PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A great team beat the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
PATSNUTme said:
Yes, he is.

How would you know? You have me on your "I'm a baby and don't want to hear a differing opinion" list.

NEM said:
These officials need to be fully reprimanded publicly.

That would accomplish absolutely nothing. Peel those points off the board. Hmmm 27-7-7-3 (for the non false start call on the field goal)=10!

And that aint gonna happen. The turnovers put us in that spot in the first place. The message was clear...The Colts first, but anyone except the Pats always. Coutry wide, a Pats Panthers repeat would have been a snoozer non-starter superbowl.
In years past, we were good enough and mistake free enough to overcome this stuff. This time we imploded on ourselves. These turnovers were not the result of blistering crushing hits (as we have done in the past). They were not the result of ultra aggressive ripping at the ball. We just S**T THE BED.

NEM said:
I think it WAS indisputable. Many angles and evaluation would have indicated the ball had to go out from beyond the goal line...and I am sure it will be proven, in time.

Yes, there are questionable calls in every game, that can not be helped. These two calls were atrocious.

And, lets not forget the other one on the Pats opening drive, a NON pass interference call that even the announcers said was wrong....

A radio caller on one of the late night national shows had the best visual non physics explanation of what could not have happened I've heard so far. He said Chump went out on the one and the ball was being cradled in his right arm. The only way that ball could have gone out of bounds forward without passing through the end zone is if it passed through Chumps abdominat cavity. If it had indesputable evidence would have existed because it would have been covered with blood and guts. But it wasn't, therefore it didn't. :D

NEM said:
I think it WAS indisputable. Many angles and evaluation would have indicated the ball had to go out from beyond the goal line...and I am sure it will be proven, in time.

Yes, there are questionable calls in every game, that can not be helped. These two calls were atrocious.

And, lets not forget the other one on the Pats opening drive, a NON pass interference call that even the announcers said was wrong....

"Many angles and evlation would have indicated the ball had to go out from beyond the goal line"

Oh really, give me one? Phil Simms even said on TV that he thought it was fumbled in the playing field.

I just think you guys need to stop acting like ****ies, to be blunt with ya.

does anyone have video replay of that play from directly behind champ? because if he kicks that pylon before the ball crosses him then it's clearly a touchback.

It's pretty hard to overturn that call from the replays they showed us, but given he was inside the 1 yard line when he released the ball, there's a much much larger chance it went in the endzone and should have been ruled a touchback on the field. I thought it was a touchback right when it happened but knew it wouldn't get overturned, though after the overturned INT in the steelers game today we can't say that indisputable evidence for anything is needed. Just whatever you feel like calling can be called.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back