PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 Draft Prospects

Thanks again for all the work you do. It certainly helps on what players to look out for in the games that are available to me.
Sigh.. certainly the earliest date I have started to look at prospects, usually I wait until the Christmas holidays. Be safe everyone.

I’m hoping if no Trevor then Fields would be the next QB to go in the draft. We have a good shot at landing him.

You can definitely develop this kid.

Of course there is a chance if we are top 5 in draft and.....BB notices QB should be addressed.

You can definitely develop this kid.

I usually try to stay away from OSU and USC qbs because for whatever reason they don’t really pan out. But I agree with you on fields. He looks head and shoulders above past OSU qbs.

I’m hoping if no Trevor then Fields would be the next QB to go in the draft. We have a good shot at landing him.
I like Fields a lot as a college QB, unsure how he'll translate to the NFL

Don't really love this Qb class, but I like Lawrence a lot (although I'm not 1000% sold) and Lance is very intriguing

I usually try to stay away from OSU and USC qbs because for whatever reason they don’t really pan out. But I agree with you on fields. He looks head and shoulders above past OSU qbs.
I mean, they’ve really never had a highly touted QB. Haskins was the first guy to get drafted in the first round for a very long time

Based on our draft position, 9th overall, we could draft:

1st round - wr waddle of Alabama. Super sudden, play maker, speed. Perfect for our offense.

2nd round - dt Jordan Davis of Georgia. Big run stuffer who can clog the middle.

Two huge holes filled. We just have to keep bb from wasting a second round pick on a defensive back!

1st round - wr waddle of Alabama. Super sudden, play maker, speed. Perfect for our offense.

2nd round - dt Jordan Davis of Georgia. Big run stuffer who can clog the middle.

Two huge holes filled. We just have to keep bb from wasting a second round pick on a defensive back!

Who should throw to Waddle? Cam "can't throw" Newton? don't think BB picking WR that high, likely trade down for additional picks
not that I would not like Waddle end up playing for Patriots

For the 2nd round a Safety or CB is already written in stone, everyone knows that:rofl:

I hope we can get some Coverage ILB with speed thats why i picked in recent mock drafts Karamoah(don't know if I wrote it right) cause he is supposed to be good in coverage. Haven't looked into him though. I wouldn't have a Problem with a IDL early as well. I kinda want to get a top WR with the First Pick as well but its tough we need a qb barely..so i thought the Chance might be better to sign a FA WR and draft a qb but idk..

I can go along with that. Only dilemma I have is where do we get a QB.

I think bb gives the reigns to stidham next season, unless he can get Lawrence in the 2021 draft.

even if stidham bombs, remember Howell is there for the top of the 2022 draft.

I think bb gives the reigns to stidham next season, unless he can get Lawrence in the 2021 draft.

even if stidham bombs, remember Howell is there for the top of the 2022 draft.
I don’t see how BB can sell starting Stidham next year to the other players, the Krafts, and the fans if he doesn’t give him a legitimate shot this year once the team is knocked out of the playoff race. If we aren’t in the hunt there’s no reason not to put Stidham in.

I don’t see how BB can sell starting Stidham next year to the other players, the Krafts, and the fans if he doesn’t give him a legitimate shot this year once the team is knocked out of the playoff race. If we aren’t in the hunt there’s no reason not to put Stidham in.
Do you think it says a lot of how the coaches think of Stidham if he does Not get a shot this season if Cam keeps playing bad? Not long enough familiar with BB so i am not sure

Depending on who comes back from opt outs or injuries I am starting to think that IDL and ILB are starting to gain more importance in the 2021 draft. I just think this is going to be at least a 2 year plan to get the players we need from a draft.

Depending on who comes back from opt outs or injuries I am starting to think that IDL and ILB are starting to gain more importance in the 2021 draft. I just think this is going to be at least a 2 year plan to get the players we need from a draft.
I have to agree. If we play our way out of position to draft one of the top qbs ( I’m not putting Zach wilson with the top 3 just yet)coming out this year I think we have to try and get Micah parsons. I think he’s the linebacker that can really solidify that position for us. As of right now I don’t think there is really a top defensive tackle in the draft that warrants a top 10 pick, assuming that’s what we end up with.

Bc has ton of guys with bloodlines.

vrabel’s kid had a nice game today.

linstron’s brother looked good at center today.
I decided to use ° next to the names on my list bc of all the bloodlines. A ton in this draft.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back