PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

$30m for Brady as per Rap

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomPatriot

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing about contract length or guarantees. Pretty meaningless...

If it's real money without large parts being incentives I'd let him go at that money.

Rap isn’t super reliable but I hope it’s true

Unless Schefter reports it, I take this with a grain of salt. But paying a 43 year old $30 million per year is a bit rich for my blood. How are they going to afford a legit TE, and at least two more receivers? And why would T.B. choose to come back without a guarantee that he won't be working with junk next year?

If it's true that they are willing to give him that amount, then it confirms that the GOAT will be back.

How do we know this isn’t a one year deal with a base of $18M and $12M in unlikely incentives? Teams frequently leak stuff like this for propaganda. Don’t you think if this was a multi-year deal, the source would also include that, and anything else that’s favorable about the contract for Brady? The article says “$30M per year”. Seems intentionally worded to mislead.

I am trying to be calm but IT is hard to figure out how they want to pay Tom such amount of money and promise him legit weapons at the same time. I assume these legit weapons want to earn something as well, don't they?

I’m guessing the ONLY way to make this work is to be incredibly creative. Cap experts would know better than me, but doesn’t he count for 13.5 mill vs the cap whether he leaves or not ? So have to add 16.5 mill a year to that. How much cap space would we have left to add REAL weapons to satisfy the ALLEGED prerequisites for Brady to resign with the Pats.

Also, 30 mill+ would hurt the Pat’s defense, meaning we lose Van Noy (most likely anyway), Collins & McCourty. Does that make any sense ?

I’ve been saying from the get go, it would be a mistake to pay a 43 yo QB 30 mill. They would sacrifice their future for something that is far from guaranteed instant success. I’m not blaming the weapons only, Brady is regressing. Still a top 10 QB, but no longer elite. His last 2 playoff games resulted in 26 points offensively, ZERO TD passes and 2 INTs. I LOVE Brady, my favorite athlete of all time, in ANY sport. But he’s not the Brady we saw come back vs Atlanta, he no longer has that ability. Not worth 30 mill.

This is posturing in the media.

It is not good news for us at all.

It's meant to depress Brady's market and to make it seem as though the Patriots tried.

Kraft is willing to pay him that I doubt belichick wants that.

Regardless he takes 30 million dollars a year that's no money for tight ends receivers or an offensive line.

Last edited:
I've been saying for a long time: watch out for the Chargers. from THEIR perspective, the entire franchise could be turned around by a move for Brady. New England likes blue-collar teams that puke their guts out after leaving it all on the field.

LA likes stars. I know. I live here half the year...every night, the news is Kobe, still (unless there's a car chase). Chargers get Brady and they start selling season tickets, lots of them. Even if, from a football perspective, there was a better QB for them, Brady sells the seats.

Now, all the reports of the new house and looking for schools probably makes this less likely from BRADY'S perspective...but his TB12 dreams would be 10-times stronger in LA than New England. Notice which cheerleaders Gronk's dancing with...

Give the man what he wants. It’s only two years and we still don’t even have our future QB set yet.

You pay the GOAT whatever he wants for two years. Draft the heir apparent. And by the time Brady is retired, the next guy was trained by the best to ever do and we still had two more years added to our Super Bowl window.

And while people are freaking out about the reported price tag, I think Tom knows just as well as we do that he can’t seriously take that much money and expect a competitive team to be put around him.

This is all a respect thing. He’ll take less, just as long as Kraft shows him the respect he deserves.

I detect a lie

images.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes