PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2020 schedule to be released tomorrow - (UPDATED: Pats open vs MIA on 9/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two SNF games?

Damn. So the dwindling of our prime time games begins.

Plus 2 MNF and 1 TNF with the possibility of more flexed in.

Pats seem to be getting breaks playing @Seattle and @KC early.
Maybe no fans to give the home team an edge.

I'm happy with the schedule.

I plan to attend 8 home.

Also
Our opener is week 1 Bucs week 2. I think I'll go to this game.

I have a friend in Chicago so think I'll also go to the Bucs Bears game on Thursday night then hustle back for our home game.

Lastly both LA games back to back seems like a no brainer.

Now go the F@#$ away virus.

19-0 LFG

Studham? That's brillant NYCPatriotNumeroPimp316! You should put a copyright claim on that!

Looking forward to the amount of people getting worked up over the predicted win-loss totals the media will proclaim....

Like that matters. This is a wash season even if they somehow miraculously win 10 games. You wanna see what you have with your QB.

i was not expecting the patriots to get 4 primetime games.

4-4 start to the season. Losses @ SEA @ KC, vs. SF, @ BUF.

Last edited:
Like that matters. This is a wash season even if they somehow miraculously win 10 games. You wanna see what you have with your QB.

Pimpy136 you'd be so worried and concerned if they win 10 games that I may even be worried and concerned for your well being...

Any schedule with 3 away games in a row is a failure !

1.) Love the schedule!!!

2.) Fish fry in week 1 @ Gillette then two tough roadies @SEA and @ KC sandwiching the Vegas Raiders at home. I think we can go 2-2 here.

3.) Denver, SF, @BUF, and @NYJ. Possibly 3-1 and I love playing two road AFCE games in the first half of the season.

4.) Baltimore, @Hou, and Arizona. I like our chances at going 2-1 here.

5.) Back to back L.A. games! Perfect bonding time before the last AFCE run. 1-1 at worst.

6.) Warm December game in Miami followed by BUF/NYJ at home to finish out! 2-1.

7.) 10-6 and AFC East Champions, Baby!

Losses vs. BAL, @ HOU, @ LAR, vs. BUF. We finish the season 8-8.

Expect the revised schedule in Aug, and maybe another revised schedule in late Sept. As in 14 games, perhaps dropping to 12 games.

Two SNF games?

Damn. So the dwindling of our prime time games begins.
They have a total of 5, which is way more than they should have.

Very early look at this tells me 9-7/10-6(ish)

7-9 is what I see as an initial prediction there, there's a run mid-season that could be 5 losses in a row after the bye, 49ers being the only one I see there as a potential W, Ravens will entirely depend on if Jackson can keep up a high level of play/kick on even further.

3-2 heading into the bye and finish with back to back wins.

Bit of a rubbish no mans land in terms of draft pick, no playoffs but no top pick to use instead.

Some optimistic thoughts:
  • Week 6 bye isn't ideal, but 3 consecutive weeks in LA/MIA in the winter will be a nice reprieve.
  • We play all of the most entertaining teams in the league (missing maybe only the Bucs and Saints).
  • I like how the AFC East matchups are weighted towards the end of the year, rather than another set of droll New York weekends in September.
  • Playing game 1 at home will be good for Stidham and his nerves.
  • 5 primetime games will be good for letting the team/Stidham get used to the national pressure that comes in the playoffs.
  • Sure we have the toughest strength of schedule, but the Jets/Dolphins/Bills are all in the top 5 as well (logically), and that usually changes dramatically throughout the year.

Last edited:
Expect the revised schedule in Aug, and maybe another revised schedule in late Sept. As in 14 games, perhaps dropping to 12 games.
I haven't exactly done a thorough analysis, but are there any weeks which stand out as being easy to drop? I know the rumored "all interconference games in first 4 weeks" didn't pan out....

Tampa also has 5 primetime games.

How quickly things have changed for them.

Brutal...early bye week sucks too...This is a 5-11 schedule...

this season could be like a great prom date leading to marital bliss for 15 years....or taking a fall through a plate glass window onto a bed of nails infested with murder hornets...:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes