A Note Regarding Dingleberry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
I don't normally talk about an action against another member, especially when they're no longer here to defend themselves. But I'm going to provide this for clarity since many of you took part in his contest. However, I'm not going to leave this open because I'm still frustrated over this situation, and I'm not going to drag this out. If you want to discuss it, you can PM me.

He's been removed from the forum. This is a result of multiple months and close to 30 actions where he intentionally did things to irritate me after I specifically asked him not to numerous times, only to go out of his way to continually do things with the sole purpose of causing an issue or just to spite me.

It reached a point where it became essentially a public "f" you to me, and I think everyone in here knows I would bend over backwards for all of you, him included. And I did from the time he started his contest, and I've always done my best to accommodate him, and I thought we had a decent relationship.

I think anyone with a question needs to remember just how much it takes for me to ever reach a point to remove a member. I never, ever want to do it. It escalated when he pushed the envelope, and I finally took an action and removed him from a thread. He wasn't pleased with having something enforced after doing something literally immediately after I asked him not to, and decided that his sole goal from there was going to be to make my life difficult.

Most of this centered on politics, which as you guys know, I have zero interest in. However, in this case, it started when he began adding political statements to his signature, which I literally had to remove well over a dozen times, and he kept doing it even though I asked him not to.

From there, he started dragging politics into various threads, and playing dumb about it. I've been letting it go for weeks, deleting posts as he's been doing it, and it then became clear that he was going to up his game, doing things knowing exactly what he was doing and then basically saying, "What's the big deal?"

I've asked him point-blank why he was doing it, and he just laughed it off and played dumb. It was 100% not cool, and I absolutely didn't appreciate it. And frankly, I certainly don't think I deserve it. However, I still continued letting it go, because again, as you guys know, I really try to make things work and ignore this stuff.

However, he wanted to make a statement. He started a thread the other night with "Abortion" as the title. Again, changing the subject within the thread, but it was obvious what he was doing. He started a similar one shortly after, which I also removed. Then another last night, complaining about the thread he was removed from. It was clear that he didn't care what I thought, and clearly, no amount of attempts by me to reason with him was going to get him to stop.

There are hundreds of you in here, many of whom have been here for over a decade, some even longer than that. Every single one of you in here has always been courteous and done what I've asked. The rules are pretty lenient in here, and the majority of moderation in the main forum has been pretty laid back over the last year plus. Very little is dealt with, and there have honestly been few issues. Politics in the main forum is really the one thing that isn't allowed.

To be honest, I tend to have a short memory with all this stuff, and I just move on whenever anything happens. I don't hold a grudge and I get the fact we're all human and everybody gets heated once in a while and goes too far. Everyone is different. I get it. That's why it's generally not a big deal.

But when it reaches a point where someone is specifically going out of their way to cause an issue with any mod, even after they've been asked to stop, that's a problem.

I would certainly like to think anyone here who has been here for any amount of time knows I have zero interest in seeking out a conflict. We all have families and lives to lead, and this place is just supposed to be a distraction from the day-to-day, whether it's our jobs, the world, or whatever. I absolutely don't hop on here looking for ways to get into it or irritate anybody. That's counterproductive.

At the end of the day, life's too short, and this is a community with so many great people, some of whom we've lost over the years and one we obviously just lost recently. All of you are the reason why I keep grinding away at our little corner of the internet, and why I'll continue doing it as long as I can.

But at any rate, that's the story. Thank you to everyone who has been supportive and made the effort to try and keep this place relatively sane and keep things going. I genuinely appreciate it. Obviously, this hasn't been an ideal season, and like everybody else, I'm certainly curious to see how the next 11 weeks play out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft