PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's interesting because I remember Thompkins doing something similar around that same time. He would essentially double catch it (have the ball hit him in the chest to stop it, and then try to catch it; rarely use his hands).

Highlight: Kenbrell Thompkins 49-yard catch

Now granted, it was one of my favorite plays from that season, aside from his game-winning touchdown against the Saints, which he caught with his hands (but really had no choice,)
As far as on the field goes, a lot of people are comparing AB to Moss but they actually have completely different skillsets. Moss was a more bruising receiver who made plays over the top but AB has speed more like Edelman.

well...YOU are nuttier than a Christmas fruit cake then....and BTW....human growth hormone shipped from overseas for his wife's pregnancy? Another made up lie? Krist, don't start ...and don't bullshyt anybody with that "I'm no fan of Peyton" LIE.

The University of Tenn tried to get Nautright to change her story , to blame a BLACK player instead of Peytie Pooch. YOU are relying on a subsequent claim by one of Peytie's friends on the UT football squad, years later when he was a cop in Florida, saying while he was there in the locker room, all he saw was Manning pulling his shorts down. He then admits he LEFT the lockeroom and didn't see anything else. HE WAS PAID OFF FOR CHRISSAKES.

Again, you are no fan of Manning? why would you go out of your way to use a bunch of spun PR BS orchestrated by Manning to deflect blame away from him, yet make ZERO) MENTION of the preposterous "my wife's HGH...really!!" sub-mongoloidal Manning alibi.

Lol. You are one of my favorite posters here, but I don't think you are well informed on this issue. His accuser was nuts. She's filed dozens of lawsuits against people with nearly all of them being thrown out of court. Two different police departments, one in New Jersey and the other in Florida, had to warn her that they would arrest her if she continued making false accusations.

To get an idea of what kind of person she is, do me a favor and listen to this one minute video of her doing an interview on this subject. It's hilarious. She's going on about how Peyton likes big ****. :D

Last edited:
I’d rather have Gordon with his extreme relapse risk than a reliable Cooks. The difference between these two is enormous. Cooks is just an extremely overrated player and classic “speedy” receiver who can’t block and is useless in short-yardage situations. Gordon is a awesome in every aspect. Didn’t like Cooks when he was on the Patriots and really glad he’s gone...especially at that absurd price tag. There’s a reason why two teams traded him rather than having to even pretend to consider a $16M annual extension.

Cooks is great at things he does when put in positions where he is very comfortable. In most things through the MOF he doesn't.

That is just not worth a market value deal imo.

Oh god, don’t post this pic. Cooks’ hurdle made me and makes me more irrationally angry than...grrrrrrr!

To this day I feel like this picture more or less describes Cooks very well. Great player in his niche but when used out of comfort zone he tended to have the most absurd decision making.

Still can't believe he decided to sexually assault that Eagles player instead of diving for the first down.

Haha. I mean, racial profiling.

Or maybe it's just about the content?

If edelman posted live feeds from the locker room or a picture of himself on a pile of money with the caption 'the patriot way', maybe people would have a problem with that as well.

Brown's intelligence is no more than the average preteen. . IMO, the reason he gets into the stupid issues is because he is just dumb. Watch hard knocks, the part where he was getting details on the hot air balloon. He asked a question that was so dumb and ignorant about basic physical properties. I don’t think he’s really that bad of a guy, he’s just really dumb. He can play football though and he can read defenses so I not worried about his connection with Brady.

I'm telling you about someone who literally did *exactly* what some of you are criticizing AB's accuser for not doing

The conversation went like this-

Many people- Why pursue a civil case but not a police case?

Some people- Because police wont listen to women or take their case seriously.

This is where you then jumped in and said yes it’s true that police don’t listen to women, I can back that up because I’ve seen it happen.

So then I asked you of you actually saw that police interaction happen? And you didn't.

If your going to say you can back up how police treat accusers because you’ve seen it yourself, it’s relevant whether you actually saw it yourself. That doesn’t mean she lied, it just means you aren’t in a position to corroborate the conversation.

This is proving my point. Women make false accusations, but the system is designed to make it nearly impossible for them to win even clear cases, and we're in a culture that still has a knee-jerk first response to think women are lying.

The system isn’t designed in any such way, rape is difficult to prove because theres typically only two witnesses and physical evidence cannot usually show consent. That’s not the system, it simply reality makes rape difficult to prove, especially among people who have a sexual relationship.

You apparently have a point of view that if anyone asks for evidence than the system is stacked against women and they are being accused of lying. I simply asked you if you witnessed the police conversation and now you’re flying off the handle.

I wanted to know if your characterization of the police telling her to “move on” was your own characterization of that conversation.

Last edited:
I'm not understanding your point. Are you saying the only way to credibly state that a rape occurred is if you were there and witnessed it? Aren't the vast majority of these cases based on he said / she said arguments with other circumstantial evidence thrown in (witness accounts before and after the incident). I mean even when they find dna evidence, the guy just has to say it was consensual. The women generally have an uphill battle to prove they were raped.

I can only recall one case where there were witnesses, the girl that got raped in that bar in New Bedford (I think). I suppose others would be gang rapes where one of them confesses.

Maybe I missed your point.
I’m asking if he witnessed the police conversation he was relaying in his comment. I certainly didn’t say rape can’t be proven without witnesses.

What happened to Lesean McCoy’s case that happened not too long ago. If I remember correctly his gf or ex gf accused him of beating her up. Remember seeing disturbing pics of her badly beat up. I don’t remember him going on that exempt list or being suspended.

Last edited:
we are people saying he admitted to #2? His text doesn't say it wasn't consensual and he never admitted to jacking off on her as she stated in the complaint.

Do we need to get graphic here? He taunts her by saying "I jack my --- on your back," and then later he writes, "Me and [redacted name] a laugh about me busing[sic] on your back." Why taunt her or laugh at her if it's consensual, especially in the context of an angry text at her? How do you think those deciding a civil case are going to understand this?

Also, what about the letter he signed promising no more sexual advances?

Read the court filing.

OK--so, I'm not actually going to do that, but if you are telling me the media is right now making all this up that those texts were included in the court filing, then I'll give this up. Countless articles I've read said the letter he signed and the texts are part of the court filing. Boggles my mind that they say that if it's not true.

Do we need to get graphic here? He taunts her by saying "I jack my --- on your back," and then later he writes, "Me and [redacted name] a laugh about me busing[sic] on your back." Why taunt her or laugh at her if it's consensual, especially in the context of an angry text at her? How do you think those deciding a civil case are going to understand this?

Also, what about the letter he signed promising no more sexual advances?

Just cause he Superman’d her doesn’t mean it wasn’t consensual.

The way he tried to delay, obstruct and get out of it with all his lawyers and tie it up in court and preach the constitution and everything. ...........................
You're entitled to your opinion but many of us believe that there shouldn't be governmental overreach and the Constitution ( specifically the 4th Amendment protections against unreasonable search and seizure) protects our privacy and prevents the police from stopping us without probable cause or videotaping people in very personal moments ( as is alleged to have happened when people going for massages were videotaped naked)...
One person's technicality is another person's protection of freedoms.....

Did I read your post correctly that you think Kraft should punish Antonio Brown if he FEELS that he did it????? This isn't elementary school. No one is going to take a roster action in this case based on gut feelings. Least of which someone who faced some pretty harsh limelight a few months ago. Think for a second. That would be a pretty bad look.

No. Regarding the allegations in that case, the Patriots do nothing until at least the NFL investigation finds culpability, further Brown is innocent until found guilty by a court of law. If he is guilty, then he should be punished to the full extent of the law, the Patriots should cut him and take every penny they can from him.

Why is that hard to understand?

Hey, I'm not like a lot of other folks here who suddenly became AB fans in the past 96 hours. I don't like AB. But he deserves the same rights as anyone else and not to be punished because of someone's "feelings" about a very serious allegation.

However, unless something changes legally. He will never be found guilty of anything, because it is a civil suit and he has not been charged with anything. He is not going to be found guilty or innocent, he will not go to jail, and in then end it will be very very difficult for the NFL to punish him long term, because he has not been charged with anything.

The way he tried to delay, obstruct and get out of it with all his lawyers and tie it up in court and preach the constitution and everything. Yet he looked to everyone like a guy with a lot of money who got caught by police paying a prostitute. When players get caught we get the speech about character, code of conduct,swift justice and all that.

He apologized for the embarrassment to the team and used every means at his disposal to legally free himself. Once again, going to visit a prostitute for a consensual sexual experience does not preclude you for speaking out on violence (which rape is) or thievery. He cant criticize brown from engaging in sex outside marriage, or having a non monogamist lifestyle.

Did I read your post correctly that you think Kraft should punish Antonio Brown if he FEELS that he did it????? This isn't elementary school. No one is going to take a roster action in this case based on gut feelings. Least of which someone who faced some pretty harsh limelight a few months ago. Think for a second. That would be a pretty bad look.

No. Regarding the allegations in that case, the Patriots do nothing until at least the NFL investigation finds culpability, further Brown is innocent until found guilty by a court of law. If he is guilty, then he should be punished to the full extent of the law, the Patriots should cut him and take every penny they can from him.

Why is that hard to understand?

Hey, I'm not like a lot of other folks here who suddenly became AB fans in the past 96 hours. I don't like AB. But he deserves the same rights as anyone else and not to be punished because of someone's "feelings" about a very serious allegation.

Yes, I think the owner should punish a player if he feels he has engaged in contact detrimental to the team. They suspended/cut Hernandez before the league did anything and we all applauded it.

I am not saying how Kraft feels about this case. He owns the team, it is his to do as he wishes. He is not just a commissioner of a league with some power given to him by owners over players on thier teams.

All I am saying is that him getting arrested for being with a prostitute does not render him powerless to act as he sees fit regarding Brown.

Yes, I think the owner should punish a player if he feels he has engaged in contact detrimental to the team. They suspended/cut Hernandez before the league did anything and we all applauded it.

I am not saying how Kraft feels about this case. He owns the team, it is his to do as he wishes. He is not just a commissioner of a league with some power given to him by owners over players on thier teams.

All I am saying is that him getting arrested for being with a prostitute does not render him powerless to act as he sees fit regarding Brown.[/QUOTE]

All I am saying is that him getting arrested for being with a prostitute does not render him powerless to act as he sees fit regarding Brown

What are you talking about???? Hernandez was arrested and led away in handcuffs before they cut him!

OK--so, I'm not actually going to do that, but if you are telling me the media is right now making all this up that those texts were included in the court filing, then I'll give this up. Countless articles I've read said the letter he signed and the texts are part of the court filing. Boggles my mind that they say that if it's not true.

Consider for a second, that the video they posted on social media showing them in bed together in their undies half naked, might indicate that they were shall we say intimate. Could the behavior described in the text be part of their s*x play? People do all sorts of things in the privacy of the bedroom, so SOME of the behaviors she described may be part of what they choose to do.

We will never know the truth of that. This looks like a money grab by a person seeing their 'sponsor' going away, perhaps she want cash cause he went back to his babies mama?

Just cause he Superman’d her doesn’t mean it wasn’t consensual.

I have to quickly visit my good friend the urban dictionary. BRB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back