PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adversity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redman443

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
This was an extremely tough loss. No doubt the pats haters are having a *********** over it. If just 2 or 3 things go differently, we win the game but it is what it is.

When Championship teams face adversity, they power through it and come out stronger. The 2014 team (who also lost to Miami on the road) faced plenty of it, especially after that infamous game at Arrowhead when many were saying Brady was done.

We were on to Cincinnati then, and now we’re on to Pittsburgh. It’s going to depend on if these veterans can put this behind them and focus on winning everything else- because if we win out, we will be the #2 seed which most teams would do anything to have.

I’m confident this group can return to championship level football like we are accustomed to seeing.

Rant over

this was an extremely tough loss. No doubt the pats haters are having a *********** over it. If just 2 or 3 things go differently, we win the game but it is what it is. When Championship teams face adversity, they power through it and come out stronger. The 2014 team(who also lost to Miami on the road) faced plenty of it especially after that infamous game at arrowhead when many were saying brady was done. We were on to Cincinnati then and now we’re on to Pittsburgh. It’s going to depend on if these veterans can put this behind them and focus on winning everything else because if we win out, we will be the #2 seed which most teams would do anything to have. I’m confident this group can return to championship level football like we are accustomed to seeing. Rant over

It's December though. They are what they are.

If this is the feeling that some players need to dig down deep to find the will to go full motor for a full 60 when it matters later this season, so be it.

This will be an all time embarrassing blunder reel candidate. Not just because it was us but because that was an UGLY way to lose a very winnable game. It wasn’t an epic comeback, it was a complete **** of what during the second half.

This is not a championship team though...what does this season have in common w past Patriots title teams? Absolutely nothing...
Absolutely agree, this isn’t a mentally tough team like the 2014 and 2016 teams. AND lacks talent as well, ESPECIALLY on defense, which is incredibly putrid. 2014 & 2016 teams were good road teams. 2018, a road win is almost impossible.

Look you never count this team out however I would absolutely not be surprised if they get bounced at some point before the AFC Championship game.
It's crazy. Last week you would thought they had ironed out all of the issues.
But then they come back in a tidal wave of WTF's.

This team has no consistent identity.

It's very frustrating for any fan that has their emotions invested in this team.

And I guarantee EVERY fan on this board appreciates, and loves what this team and organization has done for this fanbase over the years.

They are stumbling a bit now, and we don't like it.
It sucks to lose. Being a perennial winner or loser...losing sucks.

...and then we get up and go to work and deal with REAL issues.;)

Absolutely agree, this isn’t a mentally tough team like the 2014 and 2016 teams. AND lacks talent as well, ESPECIALLY on defense, which is incredibly putrid. 2014 & 2016 teams were good road teams. 2018, a road win is almost impossible.
I agree. That’s why they will have to prove their mental toughness. Now is the time to get to work and at least get the #2 seed.

Well, those one or two things didn't go right. This D is still just as porous as its been all season. Now Gost has the yips again for some reason. This ain't our year, folks. It ain't just one play or one game. The Pats can't play on the road this year and the D lacks the talent to go deep into the playoffs. It's okay. There'll be next year and next draft where they can jettison some of the dead weight and retool the D (and the O-line).

Look you never count this team out however I would absolutely not be surprised if they get bounced at some point before the AFC Championship game.
I agree, they may win one playoff game, only because they would play at home in the first round. After that, they’re finished.

Belichick needs to kill it in the next 2 drafts and FA periods. No excuses, no trading 2019 picks for 2021 picks, this team needs talent NOW. Need a future Brady replacement, need a Gronk replacement, and need defensive studs. I hated watching the Pats blow opportunities the last few drafts to do just that. I knew we were in trouble when Belichick blew the 2018 draft.

We always struggle in Miami. I believe 3 out of the last 4 years. The sky doesn’t have to be falling

The “we always struggle in Miami” nonsense might fly if today’s game wasn’t so similar to things we’ve seen all year

The offense is stop and go, shutting down too often and failing to put games away. Michel was useless today and he kept getting the ball on 1st down (Burkhead equally terrible). Where were the RBs in the pass game in the 2nd half?

The D is a dumpster fire. Talentless in the trenches, and inconsistent in the back end. Slow, unathletic, easily pushed off the line and unable to generate pressure unless they blitz

This isn’t a Miami issue. This is a 2018 roster and coaching issue.

If this loss was some kind of isolated incident I wouldn't worry much, ****ting the bed a couple times per year is basically to be expected.

The problem is that the Pats already similarly **** the bed against not-good teams on the road three other times before this. This team is giving off a lot of 2009 vibes.

We always struggle in Miami. I believe 3 out of the last 4 years. The sky doesn’t have to be falling

We've lost 6 of 7 down there according to the guys on the TV, don't know whether that's true, but they said LOL

Even though it went down to the last play, there were plenty of things to point fingers to from Q1 on. -- Missed field goal, and extra point. Thought early that the ep was going to bite. Then the offense/ defence folded in Q3 & 4. It takes the entire team and all 3 phases of the game for the entire game.

Finally, before it got to gronk at the end, where were the other D guys? They missed the tackle as well. He played great, just the wrong play at the end for him to be at.

That is football! It's not a W until the clock hits Q4. 0 and this one again proved anything is possible, and WHY we love the game.

This team has grit so if you want to be down on them just leave for the remainder. I'm staying to root them on for a W in P- burgh!

If this loss was some kind of isolated incident I wouldn't worry much, ****ting the bed a couple times per year is basically to be expected.

The problem is that the Pats already similarly **** the bed against not-good teams on the road three other times before this. This team is giving off a lot of 2009 vibes.

"I just can't get these guys to play they way they need to".

"I just can't get these guys to play they way they need to".
I've replayed that exact quote in my head at least 10 times during games this year. If there's a similar kind of documentary about the 2018 season, I think it will prominently feature some very telling, very similar quotes.

This just doesn't seem like the kind of team that'll will its way to wins like they did in the SB years. I could see them on the losing side of a 28-3 comeback more easily than on the winning side. Hopefully I'm just overreacting to the last month of games and they prove me wrong starting next week, but I'll be pleasantly surprised if they do

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes