PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Amendola apparently bitter about time in New England:

What a whiny betch. Didn’t know Bill put a gun to his head and forced him to take pay cuts. Maybe if he acted like a man he could have walked away to have fun elsewhere. There’s a thing called accountability and responsibility for your actions, and Danny made his.

I really wish DA would just shut the hell up. Pro athletes complaining about their boss and contracts in the past and present is soooooo unbecoming.

I understand he has issues with his time in NE but there is nothing to be gained by his complaining and digs at the NEP/BB.

DA is better than this.
Not to mention the fact that more Americans are struggling now than in recent memory. Please DA, tell us all about your ****ing problems. I get why he feels the way he does, but he signed the damn contracts. These players are pretty damn lucky sometimes. Wouldn’t be that hard for Bill to come out and blast DA for his injury history and not being worth the money originally paid. Why don’t these guys ever own up to that?

Not to mention the fact that more Americans are struggling now than in recent memory. Please DA, tell us all about your ****ing problems. I get why he feels the way he does, but he signed the damn contracts. These players are pretty damn lucky sometimes. Wouldn’t be that hard for Bill to come out and blast DA for his injury history and not being worth the money originally paid. Why don’t these guys ever own up to that?
Allow me.

"Well DA was a great player here for us. Had some clutch catches and returns for us in some big games. He made close to $18m in cash over 5 years with us as a great reserve and was pretty much was our 5th, sometimes 4th option on offense. He had some injuries but as long as we kept his snap count around 25-30 or 45-50% a game he was able to last the year".

Why can't yall just understand that the real point here is that amendola thinks bull is a see you next Tuesday and that alot if former players think that?

Y'all only care about winning which is cool but you ain't the one that has bill in your face every day with his negativity.

Bill is historically an insatiable person when it comes to being satisfied.

Imagine dealing with him during a losing season. Must be rough.

Who cares?...Danny caught the balls he needed to catch during his tenure here. All that matters..
Danny-don’t-drop

Why can't yall just understand that the real point here is that amendola thinks bull is a see you next Tuesday and that alot if former players think that?

Y'all only care about winning which is cool but you ain't the one that has bill in your face every day with his negativity.

I take it you have played under Belichick and experienced this "every day negativity" you describe?

Thats not what DA said. Thats your point. Not his point.

I'm sure BB is the boss from hell....but so what?

Last I heard players didn't exactly enjoy playing for Lombardi, Noll, Landry, Shula (in his prime) and Parcells but they played for them because they won and if they did their job well they'd play.

Sorry...no sympathy for DA on any level.

I have zero interest in this she said-he said discussion. All I can point to is the final 8 minutes of the Pats Jags playoff game. Jules was already out and Gronk left the game with a concussion. We were down 20-10 in the 4th quarter and we had no weapons. Danny came through with 2 great td catches to win the game. Along with Tommy, he won the damn game. He can say whatever; when the chips were down he saved our asses

I really wish DA would just shut the hell up. Pro athletes complaining about their boss and contracts in the past and present is soooooo unbecoming.

I understand he has issues with his time in NE but there is nothing to be gained by his complaining and digs at the NEP/BB.

DA is better than this.

You're soon finding out that everyone loves Brady and everyone hates BB. And while they were married, noone spewed trash about BB. Now they they are divorced and everyone has to pick a side (you always have to pick a side in a divorce) they are all picking Brady. And BB is going to get trashed by everyone one by one. Gronk and DA are just the start. They'll start coming out of the woodwork now. And Brady himself will deliver the final deathknell after BB blows up badly for another season.

I take it you have played under Belichick and experienced this "every day negativity" you describe?

Does amendola sound like a guy who likes bill?

He's been talking **** all week.

Danny was the ultimate team player and somehow he's getting blamed for it because he got tired of taking ridiculous salary reductions? Some people saying they were justified because of snap %? I don't think he should be talking to the media, or that anyone should really, but perhaps Bill made his bed and now he has to lie in it.

You're soon finding out that everyone loves Brady and everyone hates BB. And while they were married, noone spewed trash about BB. Now they they are divorced and everyone has to pick a side (you always have to pick a side in a divorce) they are all picking Brady. And BB is going to get trashed by everyone one by one. Gronk and DA are just the start. They'll start coming out of the woodwork now. And Brady himself will deliver the final deathknell after BB blows up badly for another season.
Bet Edelman won’t

Is Amendola playing in the Super Bowl??

amendola does realize brady wasn't the greatest when he got here. he was a 6th rd pick,199 overall who only played part time because lloyd carr was an idiot and played drew henson. the difference between then and now is brady's desire to be great and the patriots COACHING. just look at his draft picture.

If you look closely enough, this can all pretty much be traced back to the aftermath of Super Bowl 52. That’s where things pretty clearly started to fracture between BB and key Patriots on the offensive side of the ball, like Amendola. I don’t care much for him crying about his pay. It sucks that they asked him to take pay cuts after his postseason performances for the team. But he signed the dotted line in the end.

If you look closely enough, this can all pretty much be traced back to the aftermath of Super Bowl 52. That’s where things pretty clearly started to fracture between BB and key Patriots on the offensive side of the ball, like Amendola. I don’t care much for him crying about his pay. It sucks that they asked him to take pay cuts after his postseason performances for the team. But he signed the dotted line in the end.
Agree - a lot of players felt betrayed. And no evidence Bill ever addressed it with the team. Some players moved on from it, some did not.

I don’t disagree with anything he said. Is he supposed to be happy he kept getting asked to take pay cuts? I’m glad he’s done well since he left and will continue to root for him.

I agree. I don’t know if it snowballed from Brady not getting a long term contract extension or if it was the Guerrero stuff but that’s when it seemed like things started to go awry. That whole Tom vs Time documentary seemed like a way of letting the world know he didn’t feel fully appreciated in New England. Then there was Gronk telling Amendola to “go be free” or something along those lines on social media after he signed in Miami. The 2018 team was able to rally and make that super bowl run but I think the cracks in the foundation were already there and I think a lot of it stems from the notion Bill thinks he could win with any average QB.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back