PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A great team beat the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

shirtsleeve

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I'm sure this has already been said, but I haven't had the heart to look till now. There was only one team on the planet who could beat the Pats, and they did last night. Yup, the Pats beat the Pats last night. Like I said, this I am Quite sure, has already been pointed out. The Donks did nothing all night on O, wheras the Pats moved the ball well from the 2nd qtr on. The final stats are even misleading. After 3 qtrs, the Pats were statistically even more in control than the final stats show. But stats dont win games. I cant even credit the Donks for any of the turnovers. Baileys run was the result of an errant throw by TB. When was the last time Troy muffed a punt. And since when does a punter knock a ball out on a wuss hit like that. Oh, well, with that off my chest, I may or may not post for a while, or even log on. When the push of this board goes to the off-season and the future, I will be back, but I dont want to look back in the mirror any more..... :(

NEM said:
Yes, a great team beat them. And, here they are.

Referee: Jeff Triplette (42)
Line Judge: Jeff Seeman (45)
Field Judge: Duke Carroll (11) Umpire: Jeff Rice (44)
Side Judge: Greg Meyer (78)
Replay Official: Bob Boylston () Head Linesman: Tony Veteri (36)
Back Judge: Gregory Steed (12)
Video Operator: David Coleman ()

grapes-print.jpg

HAHAHA Sour grapes I love it....."We beat ourselves" "The refs beat us" hahaha keep it going, it takes a WEAK football fan to resort to those...

broncoted said:
HAHAHA Sour grapes I love it....."We beat ourselves" "The refs beat us" hahaha keep it going, it takes a WEAK football fan to resort to those...

I tend to agree. I think this proves that some Patriots fans aren't as great of fans as they think they are.

shirtsleeve said:
I'm sure this has already been said, but I haven't had the heart to look till now. There was only one team on the planet who could beat the Pats, and they did last night. Yup, the Pats beat the Pats last night. Like I said, this I am Quite sure, has already been pointed out. The Donks did nothing all night on O, wheras the Pats moved the ball well from the 2nd qtr on. The final stats are even misleading. After 3 qtrs, the Pats were statistically even more in control than the final stats show. But stats dont win games. I cant even credit the Donks for any of the turnovers. Baileys run was the result of an errant throw by TB. When was the last time Troy muffed a punt. And since when does a punter knock a ball out on a wuss hit like that. Oh, well, with that off my chest, I may or may not post for a while, or even log on. When the push of this board goes to the off-season and the future, I will be back, but I dont want to look back in the mirror any more..... :(

I totally agree, a great team did beat the Pats. There was no way we could keep up with those Bears and Walter Payton. 42-10 if I remember right. That was maybe the greatest team of all time.

huskeralk said:
I tend to agree. I think this proves that some Patriots fans aren't as great of fans as they think they are.

Oh you are so wise. Stealth troll. :mad:

coltshater said:
Oh you are so wise. Stealth troll. :mad:

:eek: Stealth troll? Not quite but I'm not a hypocrite if that's what you mean.

huskeralk said:
:eek: Stealth troll? Not quite but I'm not a hypocrite if that's what you mean.

Ding, Ding, Ding!... We have a winner!

If the Broncos lose next week, do you have any Colts or Steelers fans in your family?

coltshater said:
Ding, Ding, Ding!... We have a winner!

If the Broncos lose next week, do you have any Colts or Steelers fans in your family?

It's like this. I don't care who would have beat us. Regardless of who it was, they beat us, it's that simple. All of the excuse making puts you in the same class as Steelers, Colts and Eagles fans. Enjoy.

shirtsleeve said:
I'm sure this has already been said, but I haven't had the heart to look till now. There was only one team on the planet who could beat the Pats, and they did last night.

It's not our fault all our drives started in pats territory, you can't get big numbers with a short field genius.

It shouldn't have been that close, that 4th and 1 call was terrible, fade to lelie, we should've killed your team worse.

Boom !!!!!!!!!

DXF11801150413.jpg

Cry all you want, we caused 4 of those turnovers.

Keep crying like a baby though.

:rocker: :singing:

I make no excuses. The refs wouldn't have had the opportunity to stick it to the Pats if there were no turnovers to begin with. I state fact. The Donks did nothing offensively last night. 1 drive, 3 points. 98 yds on the ground. Just over 200 in the air. And think how many of those came in the 4th qtr. From Q2 on the Pats moved the ball at will on them. We just kept shooting ourselves in the...foot. Adam misses a chip shot field goal? The Texans would have outscored the Pats last night when they have 1st and goal at the 1 over and over again. The Pats beat themselves and have themselves to blame. The Donks deserve ZERO credit.

I that's fine if you want to think like that, but using that logic none of your Superbowls are legit because Peyton Manning beat the Colts, not the Patriots....

huskeralk said:
It's like this. I don't care who would have beat us. Regardless of who it was, they beat us, it's that simple. All of the excuse making puts you in the same class as Steelers, Colts and Eagles fans. Enjoy.

Just because the Broncos beat us (and they did), doesn't mean you have to suck up to their trolls... this is around the 6 or 7th post I've seen you make, and in every single one you just agree with and praise whatever the trolls say.

They have a point, Denver did beat New England. They outlasted us, they forced fumbles, they made the clutch plays. But none of that adds up to what the trolls claim ("WE OUTPLAYS YOU BRADY SUCKS OUR DIFENCE RULES WE R TEH BETTER TEEM").

If all you can see is the final score and fumble count, you really aren't much of a New England fan. Call me a hypocrite if you want, but I was fair about the game before (I never bought in to the "we're already in the afcc" hype), and I'm fair about it now.

broncoted said:
I that's fine if you want to think like that, but using that logic none of your Superbowls are legit because Peyton Manning beat the Colts, not the Patriots....

No. Ty Law beat the Colts.

:rocker:

Bronco Freak said:
It's not our fault all our drives started in pats territory, you can't get big numbers with a short field genius.

It shouldn't have been that close, that 4th and 1 call was terrible, fade to lelie, we should've killed your team worse.

Well, maybe we'll get the chance to play you again next year. The playoffs, even. That would be welcome, as far as I'm concerned.

---------------------
"Gen. McAuliffe, the Krauts have us surrounded on all sides and say we have to surrender or they will decimate us to the last man. What do you say?"

"Tell 'em I say, 'Nuts.'"

////

Fogbuster said:
Well, maybe we'll get the chance to play you again next year. The playoffs, even. That would be welcome, as far as I'm concerned.

---------------------
"Gen. McAuliffe, the Krauts have us surrounded on all sides and say we have to surrender or they will decimate us to the last man. What do you say?"

"Tell 'em I say, 'Nuts.'"

////

Congratulations to the Broncos Football Team but not their spoiled rotten fans who think they are entitled to everything. The fans are the ones I want to stick it too.

Guess what, They stuck it to me last night.

Broncos did win

Unlike the Steelers, the Pats could not overcome everything that went against them and thats to their detriment. Good teams take advantage of opportunities, hats off to the Broncos for doing that. Still, there is nothing wrong with fans agonizing over what their team, and what the refs did wrong. Neither is an easy thing to watch.

NEM said:
Bullcrap...If you read most of my posts , since the game, you will see where I stated, many times, that the fumbles and int did not help matters.

That being said, we proved that the Broncos are not as great as some people are making them out to be.

TWICE they had the ball placed on the one yard line for them and it amounted to 14 points.

And both of those were WRONG, dead wrong, but there is nothing we cn do about it.

1: The PI call was total crap.

2: The ball went out of bounds from the end zone, of that there is no doubt....and should have been ruled a touchback.

In fact, I just heard that someone who rarely, if ever, criticizes the officials, did have some comments about the officiating crew....and that person was Bill Belichick.

That being said, according to your statement, "Maybe BB isn't as great a fan, or coach, as he thinks. Right?

Sorry to disagree with you, it is not sour grapes...we lost....

But those were crucial, absolutely crucial officals decisions that were, BOTH WRONG.

I'll give you the PI call. It was crap. But we have had more than enough questionable calls go our way that I feel like I have no room to complain. The Bailey fumble at the goal line could not possibly be overturned. Whether it was a touchback or not I couldn't tell but that's the point. It wasn't indistutable evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News