PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Add Mitchell Trubisky to possible road to Patriots QB

First, how much would it take to sign him? If we have $60 million in cap space, I think its stupid to give him $20 million. We have so many holes to fill. BB typically does not rely on the draft to fill holes. The draft is a bonus to the roster. I would be fine with vet min or up to $5 million. There is no way he is signing for that.

First, how much would it take to sign him? If we have $60 million in cap space, I think its stupid to give him $20 million. We have so many holes to fill. BB typically does not rely on the draft to fill holes. The draft is a bonus to the roster. I would be fine with vet min or up to $5 million. There is no way he is signing for that.
I agree, don't overpay... sign him if he's cheap.

The market may not be as brisk for him as many assume and the market determines worth. Cam was worth 500K guaranteed dollars. We'll never know what Trubisky will get though I'll bet Chicago comes crawling back on their knees after signing Nick Foles.

Can we just merge these ridiculous threads about the next Patriots QB?

So, maybe I should hold off on my “Steve Grogan: Option for the Pats in 2021?” thead. I did extensive research about the advances in neck roll technology since 1986.

Replace a has-been with a never-was?

If he came cheap, I’d be okay with taking a stab at him. See if he’s a bridge guy, or a reclamation project. Who knows, he could be our Tanny. Cheap and low risk would be the emphasis for me.

Trubs? No thanks, we tried a cast-off this year and he sucked. Draft a kid and develop him or keep trying with Stidham.

If he came cheap, I’d be okay with taking a stab at him. See if he’s a bridge guy, or a reclamation project. Who knows, he could be our Tanny. Cheap and low risk would be the emphasis for me.
We don’t have a Henry to take the load off a prospective Tanny of our own. For the record Tanny looked mediocre-to-bad yesterday with Henry getting brick-walled.

Dude sucks.....Newton is better

Animated GIF

Falsebisquit is trash; he was as clueless and gutless yesterday as Tannyhill was.

We don’t have a Henry to take the load off a prospective Tanny of our own. For the record Tanny looked mediocre-to-bad yesterday with Henry getting brick-walled.
We have a top 5 rushing attack. Even with the passing game as terrible as it was, our run game was still solid. A lot can definitely change from one year to the next though. I hope the team can keep that going for whomever the next QB is.

Falsebisquit is trash; he was as clueless and gutless yesterday as Tannyhill was.
As true as that may be, I have a feeling you’re going to be able to say the same thing about any QB we sign this offseason. The odds of bringing a Stafford/Ryan/JG type talent in here are pretty slim. Anything else that we bring in is going to have a ton of question marks. Hopefully the coaching staff can find someone they can work with. What I do like about Trubisky is his history playing in a ****ty weather environment and he does a pretty good job for a QB of his tier not turning the ball over. At this point though Capt. I can honestly I’m not going to be too excited about anyone we sign. Just gonna try to be as optimist as possible. :rofl:

As true as that may be, I have a feeling you’re going to be able to say the same thing about any QB we sign this offseason. The odds of bringing a Stafford/Ryan/JG type talent in here are pretty slim. Anything else that we bring in is going to have a ton of question marks. Hopefully the coaching staff can find someone they can work with. What I do like about Trubisky is his history playing in a ****ty weather environment and he does a pretty good job for a QB of his tier not turning the ball over. At this point though Capt. I can honestly I’m not going to be too excited about anyone we sign. Just gonna try to be as optimist as possible. :rofl:
Wasn’t it just 3 seasons ago Tru lit us up?

Wasn’t it just 3 seasons ago Tru lit us up?
I wouldn't call what he did "lighting us up" really... Adrian Clayborn lost containment and allowed False Biskit to trot 30 yards untouched into the EZ...Otherwise he didn't do nearly enough through the air consistently...plus we won...

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back