s fairly obvious he “could have committed a crime” and goodell did nothing.
Difference to me is we are talking about rape. The MeToo movement can make all the difference. The NFL will have a hard time clearing AB because it sends the message that they don’t believe the woman, which is very touchy today. Child abuse they have no problem sweeping under the rug comparably.

Difference to me is we are talking about rape. The MeToo movement can make all the difference. The NFL will have a hard time clearing AB because it sends the message that they don’t believe the woman, which is very touchy today. Child abuse they have no problem sweeping under the rug comparably.

Yes but she went civil and not the criminal charge. The players union needs to change this in the next cba. In other sports players stay on the team while they resolve a civil suit. Everyone has their opinion on whether to believe her or not but she has already been a proven liar.

I wish Brady continued his case to the Supreme Court with a final attempt to strip some of Goodell's powers...
Conservative majority would have backed Republican Goodell.

They, like the appeals court, would have ignored the fact that abusing one's authority based entirely upon personal prejudice, in this case against the Patriots, or for example blatant racism, is illegal.

Point stands that Goodell can place AB on the exempt list without hard proof. Setting a bad precedent? Sure. Unfair? Yep. But he can do it. And it will have a huge impact on the Pats offensive and overall brand. There's nothing the Pats can do if he's suspended.

The NFLPA were morons in the last CBA for allowing this little clause to go through.
My understanding is that these provisions were always there in the CBA, but no other commissioner prior to Goodell had used it and abused it the way he has. Its all Goodell.

I may be wrong.

The reason why they should have stayed out of it, just put him on the exempt list, or do nothing and allow the legal process to play out. Now they are in a no-win position.

Yes but she went civil and not the criminal charge. The players union needs to change this in the next cba. In other sports players stay on the team while they resolve a civil suit. Everyone has their opinion on whether to believe her or not but she has already been a proven liar.
Right but this is Goodell’s call and if he “believes her” or just looks at it as bad optics and says they do, Brown goes on the exempt list. It sets a dangerous precedent but also he can pick and choose what he wants to do in these cases. Consistency is not required.

And let’s be real, very few people will cry foul or defend him if he does get put on the exempt list.

Interesting, how the NFL conversely never listened to or took seriously real victims of Hardy, etc.

In it's $multimillion campaign to defame Tom and us, the NFL did not spend 10 seconds listening to anyone with a brain or basic knowledge of physics.

Notice how all this **** is coming out only after AB came here.
He did suspend Ellliot though. I think this happens regardless of what team he plays on. Why would she not go for this money? Does she just hate the Patriots?

The reason why they should have stayed out of it, just put him on the exempt list, or do nothing and allow the legal process to play out. Now they are in a no-win position.
Interviewing the accuser has put them in a no win situation. If they just said “we’ll look into it”, they honestly could have let the story die slowly which it probably would have. Now they will need to make a decision based upon an interview of the accuser.

IF Roger takes action into his own hands and do the unthinkable *puts AB on the Exempt list* We know it couldn't be indefinite and we would have AB back.

He did suspend Ellliot though. I think this happens regardless of what team he plays on. Why would she not go for this money? Does she just hate the Patriots?

That Raider Owner have $$$$$ to burn AB's demons came out after his episode with them.

Why not give him a quick 1 game suspension or two now and get it over with.

You maybe right. But I think given the fact there is no criminal charges it makes it easier to release a statement saying that the nfl will take a wait and see approach as the legal process plays out. It’s a terrible precedent. What happens if some nut files a civil lawsuits before a Super Bowl and it turns out to be a false allegation months later?

That Raider Owner have $$$$$ to burn AB's demons came out after his episode with them.
Those clowns must have made a deal with the devil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes