PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFC playoff seedings...

Status
Not open for further replies.
let me know when playoff seedings at week 5 matter

tumblr_lr19tsKcL51qkqjduo1_500.gif

Let me know when anything on this site matters.

I actually learned something from the seedings... I thought Denver was #1 at this point... they're not even division winners.
I learned something too.
Never click on a thread titled "Playoff Seedings" on October 10th!

Where would early speculation threads be without the grumpy 'it is too early for this!' posts?

Oh wait, I know, those of us who enjoy early speculation because we realize nothing we do as fans matter would just enjoy them without the unnecessary finger wagging from people who probably also reminded teacher to pass out homework in school.
It's too early to be complaining about such things.

Red Alert! The Buffalo Bills are the main event right now. Tied with the Patriots in the AFC East and showing toughness with a win on the road. The Bills get SF and Miami in the next two weeks - both very winnable games. They could host the Patriots on 10-30-2016 being 5-2 with a half game lead in the division.

That Patriots - Bills game on October 30,2016 at Buffalo could determine the AFC East.

Red Alert! The Buffalo Bills are the main event right now. Tied with the Patriots in the AFC East and showing toughness with a win on the road. The Bills get SF and Miami in the next two weeks - both very winnable games. They could host the Patriots on 10-30-2016 being 5-2 with a half game lead in the division.

That Patriots - Bills game on October 30,2016 at Buffalo could determine the AFC East.

Not following you. The Bills are a game behind unless you expect the Pats to lose one of the next two games.

It's too early to be complaining about such things.
If we're honest, we spend a lot of time fretting, including about things like playoff seeds after five games.

We also spend a lot of time complaining about fretting. Or complaining about complaining about fretting. Or complaining about complaining about complaining about fretting.

So, let's let the complainers complain and the fretters fret. It's a free country. Or maybe, a fretter country...or whatever...

This thread is not only early, its about 6 games too early. Thinking about this now is worse that those so called power rankings
Agreed.

Let's contemplate such things while attempting to stave off a tryptophan induce catatonic state (Thanksgiving for wanting an explanation)

Not following you. The Bills are a game behind unless you expect the Pats to lose one of the next two games.
Focus on the division record only. Not only are the Patriots and Bills tied in the division, the Bills have the tiebreaker with the win at Gillette. The Pats travel to Buffalo in three weeks. If the Bills win that game, it is an uphill battle to win the AFC East.

View attachment 14433
Anybody who thought Oakland would be #1 after 5 weeks raise your hand...

What website was that seeding chart from? I've been looking for one that gave detailed reasons why teams were in particular slots. Doesn't mean much now, of course, but it'll be nice for tracking things as the season wears on.

Focus on the division record only. Not only are the Patriots and Bills tied in the division, the Bills have the tiebreaker with the win at Gillette. The Pats travel to Buffalo in three weeks. If the Bills win that game, it is an uphill battle to win the AFC East.

Okay. I see what you meant.

I'm not worried about Buffalo although they may be the second best team in the division. They are basically a rushing team with a stout defense. 16 points will not get them a win in the next meeting.

Where would early speculation threads be without the grumpy 'it is too early for this!' posts?

Oh wait, I know, those of us who enjoy early speculation because we realize nothing we do as fans matter would just enjoy them without the unnecessary finger wagging from people who probably also reminded teacher to pass out homework in school.

You mean, I can change my underwear before february?

image.jpg
What a difference a week makes. :D

They scored 16 points in their win against us when we had an injured third-string QB starting. If we had Brady in that game, we would've won with 30ish points.

So after 6 weeks (4 of which there was no TB12 and two of which there was no Jimmy G...) the Pats are in sole possession of the #1 seed and control their own destiny.

It's a beautiful thing.

its-good-to-be-king-google-search.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes