PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adrian Phillips appreciation thread

The team had exactly 6 TFL during the Atlanta game. They had 4 TFL against Cleveland, and 4 against the Jets. Clearly my laymen's observation has deceived me, these games were not defensive thrashings, in fact, they were obviously underwhelming performances.

Phillips, Hightower, McCourty, Dugger and Jackson recorded a combined ZERO TFL against the Falcons. Let's cut them for cap space.

Exactly how many TFL does a defensive player need to record to impress you?

Aside from his 1 play he hasn't been good. Don't spin it on a topic arounf TFL plays. What else has he done well ?

Phillips has been a total stud for us this year, great in the run support when needed and also our best safety in coverage against tight ends...Bill compared him to Patrick Chung.

Chung always made me nervous 15 yards beyond the LoS in coverage.

Yep... Look no farther than 10 years ago this month, Vagiants @ Pats, final drive... Exit 16Ws don't even make the ****ing POs if they had lost...

Yep... Look no farther than 10 years ago this month, Vagiants @ Pats, final drive... Exit 16Ws don't even make the ****ing POs if they had lost...
To be fair, he was just kind of bad in general before he came back from Philly, I think his only solid season of that era was 2010. It was shocking to me when he suddenly looked competent in 2014, and even crazier when he turned out to just be flat out great for years.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back