PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Alfonzo Dennard top 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEPettyOfficer72

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I heard several people at work tell me that Dennard is a top 15 cornerback but doesn't get the recognition only because he plays alongside an elite cornerback. Opinions?.... They said at times he can be as good as anybody more often then not..

You should have stopped at "people at work." No he's not a top 15 corner back.

He's definitely a top 10 #2 CB.

I heard several people at work tell me that Dennard is a top 15 cornerback but doesn't get the recognition only because he plays alongside an elite cornerback. Opinions?.... They said at times he can be as good as anybody more often then not..

Do you work in a NFL front office?

I think he's really good. He does the one thing that NE CBs until now simply REFUSED to do, that is he BATS THE BALL AWAY instead of letting them catch it. He has short little arms but somehow he still bats a lot of balls away.

Can't remember how many times Butler, Wheatley et al actually let the guy catch the ball and then try to tackle him. It was bizarre. The receiver would be totally turned toward the QB, forward motion slowed way down, eyes wide hands up waiting to catch the ball and our guys would STOP their pursuit and wait for them to catch it. If they turn around they possibly intercept it, but they just refused to.

Right, no one outside of an NFL front office can have a valid opinion. Way to put him in his place.

My father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate approves of this stellar post.

Top 15 is a stretch, but if my top two cornerbacks are both Alfonzo Dennard, I feel pretty good about it.

Top 15 is a stretch, but if my top two cornerbacks are both Alfonzo Dennard, I feel pretty good about it.

Unless that court date ever comes up. But, it's quickly becoming the new "free beer tomorrow."

Well put. I'd say that ideally he's a high end #2. So in the 15-20 range of starting cornerbacks, with some of the guys who have been good in the past having bad seasons right now.

I think he's really good. He does the one thing that NE CBs until now simply REFUSED to do, that is he BATS THE BALL AWAY instead of letting them catch it. He has short little arms but somehow he still bats a lot of balls away.

Can't remember how many times Butler, Wheatley et al actually let the guy catch the ball and then try to tackle him. It was bizarre. The receiver would be totally turned toward the QB, forward motion slowed way down, eyes wide hands up waiting to catch the ball and our guys would STOP their pursuit and wait for them to catch it. If they turn around they possibly intercept it, but they just refused to.

For some inexplicable reason, Patriots DBs were (are?) coached not to try to play the ball, but to play the receiver instead.

Top 15 is a stretch, but he is top 40, which makes him a very solid #2 corner.

Do you work in a NFL front office?

NFL front office?

I'm in the Navy, we have alot of civilians that are like football fanatics.. that told me to pay attention to him thats all.. I didn't ask for all the extra dramatics

I hate to hold this against him, but he's too short to be top 15

I hate to hold this against him, but he's too short to be top 15

Darrell Green was 5'9. Eric Allen was the same.. that has nothing to do with it. He is 5'10 not 5'6.

When I saw your thread title I was expecting you to have some type of link or article showing Dennard as a top 15 cornerback. Without that you’re basically saying you believe Dennard is a top 15 corner and asking us if we agree. If that is in fact the case I would have to say no. He could potentially be a top 30 cornerback meaning he is better than some other teams #1, but he is not in the top 15 at this time there are 12-15 up level #1 CB in this league who match up 1on1 with the opponents #1 wide out week in and week out.

Rank 'Em: Top NFL Cornerbacks - SportsNation - ESPN

B/R NFL 1000 2013: Top 100 Cornerbacks | Bleacher Report

I don't know where Dennard is actually ranked, but I will say this. When Talib is healthy, the Pats have a top 3-5 CB tandem in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes