PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Glenn in the mix for DC? (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey007

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score

I remember Aaron Glenn the CB. Damn good player.

Was Pepper Johnson out of football this year? 6-7 years ago, it seems like Pepper and Matt P were on parallel paths.

• Agree
Reactions: jah
Cool. Just as long as he tells our DBs to TACKLE & NOT GO FOR THE BIG HIT!!! ;)

I'm not very confident in Rap but take it for what it's worth.

Glenn played for BB during his time with the Jets. He had a long playing career, scouted for the Jetes, and spent last season as the secondary coach for the Saints which was pretty good this year, highlighted by the emergence of Marshon Lattimore.

This seems like a stretch to me, and I don't think it's an option if Flores returns, but we'll see...

Here's a good article on Glenn as a coach:

How Aaron Glenn's approach to teaching tendencies has helped the Saints' secondary improve

I'm not very confident in Rap but take it for what it's worth.

Glenn played for BB during his time with the Jets. He had a long playing career, scouted for the Jetes, and spent last season as the secondary coach for the Saints which was pretty good this year, highlighted by the emergence of Marshon Lattimore.

This seems like a stretch to me, and I don't think it's an option if Flores returns, but we'll see...

Here's a good article on Glenn as a coach:

How Aaron Glenn's approach to teaching tendencies has helped the Saints' secondary improve

I see zero chance of this.
If Flores stays he is surely DC. If he leaves Boyer is a much better candidate than bringing in a former player without coordinator experience and zero B.B. training.

The Saints secondary:

2a0b98-20180115-vikings-win03.jpg

Whoops just saw the earlier thread, mods please merge and thank you and sorry!

I don't see BB passing over Flores for Glenn.

Look at BB's history. The only time BB has gone outside the organization to hire a Coordinator for one of the 3 groupings was when he hired Scott O'Brien for Special Team in 2009 after Brad Seely left to coach with Mangini in Cleveland. BB hired O'Brien because O'Brien had been his Special Teams Coach when BB coached in Cleveland. Beyond that, they've all been in house promotions and hiring new faces for the low end positions.

OC -> Weis -> McDaniels -> B. O'Brien -> McDaniels
DC -> Crennel -> Mangini -> Pees -> Patricia

ST-> Seely -> S. O'Brien ->J. Judge

I don't see BB passing over Flores for Glenn.

Look at BB's history. The only time BB has gone outside the organization to hire a Coordinator for one of the 3 groupings was when he hired Scott O'Brien for Special Team in 2009 after Brad Seely left to coach with Mangini in Cleveland. BB hired O'Brien because O'Brien had been his Special Teams Coach when BB coached in Cleveland. Beyond that, they've all been in house promotions and hiring new faces for the low end positions.

OC -> Weis -> McDaniels -> B. O'Brien -> McDaniels
DC -> Crennel -> Mangini -> Pees -> Patricia

ST-> Seely -> S. O'Brien ->J. Judge
I agree, but the issue is whether or not Flores gets the HC gig in Arizona.

I agree, but the issue is whether or not Flores gets the HC gig in Arizona.

I don't think it's an issue at all. I think that BB would be more than willing to give control of the defense over to Boyer or Daly. Both have been with the team awhile and both have some good achievements. Daly also has experience outside the team as the D-line coach in Minnesota and in St. Louis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes