PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

** Afc East 1st Round Competitor Analysis **

Status
Not open for further replies.

newton_tom_cat

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Miami: Ginn at 9 was insanity. Strike 1:This was is much higher than he was expected to go, Strike 2: there's at least 50/50 chance he would have been available at 40 when they drafted again and strike 3: by taking a WR they also signal their commitment to Culpepper. 3 strikes and Miami is out at least another year.

Jets: 3 picks for Revis? Say what? Man-stupid is trying hard to be Bellicheck and this year he officially goes from Man-genius to Man-Stupid. And next year it's Man-fired.

Bills: Marshawn Lynch is a stubby, strong but relatively slow RB. He's basically Travis Henry who they let go for the next to nothing 3 years ago.

50/50 chance he makes it to 40? Is this your opinion or is this an article exceprt? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever herd. He was the 2nd best WR in this draft and there was no way he slipped past Tennessee at 16. He would've gone to Houston at 10 most likely and if not there St. Louis at 13 and at worst Tennessee.

I'm not thrilled with the pick, but to say he's available at 40 is ludacris.

EDIT: And how does that show that Culpepper is our QB next year? Trent Green will still be the QB for the Fins in 2007 and they will draft one in the 2nd round. It's not like you have to get QBs in the first, I would think Patsfans, of all people, would know this the best.

Last edited:
Here comes Aqua trying to convince us that the pick "Wasnt so bad".

50/50 chance he makes it to 40? Is this your opinion or is this an article exceprt? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever herd. He was the 2nd best WR in this draft and there was no way he slipped past Tennessee at 16. He would've gone to Houston at 10 most likely and if not there St. Louis at 13 and at worst Tennessee.

I'm not thrilled with the pick, but to say he's available at 40 is ludacris.

EDIT: And how does that show that Culpepper is our QB next year? Trent Green will still be the QB for the Fins in 2007 and they will draft one in the 2nd round. It's not like you have to get QBs in the first, I would think Patsfans, of all people, would know this the best.

Chambers and Ginn will be a nice combo aren't they cousins?? Add to that Ginns unbeievable talent at returning Kicks, there isn't a player in our division with Ginns skills at returning kicks. 10.5 100, 4.29 40....SMOKIN!!! We could even move Ginn to CB, very versitile.

The Jets did give up a lot for Revis, but I think he will be a very good pick. I think it's a decent pick.

I think Lynch was a good pick for the Bills because they really need a running back and I like Lynch. I think the only other direction they could have gone was corner but I think there will still be some good ones around in the second round and they run the cover 2, right? The cover 2 doesn't put a lot of stock in corners.

The only pick I completely disagree with is Ginn.

The Jets did give up a lot for Revis, but I think he will be a very good pick. I think it's a decent pick.

I think Lynch was a good pick for the Bills because they really need a running back and I like Lynch. I think the only other direction they could have gone was corner but I think there will still be some good ones around in the second round and they run the cover 2, right? The cover 2 doesn't put a lot of stock in corners.

The only pick I completely disagree with is Ginn.

No kidding....what are the odds.

Oop look, the fish heads are on because of their 170 pound major reach and a 26 year old QB.

Oop look, the fish heads are on because of their 170 pound major reach and a 26 year old QB.

You probably know they're going to be busts huh? At least we don't have a guy stomping heads lol.

Feelthepain- Yeah they are cousins and I can't wait to see Chambers, Ginn and Hagan all together.

Feelthepain- Yeah they are cousins and I can't wait to see Chambers, Ginn and Hagan all together.

3 mediocre WRs and a washed up QB have the entire NFL scared to death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST