PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Starting LG Available In the late 40's

Do you pull the trigger on Collins if he's available in the 3rd or 4th? I do.

Just a crazy situation. Hoping he is exonerated and is truly innocent. If not the guy needs to fry. Not sure at this point I'd be willing to risk any draft pick Lower than a 5th. They are just too damn important.

Many on here were clamoring for John Urschel last year. The Rocket Scientist guard from PSU. He had a fabulous rookie year. Early 5th last year.

Oh, absolutely! There were actually a ton of rookie OL starters drafted on day 3 last year:

Russell Bodine
Luke Bowanko
Zach Fulton
Seantrel Henderson
Bryan Stork
John Urschel
Corey Linsley

That's a heck of a haul, representing 30% of the day-3 o-linemen. But over 80% of the OLs drafted in the top 2 rounds started as rookies. You can't assess chances of success by looking only at the positive examples (e.g. Kaczur) and not the negative (e.g. O'Callaghan, Stevenson, Elgin, Oldenburg, Bussey, Welch, etc. etc.).

IMO if you want a rookie starter on day 3, you'd better make multiple picks at the position.

IMO if you want a rookie starter on day 3, you'd better make multiple picks at the position.

We drafted three OL last year. With greater need this year, I don't see us drafting fewer. We need to remember that we had all the OL positions filled at the time of the 2014 draft, with both Connolly and Wendell available to start at center. Stork impressed so much that... Well, you know the rest.

The open question is whether we take one form each value group 1/2 round, 3/4 rounds or 5/6/7.

My new mock.

1. Shane Ray - QB Killer - Or, suspended
2. PJ Williams - CB - Someone take his keys.
3. La'el Collins - LG or on Mean Machine
3. Mother Teresa

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back