PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anonymous Sources: Mac is Impressing in Offseason

Allen needs to at least take the Bills to a Super Bowl to be elite.
He had a real shot at the SB after the 2021 season but McDermott and the defense let him down by allowing the Chiefs to get into FG range to force OT. Can't pin that L on Josh.

Hopefully Mac is impressing more than Joe Judge is this offseason.

Mac Jones isn't doing himself any favors with that outfit. Although it fits his soft gameday presence.

I don't think Brady was zoning out as much as he just didn't see it sooner. Caldwell also sucked and blatantly dropped the pass. Their WRs were wretched that season.

The reason Brady didn't see BugEyes is that for some stupid reason, he was standing under Center even though it was 1st/15 because of the motion penalty - on Troy Brown or Gaffney, I forget - that negated an 7/8-yard gain... Had he been standing in shotgun, I betcha he would've seen him a Lot sooner, early enough at least to make that pass a 12-yard gain and 2nd/short again... And I betcha ol' BugEyes catches an earlier-thrown ball too; he was too anxious to run by the time it finally arrived.

This is what I was getting at. LB Eric Alexander had 1 start in his NFL career. He played in 71 games and started 1. The 2006 AFCCG when he was tasked with TE coverage. Let's just say that decision didn't work out.

Yep, chinks in Bill's drafting armor had already appeared by then: Over a year & a half after Bruschi's stroke & Ted Johnson's retirement, the LB position still hadn't been completely repaired yet; and I understand that not having Seau, Eugene Wilson and especially Rodney Harrison available for the AFCCG was Huge, and I also suppose that they had expected some contributions from vets Barry Gardiner & Mel Mitchell before they were IRed for the year out of TC... but this is where somebody better than recent picks Jimmy Sanders, Guss Scott & Dexter Reid should've been ready to step-up, to say nothing about UDFA Effin Alexander...

I don't care about anonymous sources. When I see Mac recognize a blitz overload or even looking for one, I will feel better. When I see him throw a 10 yard check down that is not at the feet of the receiver, I will feel better. When I see him recognize the one on one and release the ball on time, I will feel better. When I see him step up in the pocket instead of running out the back, I will feel better. I do want him to be successful. I'm a Patriot fan and I want the team to be successful. But anonymous sources aren't going to mean anything.
Unfortunately, the lost season of 2022 makes it very difficult to judge Jones. This may be his third year but it really isn't.

Not exaggerating at all. Any time there is a positive comment made about the Patriots you show up the stomp on it.
Sounds like you trolling the Brady forum.

I wanted to see the team win and anything that prevented that was an open subject for me. And it sure looks like Bill's emphasis on dumping top talent is taking it's toll on the team. Between that and his poor drafts the team isn't in a great place right now. That deserves comment.

Perhaps. But as a fan, it would seem more natural to defend the team you root for from criticism that attack any positivity.
How about defending the good and criticizing the bad? That's what a real fan does.

How about defending the good and criticizing the bad? That's what a real fan does.
What purpose does unending persistent criticism serve?
This board has numerous posters hell bent on “criticizing” the most successful coach/GM in the history of the sport. How can you be a fan of a team and hate the guy who led it to the most success ever? It makes no sense to me.

Sounds like you trolling the Brady forum.

I wanted to see the team win and anything that prevented that was an open subject for me. And it sure looks like Bill's emphasis on dumping top talent is taking it's toll on the team. Between that and his poor drafts the team isn't in a great place right now. That deserves comment.
I have rarely, if ever, posted in the Brady forum.

What do you think you accomplish by complaining?

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back