PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Amendola, official bust?

Fine job by the mod who moved this to the practice squad.
I could not disagree more and not because I am anti Amendola but because if there is going to be a thread to discuss the poor play of LaFell after 1 freaking game as a Patriot and the moderators leave that on the main board this thread should have been left too or the LaFell one should have also been moved.

It is if you have an agenda.
I will go out on a limb and say the OP agenda was to question if are $28.5M WR having 6 catches in his last 4 games is considered being a bust. A reasonable question if you ask me and certainly not something that should have been moved off the main board.

For what it's worth I don't blame the moderators they knew that posters would overreact with a bunch of conspiracy theory nonsense and it would be a **** show.

He played like ass. He wasn't double bracketed at all in this game, from what I can tell. He also didn't seem to demand the attention of the Dolphins' coaching staff as far as putting their best cover corner on him goes. He was pretty much invisible. Hopefully this doesn't keep up and he earns what the team is paying him. But, if he continues to play like that and struggles to get open fast enough for Brady, he needs to be let go at the end of the year (maybe we can sign Welker).

That said, I'm not going to make a final judgement on him for the season just yet. The game plan wasn't exactly a masterful work of art. They had Amendola and Edelman running a lot of deep routes such as go routes and skinny posts while Brady was under a ton of pressure. The offense as a whole scored zero points in the second half, so it's probably not the best game to judge anybody on outside of McDaniels.

If you watch the game again you will notice on some plays he was open but Tom went to someone else. I find it hard to evaluate him when Tom was on the ground almost the whole 2nd half and I bet amendola was never toms first read most of the time he got snaps.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back