PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

All of our wildest dreams come true: Denver has traded for Mark Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, DEN fans, I would hold back on those Super Tix this season. ;)

My friend is a big Broncos fan, talked to him yesterday. He said that they are basically punting this year, hoping the D carries them, but that next year they have ridiculous cap space opening up (like nearly 100 million), and they plan to do another push then. Given that they won the SB with a scarecrow at QB last year, it isn't a crazy option to not break the bank on QB.
What makes your friend think they'll be able to score a new QB next year? They don't grow on trees. Let's face it, Elway screwed up big time. They had a QB in house that they've been developing for four years, they knew Payton wouldn't be there forever, and now they've got nothing. This year is looking like a throw away season (Larry Bird ain't walking through that door!) and so they'll pretty much be in the same place they are a year from now, and having lots of money isn't going to shake loose a starting QB.

What makes your friend think they'll be able to score a new QB next year? They don't grow on trees. Let's face it, Elway screwed up big time. They had a QB in house that they've been developing for four years, they knew Payton wouldn't be there forever, and now they've got nothing. This year is looking like a throw away season (Larry Bird ain't walking through that door!) and so they'll pretty much be in the same place they are a year from now, and having lots of money isn't going to shake loose a starting QB.

Yeah, I agree. Really stupid mistake. And that defense from last year isn't going to last. They never do.

Yeah, I agree. Really stupid mistake. And that defense from last year isn't going to last. They never do.
Yeah, even if you want to call them the equal of the '85 Bears or '00 Ravens...those teams only won once.

But while Sanchez does have hilarity potential but I don't think it's the worst they could do. Kubiaks history says they'll run the ball well no matter what, and they'll win some games if all Sanchez does is hand off and not be a total idiot.

Gotta give Elway some credit here. He did a masterful job building last year's team, but they were basically all in last year and are having to pay the price now with letting some of their guys go.
Can't ever get enough of the butt fumble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick