PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018 Training Camp Thread - Day 14* (8/14/18)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm sure they have Kenbrell Thompkins, Aaron Dobson, and Josh Boyce on speed dial.

I know it is a pipe dream but I wish ****ing NFL reporters were able to be more nuanced when they describe incompletions. "Drop" is used for 99% of incompletions nowadays, even on non-trivial catches or contested catches. A drop is a ball that should have been caught most of the time. 50/50 balls are not ****ing drops.

"Nuance" is tough to convey on twitter. For most idiots.

Letting Amendola go for 6 million bucks (and he would have taken a bit less to stay here) was such a colossally stupid mistake.

Meanwhile Dwayne Allen is making 5 million this year.

Not mention Trading the one dimensional Cooks and knowing the uncertainty of Mitchell's knees. And not Drafting a quality WR Early albeit they suck at it. :rolleyes:

I know it is a pipe dream but I wish ****ing NFL reporters were able to be more nuanced when they describe incompletions. "Drop" is used for 99% of incompletions nowadays, even on non-trivial catches or contested catches. A drop is a ball that should have been caught most of the time. 50/50 balls are not ****ing drops.

It's not even 50/50 balls sometimes. Local personalities still refer to the Lee Evans play against the Ravens in the AFCCG as a "drop", when it's clearly Moore punching the ball out.

Not resigning Amendola was a terrible decision when they knew they were getting rid of Cooks and Mitchell's future was very much in doubt.

No it was not. It was the only reasonable choice after the Dolphins send crazy money to his house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back