PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2020 Wild Card Weekend

Brady will avoid LA. The Bucs most likely path to the SB will be:

at WFT

at GB

at NO

vs KC
If Brady gets through that gauntlet then it would be the greatest achievement of his already outrageously impressive career. Not even I can fathom he will be able to pull that off.

When they came back from 28-3 I was calculating all of the different scoring scenarios for them to catch-up. Down by 10 in the fourth quarter to the Legion of Boom I knew they still had a good chance at a comeback.

But taking down MVP Rodgers in Lambeau, sending Brees into retirement, and beating Mahomes again in the postseason to win a 7th ring... that would have to be the ultimate pinnacle, right? In year one with a new team under extraordinary circumstances to boot.

Ah the insufferable gloating... you'll never get rid of me.

If Brady gets through that gauntlet then it would be the greatest achievement of his already outrageously impressive career. Not even I can fathom he will be able to pull that off.

When they came back from 28-3 I was calculating all of the different scoring scenarios for them to catch-up. Down by 10 in the fourth quarter to the Legion of Boom I knew they still had a good chance at a comeback.

But taking down MVP Rodgers in Lambeau, sending Brees into retirement, and beating Mahomes again in the postseason to win a 7th ring... that would have to be the ultimate pinnacle, right? In year one with a new team under extraordinary circumstances to boot.

Ah the insufferable gloating... you'll never get rid of me.

I agree if that happens

I would like to see Brady vs Rodgers

I think Rodgers wins.

Saturday the upset is The Football Team wins, it is the name.

Sunday the upset is The Titans wins, it is the coach, Mike Vrabel.

Here is my full Saturday WC weekend break down game by game. I will do Sunday another time.

1:05 Colts @ Bills

Colts - The Colts are an 11-5 team that in reality are more like an 8-8 team. Maybe even worse. They aren't particularly talented anywhere. Their DVOA is low for a reason. And while they save some big wins, when you watch those games you get the feeling that the other team either under preformed or out played them and somehow lost. So what is the deal with this team? Simply put: They are perhaps the scrappiest team. They never give up on a play. I often see a play that should be a loss turned into a nice gain for them. Add in Rivers occasionally making a big time throw and a few lucky bounces that's how a fairly unremarkable team becomes 11-5 and is often in games even against top teams. They have no strength and no real weakness except one. If you play disciplined against them and match their intensity they will have no answer. They will make some plays but water will seek it's level. In the games they handily lost this year (besides week 1 which I don't care about) it included a more talented team playing a fairly clean game. It doesn't need to be perfectly clean, cause the Colts make mistakes too.

Bills - That offense is very good and Allen has been very consistent the last 5 weeks. The defense has been a little disappointing but there is still a a little talent there, but it hasn't played up to it's level and i don't think that will change. By now you should know what this team is. If I were trying to stop them though, the first thing I would do was make anyone but Diggs (1,535 yards) beat me. Easier said than done.

Score: Bills 31 Colts 23 - The Colts will keep it close and somehow stay in the game, but the Bills just need to not blow it pretty much.

4:40 Rams @ Seahawks

Rams - It starts with their D which has been fantastic this year. No surprise. I won't talk about it much, only to say that was Aaron Donald rightfully get praised, the unit as a whole is good right now. It's a shame that they have the QB they do. They have good skill players that aren't being used like they should. While the stats for the run game look okay on paper, it is highly inconsistent and usually depends on the run D they are facing. Vs a bad run D they are good. Vs a good run D they are bad.

Seahawks - Wilson and those weapons are scary. They are having a bit of a slump but not too bad. They were never going to maintain their early season form and they played a lot of decent Ds recently. Their D is pretty average overall. It should be enough to keep this often sluggish and now injured offense where they need them to be.

Score: Seahawks 20 Rams 16 - Rams keep it close with their D, but the Seahawks do just enough to get by them in a tight one.

8:20 Bucs @ Washington

Bucs - I imagine most of you have watched this team this year, so I won't say much but this. The defense will be getting some injured people back soon, though not enough in time to help this game too much. I don't expect them to look as bad on that end as they have recently. The one reservation I have is are the coaches here smart enough to realize the obvious for this match? Get the ball out to Brown and Godwin early and often will be key for them, but they may want to do 7 step drops too much.

Washington - I looked carefully at it, and do not believe the Alex Smith 5-1 hype. In reality in games he is more like 5-2, as one game he was in rather quickly. And in the games he won he was often carried to victories vs bad teams. Their win vs Pitt wasn't impressive as far as Smiths play. A few wide open throws and short ones for 30 yards made him look better than he was. This offense is just as bad under smith as it has been with anyone else under center. The front 4 while fearsome is being slightly over hyped right now. They can get pressure, not the purple people eaters these are not. Nor are they they 07' Giants. They will need it to be to that good to win though. If they don't get to Brady fast, their zone concepts will be a huge issue in this match up. Also they can't really stop the run, and while they Bucs don't attempt runs if they don't work as much, they will stick with it if it does.

Bucs 27 Washington 17 - They won't get enough pressure and the Bucs running game will be the unsung hero.

Gonna pick a Green Bay-Baltimore Super Bowl. This is the Ravens year. The Pats will regret not picking Lamar Jackson when they had the chance.
The refs are too much for Tommy's Bucs next weekend.
The Chefs get beat not by the Bills but the Ravens next weekend as well.
Go ahead and flame away...

Gonna pick a Green Bay-Baltimore Super Bowl. This is the Ravens year. The Pats will regret not picking Lamar Jackson when they had the chance.
9CFE7635-0E82-4311-AD25-5650653F26DE.gif

Doing my Sunday games break down. It will be shorter than Saturday cause I gtg : P

1:05 pm Titans @ Baltimore

Titans - Pretty simple team to understand. They can pass, the can run (or so I have heard. No idea who their scrub RB is. Some no name guy). And they have this QB called Tannehill whose really come on in the later years of his career to become a very solid guy. What they don't have is anything close to a reliable defense. 27.4 PPG is what they typically give up, and it hasn't changed much in the last quarter or so of the season going into the playoffs, so there is no silver lining. That being said, while they can't win the whole thing. They have an offense that can steal them a game or two if things fall their way.

Raven - As I've said before, they have a good D, but not a great one. It can slow good offenses down more often than not though, which is all they need to do to be a huge threat. Their offense has been looking good recently and is well ranked. But in the back of my mine I still have issues trusting Jackson. He has 2,750 passing yards on the year in 15 games. When he plays good teams can can both limit (not stop) his running ability and making passing a bit difficult he has issues and often loses. He has been to the playoffs twice and lost twice, in part because when he faces better teams they are better equipped to stop him from simply 'out athlete-ing' them. I think this is an issue he may deal with his entire career. BUT I don't think the Titans have a good chance to slow him down in this one.

Ravens 30 Titans 27

4:40 pm Bears @ Saints

Saints - They are just a very well rounded team, probably the most well rounded of any team in these playoffs, at least at home. While I have concerns about Brees being able to get it down 4 games in a row, I think he can manage these bears and they can scheme around any problems. their ability to run is underrated at times. They are very good there. Add in one of the better Ds in the playoffs and you have a team who is poised to make a deep run with only one question, will those cracks in the armor trip them up at some point?

Bears - I believe it is the Bears, not Washington that is the worst team in the the playoffs. I don't care who their QB is. I don't trust them to really do anything well. Their D is only okay at best. Their offense is bad. They don't have a QB who can bail them out or a great coach IMO. If they even make this game feel in question past half time I will be surprised.

Saints 30 Bears 13

8:20 Browns @ Steelers

Steelers - Ben looks done. This offense can't be trusted to do it at all. Their D is really good though, but right now they are not looking too unlike Washington with upside depends on if a competent Ben shows up for a bit. Sadly they have no run game to lean on to speak of. So it feels like only a matter of time until they are eliminated, but will it be this day?

Browns - I would have picked them if they were healthy. But Covid strikes and now who knows who will even play for them? They weren't all that good anyway before these issues, and it is looking like two teams on their way down are racing to see who hits the bottom first. Their D when healthy be below average, so what will happen if they sit starters? The one thing they have going for them is that Mayfield probably gives them the QB advantage at this point, you can't even count that out.

Steelers 20 Browns 17

-BUF vs IND (Besides GB, BUF is the hottest team in football. IND is a terrible second half team). IND is not effective off script (after first 15-25 plays). May be close early, but BUF pulls away later. BUF

-SEA vs LAR (Although LAR has the better team; SEA has the better QB...although this is a bad matchup for SEA). LA has LT Whitworth, RB Akers & WR Kupp returning. SEA has played in 25 “One possession games” since 2019; most in the NFL. LA has sacked Wilson 16 times the last 3 games. LA is also #1 in Yards per play allowed. That + SEA’s offensive cold streak + plus playing against a division rival = Defensive slugfest. LA

-TB vs WAS (TB will smoke WAS after halftime (adjustments)/ WAS DL can/will wreak havoc, WAS can’t score. Old beats “Young” :cool: TB

-BAL (neither DT Williams/Campbell played in last matchup; that’s 600+ pounds) Also, TEN has no secondary; and even worse, no pass rush). BAL has #2 ST/ TEN #29 ST. King Henry is the key. Best game of the weekend IMHO. BAL

-NO vs CHI..................NO need to expound

-PIT vs CLE (unless CLE DOMINATES t.o.p. with Chubb/Hunt & gets a couple turnovers, no way they win). I don’t think many are aware that CLE won’t have their head coach, DE Olivier Vernon & G Joel Bitonio. PIT will be able to give even more attention (chips) to DE Garrett. Also, CLE has the least amount of players with playoff experience & a negative point differential. PIT allowed fewest sacks & gained the most sacks in the league. PIT

Last edited:
Serious question why does everyone still pick GreenBay to the Superbowl year after year? They're frauds

Damn I miss that day of a Patriots playoff game excitement......

I'm hoping for all 6 games this weekend to be competitive.

• Sad
Reactions: sb1
Chiefs are to the Ravens what we were to Andrew Luck's Colts. No chance in hell.

Bills...LOL..that TD to Dawson Knox.

Colts need to run it more although Rivers has been spot on..2-3 bad drops/near misses.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back