PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d rather have Gordon with his extreme relapse risk than a reliable Cooks. The difference between these two is enormous. Cooks is just an extremely overrated player and classic “speedy” receiver who can’t block and is useless in short-yardage situations. Gordon is a awesome in every aspect. Didn’t like Cooks when he was on the Patriots and really glad he’s gone...especially at that absurd price tag. There’s a reason why two teams traded him rather than having to even pretend to consider a $16M annual extension.

Agreed. Besides Cooks dumb leap in SB 52, he made absolutely no attempt to break up the pick that essentially sealed SB 53.

For any legal experts on here, do you think there is enough evidence for a D.A. to charge A.B?
not a legal expert but you have to think that if these accusations had any evidence behind them the DA would be prosecuting regardless of the civil component. Since that doesn't appear to be happening, feel free to draw your own conclusions about how strong the evidence isn't.

Can’t the DA bring charges against him without her consent since she states she was sexually assaulted?
As DI mentioned, they would have to look at all the evidence from her original reluctance to file them in the past, to the nature of the relationship, to the talk about money, the videos, the repeat visits, her prior and current dishonesty etc. The DA isnt stupid and this would be incredibly high-profile so if they took one misstep it would be all over for them.

From the evidence gathered thus far I mean. From what we know. Some posters have said she's unreliable. Others have said AB did it.
A he said she said between a cancerous football player and, if rumors are to be believed, a tax fraud. No wonder this doesn't seem to be going anywhere in the criminal court

The NFL is doing an 'investigation', not a real one. Just to sell that they did.

They never placed someone off a civil case on the exempt list. AB isn't in trouble as long this remains that way.

I would put him being suspended/exempt list at about 10% now.

Why would the DA touch this. A completely flimsy case if not ridiculous with so much contradiction VS a guy who would have the best defense team money could buy.

The government has better things to do. I hope.

Cooks is great at things he does when put in positions where he is very comfortable. In most things through the MOF he doesn't.

That is just not worth a market value deal imo.
Got shut down too easily with press coverage. Loved watching him tho and still wear his jersey sometimes (mainly because it’s my only color rush jersey).

Think of it from the reporter/tv host's side of things. Would you risk being remembered as the guy who defended a rapist? Seems easier to say "my bad" if Antonio is innocent than sticking your neck out.

Yea, like they said "my bad" after 20 something scientists proved footballs lose air naturally.:p

Seriously tho, you'd think they'd extend him the same courtesy.

Brady and Edelman have built a brand using social media.
They've built a brand. Brown has just further cemented that he is a jack ***.

From the evidence gathered thus far I mean. From what we know. Some posters have said she's unreliable. Others have said AB did it.

You're confusing "accusations" and "evidence".

Cooks is great at things he does when put in positions where he is very comfortable. In most things through the MOF he doesn't.

That is just not worth a market value deal imo.

I have a feeling this is an easy one I’m just missing, but what is MOF?

What does MOF stand for?

I looked it up and I’m wondering if it’s Metal Organic Framework or Minister of Food? Hoping it isn’t Multiple Organ Failure.

With AB, Josh and JE on the roster Cooks here is WR4

Yeah, I guess he's in control. I don't know. Maybe?

I really can't fathom how hard it would be to behave in a responsible, ethical, high-character manner if you had no example to follow from family, peers, educators, etc. And if you don't have a quality education to teach you how to think critically and develop a robust moral/ethical compass, that makes it nearly impossible.

I feel bad for Brown, honestly. If you have no example/concept from real people in your life as to how to conduct oneself, I'd imagine it's extremely hard to model oneself in that way. That said, it's not like he's doing particularly poorly for himself professionally.

He seems to be a product of institutional failures at nearly every level: family, education, and faith (as that also seems relevant to him).

You sound like Randolph Duke

With AB, Josh and JE on the roster Cooks here is WR4

That might be a little hyperbolic. I think Cooks' position on the depth chart here could be that low, but it could also be as high as WR2. Competitions play out for a reason and we'll never know what would have actually happened.

Are people talking about bringing him back?
Not sure. I just saw some chatter about Cooks and I wanted to chime in. I might be OT. Its Friday :D

Not sure. I just saw some chatter about Cooks and I wanted to chime in. I might be OT. Its Friday :D
Hah anything closely resembling on field football is close enough to on topic at this point.

The NFL is doing an 'investigation', not a real one. Just to sell that they did.

They never placed someone off a civil case on the exempt list. AB isn't in trouble as long this remains that way.

I would put him being suspended/exempt list at about 10% now.

Under the CBA the Commissioner could still put him on the exempt list. The NFLPA would probably grieve it in that case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST