PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFC Championship Game : Patriots vs. Colts -- Pre-Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I think part of it was the Pats just didn't care if the Ravens ran on them as long as they were not getting beat down the field.
I dont know if I agree with that. Kubiak's scheme is built on running the ball consistently. As BB would say -there is no defense which allows 10 yards on first down frequently as a gameplan. Without the running game , baltimore wouldve been in more 3rd downs and we wouldve had more chances to get off the field.

the Seahawks defense is for real but they have no one at WR they just lost there #2 WR a rookie with 200 yards rec on the year if the packers hold there run game in check they will be playing in the SB

Richardson is not their #2. Kearse is. Richardson is the #5 target on that team (Lynch is #3 and Willson is #4). Problem is, it doesn't matter who their receivers are because so many of their catches are uncontested after Wilson scrambles around for 10 seconds. It's not like they have to get open in 2 seconds and/or make contested catches. This is another reason why the Seahawks are a bad matchup for the Pats-Revis and Browner are basically nullified.

What happened the last time the 2 teams played means nothing. What happened this weekend means nothing for next weekend.
Let's think to the year that the Steelers trounced the Patriots in the regular season and then the Patriots ripped them in the AFCCG. The Colts do stand a chance next week if the Patriots do not play their "A" game for 60 minutes.

What happened the last time the 2 teams played means nothing. What happened this weekend means nothing for next weekend.
Let's think to the year that the Steelers trounced the Patriots in the regular season and then the Patriots ripped them in the AFCCG. The Colts do stand a chance next week if the Patriots do not play their "A" game for 60 minutes.
So true, dont under estimate the colts. Patriots need to play 60 minutes of mistake free football.

Fleener will be an issue. Who will cover him? He is no slow TE.

I agree, we had trouble with him last time. We can't have Chung cover him, I wonder if we put Browner or Collins on him.

Yes. Same situation as in Divisional round in 2011 against the Jets. Patriots lost to them, when Patriots obliterated Jets in regular season.

I dont know if I agree with that. Kubiak's scheme is built on running the ball consistently. As BB would say -there is no defense which allows 10 yards on first down frequently as a gameplan. Without the running game , baltimore wouldve been in more 3rd downs and we wouldve had more chances to get off the field.

I didn't mean they just gave the Ravens the run. I am saying that sacrificed playing the run to make sure they didn't give up the big play. The Pats scrapped their typical man to man coverage for a lot of zone coverage (a decent amount of two high safeties). They didn't give up on the run, but they took a lot of the safety help away.

It wasn't in the game plan to give up the run. It was to stop the deep passing plays even if it hurt them agains the run.

I agree, we had trouble with him last time. We can't have Chung cover him, I wonder if we put Browner or Collins on him.

I was thinking of Akeem as the cover.

Browner has a knee injury and fleener did well on browner last game. My think is some Chung and Collins at times.

I didn't mean they just gave the Ravens the run. I am saying that sacrificed playing the run to make sure they didn't give up the big play. The Pats scrapped their typical man to man coverage for a lot of zone coverage (a decent amount of two high safeties). They didn't give up on the run, but they took a lot of the safety help away.

It wasn't in the game plan to give up the run. It was to stop the deep passing plays even if it hurt them agains the run.
Maybe but that is a BB standard defense, to stop the big play. they still made throws and completions though. Overall they never executted their gameplan fully whatever it was because their front 4 could not stop the run and was moved consistently of the LOS.

Colts can't tackle:

https://vine.co/v/ODKAdnaEEpj

Plus, look at the other 2 Colt players just standing there like statues

Blount and Gray should feast and set up play-action all game

Richardson is not their #2. Kearse is. Richardson is the #5 target on that team (Lynch is #3 and Willson is #4). Problem is, it doesn't matter who their receivers are because so many of their catches are uncontested after Wilson scrambles around for 10 seconds. It's not like they have to get open in 2 seconds and/or make contested catches. This is another reason why the Seahawks are a bad matchup for the Pats-Revis and Browner are basically nullified.
if the pats and Seahawks make it to the SB yes Wilson will be a problem but i think BB will put Collins and Ayers to spy on him and keep him in check. i think they are a bad match up for the pats cause they have the safety's to hold Gronk in check and the CB's to shutdown the pats WR's

I still say this is a pretty good matchup for us. The colts defense is undersized. Blount/gray should be able to run the ball. And they have no answer for gronk

Cj Anderson looked pretty good at time today. .. but manning couldn't make the throws.

Luck usually makes 1 -2 boneheaded plays a game and the pats should be able to take advantage of those

the Seahawks defense is for real but they have no one at WR they just lost there #2 WR a rookie with 200 yards rec on the year if the packers hold there run game in check they will be playing in the SB

Don't sleep on Baldwin, Kearse, Helfet or Willson.

Let's see what "trick play" the Patriots will pull on the Colts...
:rolleyes:

I absolutely hope the team treats Colts like the Ravens. Don't underestimate anybody. Play like you're the underdog, like you're the one nobody believes in. Always.

if the pats and Seahawks make it to the SB yes Wilson will be a problem but i think BB will put Collins and Ayers to spy on him and keep him in check. i think they are a bad match up for the pats cause they have the safety's to hold Gronk in check and the CB's to shutdown the pats WR's

I hope that will work, but Ayers is not close to the caliber of athlete that Wilson is. Collins is, but are you going to waste him as a spy? That means he is not rushing and he is not covering anybody. I think Bill will have a plan, but the best matchup for our D as presently constructed is a conventional passing team, not a running/improv pass team like SEA.

Let's see what "trick play" the Patriots will pull on the Colts...
:rolleyes:
Altho bobdigital would disagree, I'm sure Bill has something special in mind for the colts. Bill and Brady have all intentions of winning #4 and they will leave nothing on the table.

I have to work here in Australia next monday. Boss said I can watch on Gamepass on my pc..best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back