PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2022 NFL Scouting Combine 1st to 7th March

Scotty

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
The combine is with us from the 1st to 7th March and I thought I would start a thread about it. I am terrible with social media but if any posters have found good twitter reports etc maybe they could go here ??

I'll be keeping an extra eye on the Corners, Lb's and Wr's....probably even the big fat bodies on the D-line.

Yep, it's CBs, WRs, DTs, DEs & OTs for me... I'm not going to focus on early-round (1 & 2) LBs because of our more glaring needs up front & at CB; and besides, none of them before Troy Anderson really interests me right now anyway... And as for QB, RB, TE, Safety & STs? Fuhgeddaboutit...

Anyone confirm as to who from the Pats is attending the Combine ? I think it as Wolf and one other but not sure.

Yep, it's CBs, WRs, DTs, DEs & OTs for me... I'm not going to focus on early-round (1 & 2) LBs because of our more glaring needs up front & at CB; and besides, none of them before Troy Anderson really interests me right now anyway... And as for QB, RB, TE, Safety & STs? Fuhgeddaboutit...
The lb class looks deep , I think you can get a good prospect there late second if you wanna trade up for someone you like
For me it is CB and DE with our first pick
DT not because we need run stoppers and I don’t see the idea to draft one at 21 who has like 25-35 snaps and is exhausted to easy for my taste even tough he will change someone‘s defense
Pass rush or coverage is more important imo , our pass rush was not as good as I hoped besides Judon and barmore and the other guys coming back is not sth we can reliy on
If JC leaves CB seems obv

The LB class looks deep, I think you can get a good prospect there late second if you wanna trade up for someone you like.
Late 2nd? I'm thinking late 3rd, at the earliest, for a LB... And I'm not doing ANY trade-ups this year; we simply don't have the resources.

For me it is CB and DE with our first pick...
Bingo.

...DT not because we need run stoppers and I don’t see the idea to draft one at 21 who has like 25-35 snaps and is exhausted to easy for my taste even tough he will change someone‘s defense
Agreed; I'd rather have UConn's Travis Jones early in the 3rd round after trade-downs than either of the UGA DTs at #21, e.g.

Pass rush or coverage is more important imo , our pass rush was not as good as I hoped besides Judon and Barmore and the other guys coming back is not sth we can rely on
If JC leaves CB seems obv
Yep; our non-Judon pass rush sucked, and without Mr I-N-T our CBs will be T-R-A-S-H.

You would think this would be obvious to more people...

40 yard times...

Watson - 4.38
Olave - 4.39
Robinson - 4.44
Burks - 4.55
Bolden - 4.66

40 yard times...

Watson - 4.38
Olave - 4.39
Robinson - 4.44
Burks - 4.55
Bolden - 4.66

Christian Watson is insane... He's a Day 2 pick now for sure.

Bolden lost money with his 40... His last chance to be drafted at all will come from his shuttle & cone times... Though having him go UDFA will be good news for us...

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back