PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Hernanedez Cap Credit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had Brady at $13.5M.

Why my number was different than the site that starts with the letter S? As I said several times on Twitter

I had accounted for player' incentives.
Deatrich Wise's PPE
46-man active roster bonuses
Brady
Minimum salaries (Some players did not earn a credited season in 2019 because they were on IR)
Yeah, I was pretty sure that you had included the entire 13.5 from Tom Terrific (or Tampa Tom?). I suppose that I was a bit surprised that the team was a bit more cap strapped than expected even after the departure of Brady, but I think the Thuney tag is currently sucking up more money than most of us had assumed.

Any way you look at the situation, it kind of sucks to see Brady leave AND limited room for addressing other areas, at least at the moment.

Is there actually a reasonable argument for the Pats to recoup $9M in AB money?

In the everyday world I can easily see the makings of at least a couple of hands down winning arguments for it. Unfortunately between what might be the applicable language in the CBA and his specific contract it's impossible to know whether they'd be sustainable.

If AB did not disclose the situation he was in, I would think they do have one.

There was no situation until AB came to the Pats. The situation allowed AB to suit up for the Pats but Kraft changed that situation, probably for PR to help his case. I'm not confident that the Pats will get league help with their AB blunder.

Yes, but it probably relies on the NFL finding him “more likely than not” to have committed a severe criminal offense before signing with the Patriots. The civil lawsuit itself doesn’t seem to be a winning argument since it wouldn’t have taken him off the field.

It’s the same general idea as when Ezekiel Elliott was suspended, despite the lack of criminal charges, because the NFL decided that he was probably guilty. The lower standard for guilt definitely works in the Patriots’ favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots