PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Hernanedez Cap Credit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still frustrated the person was a genuine POS. I liked the player a lot. What a waste of talent - on an evil human being.

Good NE got a bit of relief.

Some good news today. Maybe they'll get the Antonio Brown relief too...

Some good news today. Maybe they'll get the Antonio Brown relief too...
Kraft is looking for that as well as Orchids of Asia relief.

Brings TB's dead cap money down to -10m?

Did the NFL wait until Brady left before releasing this? Not sure on the timing of the Brady announcement.

Did the NFL wait until Brady left before releasing this? Not sure on the timing of the Brady announcement.
No, Miguel had this about 2 hours before the Brady news and the actual decision by the NFL could have happened a while ago.

No, Miguel had this about 2 hours before the Brady news and the actual decision by the NFL could have happened a while ago.
Where’s all of this cap space that people assured us would be available all offseason long? They were throwing around 45-50m dollar figures.

Where’s all of this cap space that people assured us would be available all offseason long? They were throwing around 45-50m dollar figures.
I believe that was coming from Spotrac, which frankly just needs to leave the cap accounting to the people that know what they’re doing. They’ve been blatantly wrong on their total team cap hits for a while.

There are some reasonable differences, like how Miguel was including Brady’s whole $13.5 million when maybe only including the 2020 portion could have made sense until we knew the resolution, or how the new CBA increased minimum premiums. I think it was mostly just people using a bad source, though.

According to Miguel, the AB resolution will likely come in May after the Raiders hearing regarding AB.

Does our current cap number reflect playing AB that questionable 10m?

I have no idea where our cap stands considering the AB signing bonus.

Anyone with any insight, please enlighten me.

Cap includes what we owe AB.
For correct #s follow Miguel on Twitter.
Twitter is a cesspool but folks like Miguel make it great again.

Once again.
Please follow Miguel and stop reading these morons.

Once again.
Please follow Miguel and stop reading these morons.
Even Miguel had them in the high 20s, though, because he was including the whole 13.5 dead hit. I’m pretty sure that was the main difference with Spotrac. With the Hernandez credit, that should’ve taken them close to 30m.

Are you telling me that DMac and Thuney took up all of that space? There’s only a few million left. It just seems odd, that’s all. For the record, I’m always appreciative of Miguel’s work.

Even Miguel had them in the high 20s, though, because he was including the whole 13.5 dead hit. With the Hernandez credit, that should’ve taken them close to 30m.

Are you telling me that DMac and Thuney took up all of that space? There’s only a few million left. It just seems odd, that’s all. For the record, I’m always appreciative of Miguel’s work.
Matthew Slater: $2.5 million
Adam Butler: $3.3 million
Jermaine Eluemunor: $2.1 million

Those are cap hits, so subtract out the minimum salary guys they’re replacing in the top 51. Butler and Eluemunor have no guaranteed money in their RFA tenders.

Even Miguel had them in the high 20s, though, because he was including the whole 13.5 dead hit. I’m pretty sure that was the main difference with Spotrac. With the Hernandez credit, that should’ve taken them close to 30m.

Miguel had Brady at half of 13.5 until...

Miguel had Brady at half of 13.5 until...

I had Brady at $13.5M.

Why my number was different than the site that starts with the letter S? As I said several times on Twitter

I had accounted for player' incentives.
Deatrich Wise's PPE
46-man active roster bonuses
Brady
Minimum salaries (Some players did not earn a credited season in 2019 because they were on IR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes