2019 Patriots Picks

cstjohn17

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
From NESN
Full List Of 2019 Patriots Draft Picks After Compensatory Selections Revealed

First round: No. 32 overall (original)
Second round: No. 56 overall (via Chicago)
Second round: No. 64 overall (original)
Third round: No. 73 overall (via Detroit)
Third round: No. 97 (compensatory)
Third round: No. 101 (compensatory)
Fourth round: No. 134 (original)
Sixth round: No. 205 (compensatory)
Seventh round: No. 239 (via Philadelphia)
Seventh round: No. 243 (via Cleveland, via Kansas City)
Seventh round: No. 246 (original)
Seventh round: No. 252 (compensatory)

I’m guessing they select 5 or 6 players, trade the rest for veterans or future picks. I love drafting 32nd overall, I watch the draft with a smile on my face. In BB I trust.

That sounds about right. Wynn, Bentley and Dawson also haven't really played yet and I guess one of Berrios/Sam/Izzo makes the roster at least. That's 4 additional rookies. 2-3 UDFAs to make the team and about 6 draft picks. Moving a few of the other picks for vets seems like a smart idea.

BB found guys like Patterson and van Noy for basically nothing. I think he will do the same this year for players on cheap/rookie deals.

That sounds about right. Wynn, Bentley and Dawson also haven't really played yet and I guess one of Berrios/Sam/Izzo makes the roster at least. That's 4 additional rookies. 2-3 UDFAs to make the team and about 6 draft picks. Moving a few of the other picks for vets seems like a smart idea.

BB found guys like Patterson and van Noy for basically nothing. I think he will do the same this year for players on cheap/rookie deals.
Can't wait, I'm also for trading back into '20 where I think BB may like the QBs better as well

Patriots are trading for Beckham or Up for a receiver.
Then they should focus on a QB
You have to think long-term
However you have to be sure you have the right QB if you are spending a 1st or second.
I like Lock then best followed by Thorson
I also believe Trace Mcsorley is being slept on.
Barkley said Mcsorley was the best player on Penn State.
You heard that right sleeper in 4th or 5th round.

Patriots are trading for Beckham or Up for a receiver.
Then they should focus on a QB
You have to think long-term
However you have to be sure you have the right QB if you are spending a 1st or second.
I like Lock then best followed by Thorson
I also believe Trace Mcsorley is being slept on.
Barkley said Mcsorley was the best player on Penn State.
You heard that right sleeper in 4th or 5th round.
McSorely is like a less talented Johnny Football (who should have been a third round prospect)

I’m guessing they select 5 or 6 players, trade the rest for veterans or future picks. I love drafting 32nd overall, I watch the draft with a smile on my face. In BB I trust.

Historically ~9 is more likely.

I think 9 is the correct answer with several flipped into next year’s draft.

Come spring training we are going to trade away a few day 3 picks for players to fill in for injuries or depth.

I see us resigning 4 or 5 guys, Gostkowski chief among them.

Plus I see us signing 4 or 5 guys, lb Golden, te Williams, a wr, DT and de.

The biggest trade I see is bb trading away pick #32 for a second this year and next year.

That sounds about right. Wynn, Bentley and Dawson also haven't really played yet and I guess one of Berrios/Sam/Izzo makes the roster at least. That's 4 additional rookies. 2-3 UDFAs to make the team and about 6 draft picks.
That's the thing, with the returnees and extra picks we have almost 3 drafts incoming this year.

2 #1 (Wynn and 2019 pick)
3 #2 (Dawson and two 2019 picks)
3 #3 (Three 2019 picks)

Then the later picks plus Bentley and maybes like Sam, Berrios, Izzo.

As of now we need to rebuild WR, TE, DL. Some can be done in FA. We have cap space if Flowers leaves (if not DL is less of a rebuild). We have some massive holes but draft capital and some cap space to fix it.

this is a deep draft when it comes to defensive front 7 guys.....particularly when it comes to the first 3 rounds

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back