PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

49ers signed Jermaine Cunningham

Ozymandias

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Per Rotoworld:
49ers signed DE/OLB Jermaine Cunningham.
The Patriots released Cunningham with an injury settlement early last month. Cunningham appeared in 12 games for the Pats last season, making three starts. He's notched 59 career tackles and 3.5 sacks. He's a nice piece of depth for the 49ers' undermanned defensive line in the absence of Aldon Smith.

They're also expected to sign QB John Skelton.

Buchanan is better but good luck to him.

Good player when on the juice.

how the mighty have fallen

Not surprising, Sherman is going to share his secrets. San Fran is the PED capital of the NFL. - Sorry I didn't think this one through, Sherman plays for Seattle. My mistake.

Good luck to him.

stupid azzole is a legit handle?

The 49ers have been decimated with injuries this year.

From last week:

Questionable

T Anthony Davis (shoulder), TE Vernon Davis (hamstring), S Raymond Ventrone (concussion), WR Kyle Williams (rib, knee), LB Patrick Willis (groin)

Probable

LB Navorro Bowman (wrist), C Jonathan Goodwin (elbow), RB Frank Gore (knee), G Mike Iupati (shoulder), DT Ray McDonald (ankle, ankle), CB Carlos Rogers (knee), DT Justin Smith (shoulder)​

From last week's game LT Joe Staley got his leg bent backward at the knee and WR Quinton Patton has a fractured foot. WR Mario Manningham and WR Michael Crabtree are both on Reserve/PUP, they have six players on Reserve/NFI (DT Tank Carradine, DL Quinton Dial, RB Marcus Lattimore, OT Luke Marquardt, LB Aldon Smith and CB Eric Wright), and LB Nick Moody is on in-season IR. Last week LB Patrick Willis and CB Nnamdi Asomugha were both inactive with injuries, while RB LaMichael James has only been active for one game and TE Vernon Davis hasn't been much of a factor since week one due to his hamstring.

With all their injuries it's no wonder the 49ers have not looked sharp this season. All teams have to deal with ailments but somewhere there is a tipping point. Last week they got away with a win despite playing without two of their three All-Pro linebackers; that might work against the Rams, but it won't fly against most NFL teams.

I'll be curious to see how Cunningham performs against the Texans. San Francisco only signed him to a one-year deal, which makes me think that this is only temporary and he is not in their long-range plans.

Last edited:
I'll be curious to see how Cunningham performs against the Colts. San Francisco only signed him to a one-year deal, which makes me think that this is only temporary and he is not in their long-range plans.
You mean the Texans. The Niners already played and lost against the Colts in week 3.

Their injury woes will limit them no doubt, but with how inept the Texans are, the Niners might be able to get the W this week especially with their mini-bye and playing in front of their home crowd. Though your overall point is right, any legitimate playoff contender would own them in their present state. Fortunately for them, the Texans are not.

I wish JC all the best with them, for however long that may be.

You mean the Texans. The Niners already played and lost against the Colts in week 3.

Their injury woes will limit them no doubt, but with how inept the Texans are, the Niners might be able to get the W this week especially with their mini-bye and playing in front of their home crowd. Though your overall point is right, any legitimate playoff contender would own them in their present state.

I wish JC all the best with them, for however long that may be.

Oops, thanks for catching that. Not sure what I was thinking, maybe the other AFC West team (Seattle at Indy). The Seattle-San Fran confusion in this thread is contagious.

Last edited:
The 49ers have been decimated with injuries this year.

From last week:

Questionable

T Anthony Davis (shoulder), TE Vernon Davis (hamstring), S Raymond Ventrone (concussion), WR Kyle Williams (rib, knee), LB Patrick Willis (groin)

Probable

LB Navorro Bowman (wrist), C Jonathan Goodwin (elbow), RB Frank Gore (knee), G Mike Iupati (shoulder), DT Ray McDonald (ankle, ankle), CB Carlos Rogers (knee), DT Justin Smith (shoulder)​

From last week's game LT Joe Staley got his leg bent backward at the knee and WR Quinton Patton has a fractured foot. WR Mario Manningham and WR Michael Crabtree are both on Reserve/PUP, they have six players on Reserve/NFI (DT Tank Carradine, DL Quinton Dial, RB Marcus Lattimore, OT Luke Marquardt, LB Aldon Smith and CB Eric Wright), and LB Nick Moody is on in-season IR. Last week LB Patrick Willis and CB Nnamdi Asomugha were both inactive with injuries, while RB LaMichael James has only been active for one game and TE Vernon Davis hasn't been much of a factor since week one due to his hamstring.

With all their injuries it's no wonder the 49ers have not looked sharp this season. All teams have to deal with ailments but somewhere there is a tipping point. Last week they got away with a win despite playing without two of their three All-Pro linebackers; that might work against the Rams, but it won't fly against most NFL teams.

I'll be curious to see how Cunningham performs against the Texans. San Francisco only signed him to a one-year deal, which makes me think that this is only temporary and he is not in their long-range plans.

lzgzt.gif

San Fran is a beautiful city. Cunningham has found a nice place to come in and do either very little, or absolutely nothing to help his team.

San Fran is a beautiful city. Cunningham has found a nice place to come in and do either very little, or absolutely nothing to help his team.

Then hopefully gets cut.

in which case we could trade Bequette for a first.

If he can't succeed next to Justin Smith holding two offensive lineman at once then he mind as well pack his bags.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back