PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

5 random NFL thoughts

BobDigital

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I know this is early to talk about it but I am just going over fun scenarios.

#1 Pats vs GB Super bowl?

Rodgers is not on the IR and could be back the last 3 games. Right now GB is 5-4. Lets see their Lets look at the next 4 games... Ravens(4-5) Steelers (7-2), Bucs (3-6) Browns(0-9),

That is hardly murders row. If they go 2-2 and are 7-6 and they get Rodgers back for the last 3 they might go 10-6. Imagine them making the playoffs and facing the Pats in the super bowl. Now imagine Bennett catching a game winning TD in that game. That would be talked about for a long time. Let's not count GB out just yet.

I would love to avenge that super bowl 31 loss.

#2 Pats vs Rams/Philly Super bowl?

Talk about a blast from the past. If this were to happen I would hope for the Rams. Wouldn't that be something? The young upstart Rams against the mighty Patriots dynasty? If the Patriots won that it would be a fitting way to really go full circle.

Philly be a good match up too. Beat the same team 2 times to get 3 of 4? That be history repeating itself. Both games would have massive revenge factors for the fan bases. Okay no more super bowl talk..

#3 Rams lead the NFL at +134 Point differential. That is fairly massive at this point. It could be argued this makes the Rams the best NFL team right now but is it really a fair indicator?

The Rams beat Indy 46-9, NYG 51-17, The Cardinals 33-0 and Texans 33-7. Those 4 wins are a total of +130 which is pretty much their full point differential. They caught Indy week 1 when they were the absolute lowest and Brissett was at his worse. They caught the Texans without key defensive players and their QB. They caught the Giants after they already gave up on the year and that Cards gave was playing one of the worst 4-5 teams you will ever see on a day they could do nothing right (literally they are that bad... their 4 wins are 2 vs SF, The Colts and Bucs... they barely won all those games vs bottom feeders.

The rams proved they can crush bad teams but vs anyone decent they are almost point neutral. The other 5 games they are 3-2 and and one was a game they barely won vs SF.. I think this team is a bit like the 2015 Panthers. They will now have to face some good teams like the Saints, Vikings, Seattle (who beat them), Philly and the Titans. I think we are about to see them fall.

#4 KC - This team has lost 3 of its last 4 and are starting to come back down to earth. We need to keep in mind they have the tie breaker over the Pats so the Pats need to stay ahead. Looking at their schedule this will be tough.

They have 7 games left vs the Giants, Bills, Jets, Raiders, Chargers, Dolphins, Broncos.

The only winning team is the quickly imploding Bills. This worries me more than Pitt. We can win at Pitt if need be.. I think we beat Pitt in any case. At KC will be tough though.

We will be lucky if they drop 2 of those games. They might only drop 1. The Pats may very well need to go 6-1 the rest of the way to get the first seed... Not a lot of room for error here and I don't see much help coming from those teams.

#5 Titans vs Jags - The AFCS is weak. Big news flash. Both these teams are 6-3. Titans have a -8 points differential (odd for a 6-3 teams) and the Jags are +92. So a 100 point difference. Titans have the Steelers and Rams left to play. Jags have the Seahawks. They meet on week 17 again. Titans are up and have a win over them. I would argue this will likely be down to who wins come week 17 when they play each other. Oddly enough though the AFCS is considered the weakest AFC division the only other non-division leading AFC team with a winning record is the Bills and they are at 5-4 and looking in the midst of a death spiral.

Looks like we will get 2 AFCS reps at things stand.

That also means a lot of AFC teams still have playoff hopes at this point. That 6th spot is wide open and could even go to an 9-7 or even 8-8 team.

Last edited:
With or without Rodgers, I can't see the 2017 Green Bay Packers going far should they somehow make it to the playoffs. Their offensive line is awful, and they have no running game. Let's pump the brakes on their defense and not forget that was only the Bears they just beat. Chicago's offense is putrid, averaging 16.7 points per game.

Green Bay would most likely have to beat both the Rams and the Eagles on the road in order to make it to the Super Bowl. I can't envision them beating either one, never mind both.

I think that 6th seed is going to be a really bad team, my guess is either the Ravens, Bills or Oakland but all those teams have issues. I feel like the Ravens have the easiest schedule but might be the worst of the three and the Raiders are the best but have the toughest schedule.

If Watson hadn't torn his ACL I think we might have seen three playoff teams come out of the AFC South

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back