Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PonyExpress, May 22, 2020.
62 walrus years.
The thread is fundamentally incorrect in its premise.
The reason Andy Reid will not pull off this miracle is because Andy Reid is NOT a GOAT coach.
You guys need to stop kink shaming Reid for living his life in the open as his fursona, Willy the Walrus.
They have a good team now paying him a couple of mill. When they pay him 40 mill, lets see how it plays out.
While you may have a valid point, everything you just wrote is easier said than done. This happens every year.... a team wins the Super and looks damn good doing so, and people just assume they are going to be perennial contenders for years. But fact is you just don't see terribly many multiple-time champions over the past 20 years from teams not named "New England."
Seattle was going to be a dynasty. The Eagles were going to be a dynasty. Now KC is going to be a dynasty.
Bb is miles better than Andy as a coach but Chiefs have been drafting great while the patriots have not. Huge edge to Andy going forward to win more Súper bowls
I was already skeptical of how things would go for them once they have to pay Mahomes before COVID. Now that there’s the potential for the cap to stagnate or even drop, I’m highly skeptical.
So basically what you are saying is:
If Andy Reid wins a SB every other year for the next 10 years, a feat not even matched by TB/BB, he could unseat BB as the greatest coach of all time.
The same could be said of every coach in football.
Do you all remember Superbowl XXXIX?? That is all you need to know.. that was a game where BB far outcoached Reid who could not manage the clock and could not keep McNabb from throwing up on his shoes..
I know that was fnord without even looking. Good one though.
I’m a big fan of Reid. Seems like he’s had the attention of his players everywhere he goes, gets them to perform at very high levels. It says a lot when I’ve never heard or read one bad comment from player/former about the guy.
BB is the Goat without a doubt right now. But if somehow Reid was able to surpass him in wins and superbowls down the road, I’d tip my cap in a second. Highly doubt he does but I can’t think of a better coach I’d prefer taking the title of goat, if it was gonna be a non Patriot.
The best coach after Belichick right now is John Harbaugh, not Andy Reid. Reid lucked into a QB with GOAT potential. Harbaugh won the Super Bowl with Joe Flacco and managed to coach Lamar Jackson into league MVP.
In addition, Eric DeCosta is the best GM in the league right now. The Ravens are by far the most competent organization in all of football right now, with the best GM and the second-best coach.
Don’t agree on Harbaugh at all. His mom should of named him Wendy, as in Wendy whiner. Can’t be a goat and be a Wendy.
Btw, smirked pretty good when you said Andy Reed lucked into Mahomes. Couldn’t stop thinking of how BB lucked into Brady. Pretty sure you can say the greatest coaches have not done it all by themselves. There’s got to be great players along the way to help cement legendary status.
for those of u who dont know who chumley is here he is
and Andy Reid
Reid will be lucky his heart doesn't quit on him in the next 5 years.
There are several reasons why this will never happen:
1. No way is Mahommes as clutch as Brady. The dude has the best offensive talent in the league, maybe Brady eclipsed that with Tampa Bay this season.
2. That 40 to 50M dollar mega deal that Mahommes will command in 2021 will severely hamstring the team and there's no way he can do what Brady did with the same level of talent around him.
3. Mahommes is going to be done in a decade if be keeps running around like that. He's not as big as Roethlisberger or Newton. That dude will get his block knocked off. He better learn how to become more of a pure pocket passer to protect himself.
4. I don't see his throwing motion leading to longevity. Brady has a throwing motion that puts a lot of torque from other parts of his body, mahommes seems to flip the ball a lot and have a throwing motion like an MLB pitcher. That's going to wear on his elbows pretty quickly. Even Brady was saying that his elbows started tightening up within 10 years before he changed throwing motion and workout methods. Not too many QBs want to relearn their craft 10 years in.
5. Andy Reid is going to Andy Reid the clock during the final minutes. He has a penchant for miserable end of game time management.
6. There aren't too many people with BB and Bradys drive to succeed. The Superbowl hangover is real where people hesitate to get back to work after winning it all. Instead they bask in the glory longer than they should. I don't see happening with them either.
Reid traded up during the 1st round of the draft in order to select Mahomies...hardly what I would call lucking into him...
I think this is something we should remember about everyone involved in the NFL, from head coaches to QBs to the guys that clean the pads. The difference in results may seem vast, but the difference from #1 to #2 is usually inflated by the presence of other greats and luck. The difference between Brady and Manning (for example) is there, but not as big if Brady doesn't have Belichick. The difference between Belichick and Reid is there, but not as big if Belichick doesn't have Brady.
But he won't because a) he isn't nearly good enough, and b) unless Mahomes is willing to play the take one for the team game, they'll fall apart pretty quickly. I doubt he gets more than one more SB win out of that crew. BB has been to TEN SBs as HC and coordinator. He owns 8 rings.
He'd still have two fewer rings than Bill.
Bill didn’t call time out while we all screamed for him to call time out. (Seahawks SB)
Separate names with a comma.