PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

49ers to start CJ Beathard vs Seattle week 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apropos of nothing, I have this fear that somehow the 49ers will never play him, but draft a QB and trade Jimmy to the Jets.

Well, it might be more than a fear... it's like a voice is saying...

eb9.gif

Why risk your high draft pick position and expose the guy that'll be the QB of your future to injury at the same time? He'll play towards the end of the season just to see how he's progressing.

Apropos of nothing, I have this fear that somehow the 49ers will never play him, but draft a QB and trade Jimmy to the Jets.

Well, it might be more than a fear... it's like a voice is saying...

eb9.gif

It doesn't matter, it's the Jets. The organization breeds dysfunction.

Jets fans always moan about the near misses, but they would have just ruined them anyways. If they drafted Peyton Manning, he would have been out of the league before the end of his rookie contract. There's no QB that could survive that **** hole.

I'd feel bad for Jimmy, but I certainly wouldn't worry about it. They'll **** it up like they usually do.

It doesn't matter, it's the Jets. The organization breeds dysfunction.

Jets fans always moan about the near misses, but they would have just ruined them anyways. If they drafted Peyton Manning, he would have been out of the league before the end of his rookie contract. There's no QB that could survive that **** hole.

I'd feel bad for Jimmy, but I certainly wouldn't worry about it. They'll **** it up like they usually do.

As much as I hate Manning, he would have been fine. Garbage human being and total fraud, bad teammate even, but he was one of the all time great regular season QBs. Nice to talk about him in the past tense.

Jimmie goes from backing up Brady and collecting Super Bowl checks to backing up C. J. Beathard. One should be careful what one wishes for.

They don't want to risk him blowing up so someone throws money at him in the off-season.

Hmmm, JG's contract is up at the end of the season. He has 1.5 meaningful career games played.
I guess the 49ers are absolutely certain of JG being their guy for 2018 -- so they plan on tagging him->giving him the multi-bank, get the suck for luck type draft pick this year while figuring out who is the deadwood to jettison, then have JG start in 2018 with a changed up cast of characters.

That would be pretty sad, watching the Jete ruin Jimmy.

Interesting that Schefter and especially Glazer got it wrong. You gotta believe that they got their info from Lynch.

Poor Jimmy can't even start ahead of a guy named Beat Head.

I really do want the 49ers to lose as many games as possible…but…I just Cannot root for a Seahags win…I just can't.

If he plays, the lack luster talent around him will force him to RUN FOR HIS LIFE. I am not certain he possesses the necessary cat like quickness to survive.

As much as I hate Manning, he would have been fine. Garbage human being and total fraud, bad teammate even, but he was one of the all time great regular season QBs. Nice to talk about him in the past tense.

I don't know. I think I was a bit overly harsh. When I really think about it, he would have been drafted when Parcells was in charge. He would have had Meshawn and Chrebet at WR his first season, and then the Jets loaded up that contract for Martin.

So Manning might have been okay for a while, but after Hess passed away and the all-consuming blackhole of suck that is Woody Johnson arrived, there's no way Manning would have eventually turned into a first ballot HOFer there. Parcells retired, Belichick left, I just don't see how Manning could have won anything. It would have been like Archie Manning all over again.

Garrapolo has been with SF for 27 days on Sunday, he should know the basics of Shanahan's offense, or enough to run it with limited play calling.. thought the idea of the NFL was to win games and fill seats, not play idiotic games..

Lets trade a 2nd and D Lew for CJ teh future

I looked at the 49ers schedule and don't see them winning another game this season. Therefore I don't think it matters whether Jimmy G plays for them this season or not. Cleveland might win one game the rest of the season, possibly two at most but equally might lose out and have zero wins.

I think the Pats will have the second pick of the second round which will be a highly valuable pick, probably enough for the Pats to ask for a 2019 1st rounder and a later round pick in 2018.

I think it's possible the 49ers do trade Jimmy but it would only be to Cleveland who have such a plethora of picks. Still, this is unlikely.

The front office are most likely pleased they have a high character, high football IQ, fast release QB, all those qualities are hard to find. With a great QB developer leading the coaching staff the 49ers likely have a franchise QB.

And the 49ers can either take Barkley as their RB or they can trade down for a QB needy team and collect more picks.

Garrapolo has been with SF for 27 days on Sunday, he should know the basics of Shanahan's offense, or enough to run it with limited play calling.. thought the idea of the NFL was to win games and fill seats, not play idiotic games..

So it looks like Jacoby is a quicker study than JAG then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing