PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Andrews to miss time with a broken thumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible Mason or Thuney snap and Andrews plays guard? I thought Mason played center at one point at Georgia Tech?

There's no point in letting Andrews reaggravate his injury...let him heal up.

Is it possible Mason or Thuney snap and Andrews plays guard? I thought Mason played center at one point at Georgia Tech?

Mason practiced at center for GT but never took game snaps there.

Mason and Thuney have both taken practice snaps at center for the Pats..

Meh, could have been worse with the BYE coming up after 2 winnable games with a trip to Arrowhead sandwiched between.

That's potentially a month of rest he could be getting. Lets see what Froholdt brings to the table.

While short term injuries to starters at the beginning of the season are usually a blessing in disguise - and with this yr IR rules even more so - losing a pillar of your offence for a “winnable“ game is never ideal esp. in a tougher regular season situation than the norm..

Remember when Gronk was asked last yr which player TB is missing the most (hinting at him & the “lack of offensive weapons“ in general) he didn't hesitate answering Andrews.

Running game is struggling outside Cam & despite Cam and this will not help.

Id like to see Froholdt but wouldn't be surprised if they play Andrews anyway or plug in the in-law (Ferentz)

Why would Andrews play guard? He needs time to heal.
I dunno, he seems to want to play lol. Not saying it’s the safest thing to do. Just throwing it out there if they want to play all 3 guys.

Id like to see Froholdt but wouldn't be surprised if they play Andrews anyway or plug in the in-law (Ferentz)

At this point it is almost a guarantee that Ferentz will be at least pulled to the active roster as a backup. Once again roster management of BB somehow magically paying off despite people not being pleased that Ferentz got a 12k per week job on the PS.

I guess it is a good thing we brought Ferentz back to the practice squad... I guess it's better than nothing... maybe. :)
Actually...no it isn't...

Hope Andrews is ready after the bye week.

At this point it is almost a guarantee that Ferentz will be at least pulled to the active roster as a backup. Once again roster management of BB somehow magically paying off despite people not being pleased that Ferentz got a 12k per week job on the PS.

Id pay Ferentz 1.2M if that guaranteed he is always my 3rd option :)

In High School I bent my thumb back all the way to my wrist in a football game, and the doc said there was total separation of the bone. Swelled up like a tuber was growing there, all nice and plum purple before going to total black. 6 months in a cast.

I was young of course, 16 or 17, so it healed. Did I ever get the strength back? No. But I almost never think about it when I use my hands for working, or need strength there. It's probably 80-90%. But I'm also NOT an NFL center. ;^)

There it is. Well, since you mention it, I’ll go next. I think it’ll be Ferentz.

Despite the hate on this board, he is a BB fav. He is reliable, smart, hard working. If I remember correctly, the one time he filled in for Karras, he was up to the task.

BB loves predictability & reliability. More than «pure ability ».

I haven't been the biggest fan of Andrew, but he's looked really good so far. Also, his snaps out of the shotgun have been lightning fast which is a very underrated ability.

This is a massive loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back