PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT 2024 NEP 3RD Overall Pick - DRAKE MAYE

Just watched Drake's Gillette intro press conference. I hope the culture shock of living in New England isn't too hard on him.

It more of a "once bitten, twice shy" thing with me. I went all-in on Mac and I'm hesitant to do so with this kid.

Like I said, I'm optimistic but also in wait and see mode since the coaching staff is still a big question mark. However i don't think McAdoo/AVP will be worse than Judge/Patricia.
Understand.. I'll say this. The coaching staff has been in the league, AVP has league experience, springer and of course mayo. It's not like we are asking someone coming from the college ranks to run everything. I don't believe the current staff is getting enough respect.

We as fans just seen how bad it had gotten under Bill so we need to be shown in order for us to believe.

Drake Maye reminds me of Gronk as far as being goofy, he definitely has that. As well as his relationship with his brothers, very Gronk like. He’s what you imagine what Gronk would be if he was a QB, goofy, but deadly serious and super competitive on the field.
In that case, let’s hope he’s kicking people outta the club in a year or so

For some reason he reminds me of how gronk and his family were when he came into the league.

Well, being youngest of four boys plays into that. (They're all taller than him, which is interesting.) He seems to be pretty gregarious but also serious about doing his job. A pretty likable kid.

TBH, Maye was the guy I wanted the entire pre-draft process. I thought we lost him when we won in Denver/Pittsburgh late in the season.

I was preparing myself to fall in love with Jayden Daniels while hoping the kid's thin frame wouldn't break down....and I was wary of J.J. McCarthy...while a good prospect...I also didn't like his thin frame.

Maye fits our northeastern inclement weather...the only concern is his hand size which is slightly on the smaller side (9 1/8"...Mahomes is 9 1/4" and Brady was about 9 3/8" for reference) and his footwork. Belichick broke him down on tape last night...but I saw a lot of throws made off the back of his foot that Mac could only dream of throwing..... his upside is unlimited, IMO.

Well, being youngest of four boys plays into that. (They're all taller than him, which is interesting.) He seems to be pretty gregarious but also serious about doing his job. A pretty likable kid.
Yes, I believe he's a very smart kid. Love his confidence him saying he can make every throw and will hold guys accountable. Love that. I want to see who we take to protect his blindside.

Drake Maye reminds me of Gronk as far as being goofy, he definitely has that. As well as his relationship with his brothers, very Gronk like. He’s what you imagine what Gronk would be if he was a QB, goofy, but deadly serious and super competitive on the field.
He also makes me think of Gronk a lot, but with a southern charm mixed in lol. There are definitely parallels as far as his happy-go-lucky spunky high energy nature, having all these older brothers who are all athletes...

Now I wanna see Maye and Gronk interact lol

He also makes me think of Gronk a lot, but with a southern charm mixed in lol. There are definitely parallels as far as his happy-go-lucky spunky high energy nature, having all these older brothers who are all athletes...

Gronk retired too soon, imagine the touchdown celebrations between those two.

I’m just happy the mac era is over. I have a feeling Maye won’t be as whiny as Mac so that’s already a plus

I would love to see them interact as teammates ;).

I know that’s not gonna happen, but hopefully they get one of the best TEs in the draft. I’m a big fan of Ben Sinnott, he reminds me of Sam LaPorta, would love to get him in the 3rd round. A good TE is a young QBs best friend.

I’m just happy the mac era is over. I have a feeling Maye won’t be as whiny as Mac so that’s already a plus
I was so happy when they traded Mac. You just can’t have him here and draft a QB at 3. It was a great move by management. So glad Maye is here.

I would love to see them interact as teammates ;).

I know that’s not gonna happen, but hopefully they get one of the best TEs in the draft. I’m a big fan of Ben Sinnott, he reminds me of Sam LaPorta, would love to get him in the 3rd round. A good TE is a young QBs best friend.
Drake loves to throw the seam too. He will be BFFs with Hunter Henry

Watched Drake's intro press conference at Gillette, he introduced his brothers and his girlfriend up on stage. He said he's been dating his girlfriend since SEVENTH GRADE?? Good lord. Talk about wholesome

Watched Drake's intro press conference at Gillette, he introduced his brothers and his girlfriend up on stage. He said he's been dating his girlfriend since SEVENTH GRADE??
Monogamy for such a long time,
I think he will be a bust
Good lord. Talk about wholesome

When are the jerseys coming out ? Can’t wait
Talking about jerseys , will their be new uniforms?

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back