PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A "Mock" Congressional Hearing against the League, the Colts, Ted Wells, and others (PATSFAN STYLE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul_Survivor88

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
So I've been compiling a list of questions that the NFL has not answered, or has attempted to lie about. My goal is to present these questions in a letter to my Congressman. Which made me wonder what an ideal Congressional Hearing would look like!

Try to imagine yourself sitting on the bench with other Congressmen. Cameras are flashing all around you, and right there, looking up towards you, are the very culprits who framed the Patriots. Now is your time to investigate and interrogate! Now is your time to get to the bottom of all this!

Disclaimer: Remember, this is happening in public, so you need to keep your questions simple. Keep your questions short, without going too much into detail. And I know you all would like to speculate and debate, but really, I like us to focus on this exercise. This way, we can start to gather a comprehensive list of relevant questions.

Question to League Official: "The NFL was notified before the AFC Championship Game, that the Patriots may have been tampering with footballs. Where did these allegations originate from? And if you knew about these suspicions beforehand, and wanted to uphold "the integrity of the game," then why did you allow the Patriots to play with these footballs? Why did you wait until after the game had already started, before measuring and correcting the air pressure of the footballs?"

(How was that? Is there a better way of asking that^^ question? )

Okay, now it your turn to fire away......my fellow "Congressmen" :cool:

Question to League Official: Noting the type of work that Exponent has done in the past, why did you use them again in this investigation? They have been known to be bias to their client. Please explain.

Question to League Official: Noting the type of work that Exponent has done in the past, why did you use them again in this investigation? They have been known to be bias to their client. Please explain.

Answer to Congressmen: Well Congressmen, we've mentioned repeatedly that Mr. Wells was operating as an independent investigator. My understanding is that his firm has worked with Exponent closely in the past, and we left it up Mr. Wells firm to decide how best to carry forth the investigation.

Answer to Congressmen: Well Congressmen, we've mentioned repeatedly that Mr. Wells was operating as an independent investigator. My understanding is that his firm has worked with Exponent closely in the past, and we left it up Mr. Wells firm to decide how best to carry forth the investigation.

Question to League Official: So then this NYT article showing that Exponent "arguing that secondhand smoke does not cause cancer"

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/science-firm-wells-report-secondhand-smoke/262457

Please explain this.

Good article by the way.....

"Mr. Goodell,

As it has been widely reported, you are a control freak that makes people wait to eat. No one dares picking up a slice of pizza before you. That being the case, how could you not know of the false PSI numbers being represented to the public and Patriots organization? You never watch your own network? The news? Read a paper? I breathlessly await your response."

Question to League Official: So then this NYT article showing that Exponent "arguing that secondhand smoke does not cause cancer"

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/science-firm-wells-report-secondhand-smoke/262457

Please explain this.

Answer to Congressman: I haven't read this article, and I am not in a position to speak for the credentials of this specific research firm. Like I've said before, we gave Mr. Wells full authority to decide where and whom to go to for his own individual investigation. And we knew this to be the best relationship to have, being as we were, committed to upholding the independence of the investigation.

"Mr. Goodell,

As it has been widely reported, you are a control freak that makes people wait to eat. No one dares picking up a slice of pizza before you. That being the case, how could you not know of the false PSI numbers being represented to the public and Patriots organization? You never watch your own network? The news? Read a paper? I breathlessly await your response."

Goodell: I'm sorry Congressman. I don't know what numbers you're referring to.

Answer to Congressman: I haven't read this article, and I am not in a position to speak for the credentials of this specific research firm. Like I've said before, we gave Mr. Wells full authority to decide where and whom to go to for his own individual investigation. And we knew this to be the best relationship to have, being as we were, committed to upholding the independence of the investigation.

Goodell????

Who from your office leaked false information to Chris Mortenson?
Why did you decide against correcting the false information that 11 of 12 balls were 2 psi under regulation?
As this false information became the lead story on CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, and all over the rest of the news and you watched one of the greatest players and teams getting smeared, why did you still choose to not correct it?
Is that not the same as lying?
How is that not defamation?
Why did you directly lie to the Patriots?
Once you learned about the ideal gas law and that the balls measured by the gauge Anderson said he used fell into the predicted range, why did you still open a multi million dollar investigation?
Are you stupid, conniving, or both?

This seemingly deliberate or careless failure to leave the info out there could play a big part in a defamation lawsuit (which I want Brady to pursue so bad) against the NFL.

It was after Brady did that press conference (under the impression of the false info being 'true') where he was getting bashed non-stop, called a liar, mocked on TV, newspapers, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back