PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cool Link And they say Steve Grogan wasn't appreciated outside of New England

Links to cool things

Had no idea man...I had a Bazooka back in the day....and a Grogan jersey...never put two and two together....probably because of the "blue 14".

Dude does kinda look like Grogan a little, during his mustachioed years...

Reminds me of The Right Stuff during one the last scenes, when Chuck Yeager's walking away from his crashed bird at Edwards AFB... Two guys are in a truck driving to it and as they approach, one of them asks the other: Is that a man I see out there? The other responds You bet your ass it is...

Last edited:
my younger brother had one of those guys... he unfortunately lost most of his body parts and was burned pretty badly after meeting with an "ied" aka a quarter stick/pineapple

Here's two interesting reasons Bazooka wears a Grogan jersey:
  1. 1) G.I. Joe was created by Hasbro, a company located in Rhode Island in the 1980s.
  2. 2) The character designer was Ron Rudat (who also made the character art for the packaging), who was a big Pats fan. So he probably influenced that.

Grogan should be held in even higher esteem considering that defensive backs could maul receivers all over the field and pass rushers could destroy quarterbacks well after the whistle - unless you're Ray Hamilton.
He also recognized when it was time to stay in the pocket more and throw when his knees started going south on him. Saved the running for when it was effective (the naked boot left v Jets in 85 comes to mind). Still - he never lost his toughness.

He also recognized when it was time to stay in the pocket more and throw when his knees started going south on him. Saved the running for when it was effective (the naked boot left v Jets in 85 comes to mind). Still - he never lost his toughness.
Steve is the epitome of toughness.

my younger brother had one of those guys... he unfortunately lost most of his body parts and was burned pretty badly after meeting with an "ied" aka a quarter stick/pineapple

There was a 1-2-year period during my single-digit-midget years when I collected Captain Action gear… I preferred him to GI Joe because he could change outfits and become Batman (with whom I was Really obsessed), Superman & others…

There was a 1-2-year period during my single-digit-midget years when I collected Captain Action gear… I preferred him to GI Joe because he could change outfits and become Batman (with whom I was Really obsessed), Superman & others…
we had the super friends and star trek action figures... batman could become bruce wayne if you decapitated super man and stuck his head on batman... the star trek stuff was better though

What were the really bad picks of superheroes by DC and Marvel? :cool:

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back