PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Alonzo Highsmith hired to front office

To me that could have meant a lot of things but in the end it was still Bill's call. Maybe he was trying to make Kraft happy with some of new ways but it still was his pick.
? Im really not sure what you're trying to say here. What could it have meant? Kraft said it, not Belichick.

? Im really not sure what you're trying to say here. What could it have meant? Kraft said it, not Belichick.
I don't want to speculate but I don't think it means every pick after that statement was no longer Bills to make.

So some of them then?
Again I don't want to speculate. Let's put it this way do you care about the behind the scenes details of the Brady pick? Despite any Rehbein or Greer stories that's a Bill pick. Your the guy in charge and if other influences crept in and made choices under his nose than it still happened on his watch.

And that's not take credit from Rehbein those stories have their place too.

Again I don't want to speculate. Let's put it this way do you care about the behind the scenes details of the Brady pick? Despite any Rehbein or Greer stories that's a Bill pick. Your the guy in charge and if other influences crept in and made choices under his nose than it still happened on his watch.

And that's not take credit from Rehbein those stories have their place too.
I do care because it says a lot about the way things are going to go. Are we doing analytics? Do we have football guys eyeballing football players?

I think Highsmith would meet the external minority interview for GM. I agree with you that it's more probable that a GM title isn't given just like it's been for >25 years.
Now that I can say more, he thinks he's being hired for the GM job.

Edit - and for the record, I would be completely on board with that, if that's actually the case.

I do care because it says a lot about the way things are going to go. Are we doing analytics? Do we have football guys eyeballing football players?
I agree with this part just ultimately it falls on Wolfe if he is indeed in charge.

Now that I can say more, he thinks he's being hired for the GM job.

Edit - and for the record, I would be completely on board with that, if that's actually the case.
Who thinks he's being hired for the GM job? Highsmith?

Now that you can say more? Lol

Highsmith was awful in Cleveland. His must have draft pick at #67 was defensive lineman Chad Thomas from the U. Chad was not the least bit interested in football. He was mostly concerned with his fledging music career.

Irvin believes Highsmith's strong work ethic will serve him well alongside Mayo, another former player who prided himself on hard work and relating to his teammates. Mayo has carried that relatability into his coaching career, and Irvin sees the new head coach bringing a new style of leadership to New England that will be very different from the Bill Belichick regime.

"(Patriots edge defender) Matthew Judon was talking about Jerod Mayo and he said this, which I thought was fascinating," Irvin explained. "He said, 'Let me tell you about Jerod. He's always been this way as a player and as a coach: When he comes to you, he always has something to look at, and he'll say, listen, I want you to know it doesn't matter who's wrong or right. It just matters that we see this the same way.' He opens up a conversation with players like that. That's different from Bill Belichick."

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back