PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread 2023 Week 1 OFFICIAL Game Thread: Patriots vs Eagles

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah. It’s Mac.

Sure! I mean we can run the ball. We are averaging less than two yards a carry. When you can run the ball like that, it takes all the pressure off the QB and he should have all day to make passes. The o-line is fine.

EDIT: I meant Stevenson.

The punter isn’t horrible…so that’s something?

They called the tiki tack hold in the end zone on the patriots. But not the contact early twice now by the Eagles.
Yeah, that is frustrating. Dugger barely touched his man's jersey with his hand only and they called it. But the Eagles can knock their guy before the ball gets there and it's fine. I suppose you could say he was "playing the ball"...

He completely stopped and rotated to one hand the ball. Trying to accelerate from a dead stop, he got stripped.

A quality throw? The stop, rotation, and strip are unlikely to occur.
It was not a good throw.

Doesn’t on the surface, but this OL is getting absolutely zero push in the run game
If the run game doesn't get established, ol' Mac is gonna get knocked silly.

Every throw has a receiver with a defender velcro'd to him can we get some of the wide open **** Mahomes and Allen get? Or are we getting em an Mac just isn't seeing it?

Another inaccurate throw leads to a tougher catch and incompletion. So much for Mac's accuracy.
The DB hit Bourne knocking him a foot or two to his right.

Reactions: Ian
Billy B has a little bit of Josh in him. Takes him too long to realize the run up the middle is not there….yet continues to try and waste downs!
Josh was allergic to the run game...he frequently abandoned it for his proffered empty set so he could show everyone how smart he wasn't.

Refs sucking too today. Maybe it can be used as an all around get it outta the system day

Just got off work and Philly already has a 90% win percentage. Damn at least let me enjoy the first half..

The one thing everyone said about Mac Jones who liked him was he's physically limited but smart and pin point accurate but right now his accuracy is awful so you have pretty much nothing positive to work with.

People will blame OL, WR, coaching, why can't people just admit Mac Jones is not good, has never been good (he was OK as a rookie) and will never be good.

I want to believe.
Matt Coral where ever you are you have a golden opportunity.

Good Lord - by the time the 4th quarter rolls around, “Mac Island” is gonna be forever known as “Mac’s Atoll”…..

Where's the chatroom?

No holding on however was on Wise? That was glaring

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results